posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
THE HUMAN DREAM........

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by spidy]

[edit on 19-9-2009 by spidy]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This video is the result of boredom. It's basically some nice hubble pics with some background music.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Very nice thread, Gimme. A flag for you!

I very much enjoyed all the posters. I LOVE the train videos, Gimme and Hellmutt. It was nice to see the musical stylings of Whaaa and dmorgan. Thanks for sharing! Those 3D animations were cool as well! Just a great thread altogether, I'm sorry I can't remember everyone's name and what you posted. All of you deserve mention. YouTube is awesome!!!

I suppose I'll post a couple of mine. They're nothing really great and special...just some quick paintings I did for friends with artpad.art.com and then set them to music, none of which is original to me. Anywho...hope you enjoy.

And one more:

*edited cuz I don't know how to post YouTube. haha first time*

[edit on 23-9-2009 by glitchinthematrix]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I say that it is about time to give this thread a bump back to life.
I'll start it off again with some new additions to my Youtube channel

Empty train ID E509-18 passing the South Charleston Yard.

The 2009 New River Train.

Eastbound Merchandise Q698-28.

And some more favorites!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Youtube has changed, so they now have new links to favorites, etc. I like the way the videos can be scrolled all on one page now.

My Uploads

My Favorites

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mutt, I love what they have done to user pages. Youtube just made it easier for everybody to look over a channel that you like. Speaking of Youtube, I uploaded a couple more videos today even though this update was way overdue.

Westbound merchandise freight.

Amtrak Train #50, the eastbound Cardinal.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I was at the COP15 in Copenhagen today. Not in the conference center, but outside. I shot this video while drinking a cup of coffee.

COP15 - 20091207

COP15 (United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen), 20091207. Filmed near the Conference center (Bella Center), by the Metro station. Btw, nothing spectacular happens in this video. Their drumming sounds a bit like a train. They gave me free coffee and a protest badge.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have been doing some more updates to my Youtube Channel since yesterday. Most of these videos were shot at night with the exception of one.

It's an all Electro Motive Division trio on this morning's Q302-07 manifest. To beat all about it, all three motors are over twnty-five years old.

On Sunday afternoon, we had a little bit of a treat come through with this "long" coal train. The entire train consisted of two locomotives and six loaded coal cars. The reason being is that these cars and the two motors were involved in a derailment here on Friday night.

It is another early morning eastbound on Sunday as eastbound manifest Q302-06 proceeds through town on its way towards Clifton Forge and Richmond, Virginia.

I shot this one a few nights before the Thanksgiving Holiday. CSXT 8781 led the westbound manifest Q303-21 through town on a mild Sunday night. This train was only one of about seven or eight that passed through town in a three hour time period.

This is the train that started the madness on that very same night. Westbound anhydrous ammonia train W944 heads through town with CSXT 7849 going solo.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know, again, I honestly almost forgot that I have updated my channel within the past week. I don't know what it is with me and night videos right now. However, it seems that a couple of my night videos have done relatively well. That and I did break my streak of night videos with todays video. Also, not all of the videos posted to this reply were shot at night.

Anyways, here are the new night videos.

Turn your speakers and surround sound up for this one!! Feel the power as two locomotives throttle up while pulling this train loaded with ethyl bethyl nasty stuff eastward through town.

Its time we go old school as a former Baltimore & Ohio six axle diesel leads a rather short eastbound manifest through town on a late Wednesday night. As for this video, I just never know what I am going to see leading a freight through here.

Now I do realize that I did post this one way after I shot the video. I shot the video back on October 25th of this year and I didn't really have the time to upload it until the other day. Amtrak train #50 passes the Saint Albans Depot on that cool morning. We even got a horn salute and a wave from the crew in the engine.

There are some days where patience really pays off and it pays off well. This next video is just an example of such a day. A friend of mine and I had set out to explore some more "locations" for our hobby. So we decided to head up to the "town" of Chelyan, West Virginia. Needless to say, we were not disappointed with the way our videos came out that day.

This video is hot off of my camera and on Youtube. You know you are having troubles when one of your freight trains is parked in a siding for four days in a row. Then again, this all started on Friday night when the first real good winter storm in a few years hit the area. The reason why is because from Montgomery, West Virginia to Clifton Forge, Virginia, the entire line was shutdown due to the amount of snow that had fallen. This video basically gives the details such as when the engines were built, who originally owned them, and why in God's name had been here for so long.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It has been a while since I have updated my Youtube channel.
I have put at least another twenty videos online since Janurary.
Even though my computer crashed on me and I had no other way to upload until now with the new one. Needless to say, I think my total uploads my double by the end of the week.

Anyways, on to the videos we go.

First up is a two for one deal this past Sunday morning. When the starts out, a westbound empty coal train comes hustling on the opposite track across from me. After about a minute or so, Amtrak's train #50, the eastbound calls out that he is coming my way and coming fast. So, with quick thinking I panned the camera towards the northwest just in time to get the end of the coal train and the passenger train right afterwards.

Right here we have another coal train heading through the town of Montgomery, West Virginia. I will just tell you guys this, the platform at the passenger station that I was at is smaller than I originally thought. If you really want to know how close it was, just watch and listen to the video.

Here we have our daily eastbound manifest freight coming through town. This train was over a mile and a quarter in length with just two motors on the head end. If you listen closely, you can actually hear the conductor call me by my nickname over the radio. Yes, I do know this man personally and have known him for years.

Now for the real treat for me this past Saturday. I had went out to shoot some video since it was a clear day. Little did I know until I heard the chatter on the radio that one of my favorite engineers was about to come through on a westbound coal empty. Anyway, when I saw the crossing gate at the road crossing come on just up the street. When they came on, then I knew he was coming. Didn't really know how fast he was coming until he popped around the curve. Plus, he gave me a nice "little" horn salute as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's my latest video. I noticed that the videos I had with No More Words, were only at 480p or lower in quality. So, I've now made a 720p version.

Burperup, Denmark, March 22 2010

Rudo And His Great Machine - No More Words (1990)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have been blasting my Youtube channel with uploads within the last couple of days. Last night, I had the opportunity to go out and video a piece of equipment that I have always wanted to get a video of. I shot a few videos of the Harsco Railgrinder in action as it was doing a couple of test runs and, eventually, I shot a video of it grinding the rails through town. What makes this even better is that they were grinding through here at around 11PM.

I shot a video of one of our passenger trains coming thourh here the other morning with impecable timing. I mean right as soon as the blue car comes up to the crossing, he comes around the curve a blasting his horn.

Have you guys ever heard of the song "I Been Workin' On the Railroad?" Well, if not, this train in the following video is an epitomy of the said song. All this thing is carrying was work equipment for the track gangs.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Uploaded another video to my channel the other night after I got home from a day of train watching. This video is of unit grain train G879 heading back westbound with a lone EMD product producing the juice. Did get a nice "Doppler Effect" as he hits the horn when he rolls below the underpass.

Some more of my favorites.

Here is a rock classic from 1970.
Crosby, Stills, & Nash with "Suite : Judy Blue Eyes"

Have you ever turned on the radio and heard one of those "drinking songs" being played and you didn't really know what it was about? Well, here my friends is someone's English translation to what one of these drinking songs mean. Here it Margaritaville: An English Translation.

A couple for you wrestling fans of old like me.

In case you have forgotten who this man is, I will just give you this one hint. He IS The Man, He IS The Master, and He STILL IS The Ruler Of the World. He is Psycho Sid!!!

Also, if you are a fan or the original Extreme Championship Wrestling, then you should know who this group is. If you don't know who it is, then I have three words for you. WE'RE TAKING OVER!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I went another one of my uploading frenzies the other night. I wasn't too far from hitting the 200 upload mark on Youtube. Lets just say with the amount of videos I uploaded just last night, I hit the 200 mark easily by the time I went to sleep.

Here is that 200th upload of mine. Which was a good one for me considering what the engineer did to me. If you listen closely though, you will hear two "shave and a haircut" being blasted out on the horn.

In these following videos, I set up my camera just to the east of one of the crossing. Just to the east of there is a broad curve that comes in from the northeast. Granted these two videos where filmed at the same part, they were not taken on the same day. In fact, these two videos were taken about a week apart.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My newest video fresh, well almost fresh, off of my hard drive. Train G894 heads westbound through my hometown while on its way back to the town of Garrett, Indiana. The crew one this one gave me one of the best and longest horn salutes that I have ever heard in my life.

In this video, I have put together some of the best videos that I have shot this year. This includes everything from work trains to coal trains to freight trains. All of the trains in this one were taken along CSX trackage through Central West Virginia.

However, in this video I have have put together some of the "oddballs" that I see coming through my area every once in a while. I mean that it is not very often that I see a former CONRAIL locomotive still in CONRAIL paint or a locomotive that I hardly ever see come through.

Now it is time for some more of my Youtube favorites.

Here is Bob Seger with Shame On The Moon.

Dire Straits with The Bug live from Basel, Switzerland
[yvid]MGu6JsQOFjM[yvid]

Toto with one of their biggest hits, Africa.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My newest video fresh, well almost fresh, off of my hard drive. Train G894 heads westbound through my hometown while on its way back to the town of Garrett, Indiana. The crew one this one gave me one of the best and longest horn salutes that I have ever heard in my life.

In this video, I have put together some of the best videos that I have shot this year. This includes everything from work trains to coal trains to freight trains. All of the trains in this one were taken along CSX trackage through Central West Virginia.

However, in this video I have have put together some of the "oddballs" that I see coming through my area every once in a while. I mean that it is not very often that I see a former CONRAIL locomotive still in CONRAIL paint or a locomotive that I hardly ever see come through.

Now it is time for some more of my Youtube favorites.

Here is Bob Seger with Shame On The Moon.

Dire Straits with The Bug live from Basel, Switzerland
[yvid]MGu6JsQOFjM[yvid]

Toto with one of their biggest hits, Africa.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I will just post my youtube channel and let you berate me all you want

*Runs and hides*

TheLonersManual

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Send a Dear John letter to the one who deserves it the most!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I used to love making videos, haven't done much lately, I think the vids below are about two years old...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I do not know what it is with people having severe bouts of stupidity lately around my area. It is not every day when I get the news that CSX would be sending their "Office Car Special" would be approaching my house. I had heard a day or two earlier that it was going to come through. So my father and I decided to see if we could grab a shot or two of this guy. We decided to go to a particular crossing just down the road from us. When we got there, we only had to wait about twenty minutes until it showed up.

Little did both of us know that some moron in a pickup truck would decide to tempt fate by running the gates in front of him. Lucky for him, and us as well, he made it across with about two seconds to spare. If that truck would have got there a second later, it would not have been a pretty sight. We, as in my father and myself, would have been killed if he would have got hit. Not to mention the fact that the driver would have been killed on impact.

After we had decided to grab a bite to eat to calm our nerves. We decided that we would head across the river to check out what Norfolk Southern was doing. No sooner than we got to the railroad crossing at Morris Street in Charleston, I heard the dispatcher giving a northbound work train an authority to proceed on further down the line over the radio. After hearing that, we hunkered down and waited.........and this is what we were rewarded with.

Last week, I did not do much in the way of video since it had been blazing hot. So instead, I threw together a couple of videos of what has been passing through town. These two compiliation videos are of some extra freight trains that have been running through here. Most of these, not all of them, were shot at night time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join