It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea says no compromise against North's threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

SEOUL, June 6 (Reuters) - South Korea will not back down to communist North Korea after it raised global concerns last week with a defiant nuclear test and threats to attack its capitalist neighbour, the South's president said on Saturday.

The U.N. Security Council is looking to punish the reclusive North for its nuclear test which drew international condemnation, while a South Korean daily said U.S. officials are moving to clamp down on the impoverished state's meagre international finances. [ID:nSEO370261]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow!

I think South Korea just grew a pair...
This is a very big change indeed. Normally you don't hear much out of Seoul when little Kimmy acts up. This definitively shows the times are a changing. South Korea doesnt have the numbers that North Korea does but it does have some of the most modern hardware.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How right you are .

Things seem very very different this time around regarding NK's tantrums .

We have SK talking very tough .
We have Russia and China speaking out very loudly against NK .
Both Russia and China preparing for the possibility of an armed conflict on or near there boarder .

The list goes on ...

Yes things seem very very different this time around . What started as NK wanting to make moves to better position its self at the bargaining table of the " six party talks " seems to have backfired BIG TIME .

Can't help but wonder if there was a bit of the old " bait and switch " going on .

One thing , I don't think we will have very long to wait to see how this will unfold .

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The atmosphere does *seem* most different from the times gone before between these two.

Though I tend to agree (with others) some of this is blown out of proportion - I still rest in the camp, as you two do, that this is not just your every day *cry out for attention* from N.Korea.

I think there’s more to the turn-over of power in N.Korea also.

Though Kim’s not dead yet (or is he? - that’s been debated to the death too, no pun intended) I would venture to say the *Third Son’s* hold of the reigns of power will be felt a lot sooner than people think.

Thus Russia / China's big thumb(s) falling harder than usual - Keep him in check before he's *official*...

peace

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Maybe their government knows something we don't about our military planning something aggressive against NK? The Prez sounds like he's cracking down, though if he actually does anything is still to be seen. I'm slightly concerned as I live in Alaska, and that fancy new missile they have supposedly could reach me. I hope all those missile-defence silos around the base are working correctly. And I read somewhere that he spoke some words of warning to Iran and North Korea during one of his speeches in the last couple days?

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7-6-2009 by AK49er]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by AK49er]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Wow!

I think South Korea just grew a pair...

No the "pair" was always there, the right one is the U.S and the left one is Japan
But seriously the south need to quit patronizing Kim jong bonga longa dig dong and just start destroying these missile's as soon as their discovered.

(warning language)

[edit on 7-6-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This all reminds me of a football game.

Someone make a touchdown already.

And an extra point.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
its up and its wide right ahhh what a shame and lil kimmie was doing so good.
sorry i couldn't help it Common Good had to bring football into it.

serious now though.

with the health issue of lil kimmie forefront. there is a power grab going on right now in NK. Alot of people think his 3rd son will inherit the throne so to speak. But i read some where under the party rules in NK he can't follow daddy. IIRC the article said it was his 2nd son that could by party rules of NK follow daddy. But both the 1st and 2nd sons are just as bad as lil kimmie if not worse.

One thing is for sure though. NK better stop their plans now, Russia and China both are getting tired of the BS. and Japan is just looking for a provocation to invade NK. Then Obama won't have a choice but to pull troops out of Iraq to send to Japan and S. Korea, to help fight the NK.

It would be political suicide for the democrats to pass a new draft and political suicide for Obama to sign into law a new draft.

[edit on 6/7/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
LOL

I linked to the "post a thread" page by mistake
and nobody noticed

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here we go a bit more details.
The stage is being getting set....

For what only time will tell.

S.Korea makes plans to counter North missile: report

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea has outlined a plan to counter a possible missile attack by North Korea, including airstrikes on a missile base, Seoul's Yonhap News reported on Sunday citing military sources.

A scenario by the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff submitted to President Lee Myung-bak on Saturday included a plan to counter-attack in case North Korea fires a missile targeting the South's battleships in the contested waters off the west coast, Yonhap said.

new topics

top topics

join