It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna buy a gun mate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe that we continue to possess our statutory right to own a firearm because the freedom of owning weaponry has become a form of world order population control.

And, as such; is preferred.

Crime figures and statistics of, MURDERS WITH FIREARMS , per capita, by country, Globally, during 2008

Taking in to consideration, the appropriate local firearms law along with the struggles of the current global financial climate and the level status of each individual nation, I believe that the above statistics seem to verify this theory.

my reasoning is; I believe that TPTB would not shut down a profitable and self governing system holding many desirable benefits, they would be better off, not encouraging, but simply allowing the population to exterminate itself (monitored numbers) in a controlled and clean(ish) fashion.

GUN VIOLENCE IN THE UNITED STATES , From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel we are all being given an option.

It would be a wonderful world if we could all go back to fighting with our fists again, no? why, because everyone needs protection? protection from what? each other? ourselves?

The lust for power above thy neighbour?

Sport?

Random fact: In Kennesaw georgia, every house has been ordered to have a gun in it.

Google Video Link

Gun curbs leading to more frequent lesser crime spree's? quite possible.

This can only add depth to the argument.

Is it better to have less shooting related deaths and injuries and more 'local' crime or just let the classes weed themselves?, the latter is certainly cheaper and more immediately convenient.

If you have a pro gun attitude I would like to know what inspires you to 'carry', maybe you can enlighten me further.

If you have experienced, or if you have any information on gun crime, or if you know of any irregularities in the ownership of deadly weapons in the UK please visit the GUN CONTROL NETWORK or policingpledge.direct.gov.uk... ; and follow the relevant guidelines, or call 999.

If you are residing in one of the forty states in the USA with concealed weapons licence laws and you have complaints or questions please take action with the FREEDOM STATES ALLIANCE or call 911

Please feel free to visit the USA GUN CONTROL ACT 1968 website if you feel so inclined.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

You fail to take into account the exponentially greater number of times a gun is used to STOP a crime, as opposed to the number of times it is used in one.

Those stories arent sexy enough to make the news though.

Fact: Gun control doesnt work. Want proof? How about a very recent example

Chicago has some of the harshest gun control laws in the nation. They hate guns there, yet in a 24 hour period there were 7 shootings.

Think those were all "law abiding" gun owners engaging in the shootouts? Of course not. Criminals do not follow laws, nor will they follow any new gun control laws.

To believe that they would is ignorantly naive at best, or brain damaged at worst.

Gun control laws are unconstitutional, without fact or common sense to back them up, and a plan to eliminate the last shield of freedom of an already oppressed people like we are here in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If you have a pro gun attitude I would like to know what inspires you to 'carry', maybe you can enlighten me further.

I grew up in rural Missouri. We loved to fight with our fists. There were very few shootings or stabbings. There was no closing time for bars, they closed when the fights broke out. You fought with your friends, your enemies, etc. Some one you fought against tonight, may fight by your side tomorrow night!

That said. I have always carried a gun, since I was 16. I have never considered pulling my gun during a fight. Not once, out of hundreds of opportunities. I have been near gun fire plenty, I had a friend shot when we were 18 (not in my car, but on same street), I have been shot at in the dark (deservedly). I have pulled my gun once time during a traffic altercation where the other party pulled theirs first, and I found out later he was an off-duty cop! Neither of us pointed, or fired, thankfully!

To answer your question, beyond the typical "It's my right" "Defend against tyranny" and "Deterrent for foreign invasion," which are all great and valid arguments, I carry it for the same reasons the cowboys did, the same reason I carry my pocket knife, ID, and an inkpen. To be prepared! I may need to shoot something. Could be a snake (cowboy use), could be a carjacker, could be a padlock, a rabid dog, or a disgruntled ex-fastfood worker.

Think of all the recent gun tragedies like Virginia Tech. They weren't tragedies because one person had a gun, they were tragedies because no one else had a gun! If 5% of the students carried a gun, the body count would have been much lower. The McDonald's shooting in Oklahoma several years ago, the workplace shootings we hear about so often. If even 1 or 2 people out of a hundred had guns, they would have been able to defend their friends and co-workers.

I seriously doubt I will ever need to use my pistol. But each time I think it is too much of an inconvenience to carry it, I think about watching people die around me and not being able to do anything about it. I feel it is a responsibility, since I have the skills, training, and permit to carry it, I need to do so!

I was cornered in an alley in Dallas, TX once, and I was able to do some nifty driving to avoid some gang-bangers. I was severely outnumbered in a fight once, but I was able to take-away a baseball bat.

I have been in many sticky situations, and knowing the gun was there as a last resort afforded me the time and confidence to find another alternative. Without it, I would certainly have acted differently, and probably been hurt or killed.

In addition, when I carry my gun, I go out of my way to avoid confrontations. I try to be a little more polite. If someone seems like a trouble-maker, I swallow my pride and get out of the situation. I never want to have to shoot someone, so I am a better citizen when I am armed. Otherwise, I would probably want to make an example of someone every now and then.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have to agree here with SurvivalGear.

In most instances just the presentation of a weapon is enough to stop crime in its tracks people that try to argue against that logic fail to recognize that it works for cops everyday.

Most criminals want easy prey, they don't want to fight they want to get what the want and go on about their business. Studies have been conducted on felons that commit violent crime and a majority say if they know somebody is armed they go on about their business and look for another target.

You will never be able to get rid of weapons. I wouldn't mind if people started using their fist to settle their differences, but unfortunately that isn't the real world. We live in a world where people use tools to gain an upper hand to better their chances of success what ever that may be.

I think what people need to realize is that guns don't make you any safer, but what it does do is gives you an equal opportunity to come out of a bad situation alive.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

It would be a wonderful world if we could all go back to fighting with our fists again, no? why, because everyone needs protection? protection from what? each other? ourselves?

if i got in a fist fight with you, probably one strike to my head would put me unconcious and then you could do anything you wanted, including urinate on me

therefore i will seek a gun, so that i may be equal for once and capable of preventing all these monsters from pwning me 100%

with a gun i have a chance

without one? im just a punching bag...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

"If you have a pro gun attitude I would like to know what inspires you to 'carry', maybe you can enlighten me further. "

I carry a gun 100% of the time unless I'm at a liquor selling or serving establishment.

A) I refuse to be the victim of any crime. You want to rob, carjack, or kill me? Well I'm afraid you will be involved in a gunfight first.

B) If someone near me is in the process of becoming a victim, I will help them out.

C) If a whack job starts going postal (shooting,or stabbing people at a mall or wherever) and I am there, I will attempt to stop the perp even if it means me getting killed in the process.

D) I refuse to get tazered.

Edit to add I actually possess a valid concealed carry license.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm not necessarily a gun carrier, or anything like that, but if one lives in a city where crime is high I believe people should be able to carry at least small "pea shooters" (like .22-.32 calibers) if you will, to protect themselves ESPECIALLY WOMEN! Think how many rapes could be prevented if a women carried a small pistol in her purse?
For instance a woman's walking home in a dangerous neighborhood, a stranger is stalking her, if she uses mace against him it might stop him or only anger him more, but if she pulled out a pistol don't you think that the message would be more clear and threatening?
Even a lot of burglars aren't really hardened criminals with the intention to kill, they just want the money and they use the show of power and fear to prey on the weak. If the shopkeeper has a gun the playing field is equal, no?

There's a saying out here in the west: Thomas Jefferson said all men were created equal, the Colt Peacemaker made it true.

Do I like automatic weapons or any weapon intended for killing others? No, but if the criminals have them... then the citizens, the police, & the militias should. People should be able to carry firearms if they feel the need. The criminals will always have them, why not the citizens then?

[edit on 7-6-2009 by asmall89]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by asmall89]

new topics

top topics

join