It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Photos of Hitler Published

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Rare Photos of Hitler Published

news.aol.com

Adolf Hitler stands in a car during a motorcade, delivering his infamous "Heil Hitler" salute to the assembled German troops.
This chilling image and others like it are part of a collection of never-before-published color photos taken by one of Hitler's personal photographers, Hugo Jaeger. Jaeger sold the prints in 1965 and they are now in several galleries displayed online by Life magazine.
Jaeger, one the few photographers to use color extensively in the 1930s, had what Life called "unpreced
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Geeze it's been about 65 years since Hitler. What is with the infatuation with him, besides the fact some people think he was a genocidal madman or a genius.

My opinion is he was a Genocidal Madman and a genius. Who else using the power of speech could have a whole country going for the "final solution", who else after 5 or 6 decades could have groups sill dedicated to his failed beliefs?

I do however thin the images are interesting I have rarely seen Hitler in anything other than black and white.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Those are definitely interesting! I think he is probably the most well known and intriguing character in history.
It is cool to see colour, because it is always hard to imagine what something looks like in black and white film and video.

He definitely was horrible but also a genius. And you have to remember the German civilians did not know about the Solution. They were kept unaware, just as populations are today, so the State can have its way.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Nice photos, thanks. Very brilliant colour too.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
# I got better ones never seen by most.also got hte real facts of ww2 from the institute of historical review.it is a real eye opener. if youu believe the history the governments teach you , you are nnot in light of the truths surrounding both ww 1 and 2.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtiml
# I got better ones never seen by most.also got hte real facts of ww2 from the institute of historical review.it is a real eye opener. if youu believe the history the governments teach you , you are nnot in light of the truths surrounding both ww 1 and 2.

Can you elaborate anymore?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xtiml

Yes , lets see your "better ones".

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Great pictures.

I'm going to get flamed very badly for this, but I must say that I admired Hitler. What he did was atrocious and it is a shame he escaped being hung by commiting suicide, but God help me I admire him.

Think how much of a genius this guy was. He convinced very intelligent people that a pure race has blonde hair and blue eyes with "pure blood". He got these people believing that he was to be the leader of this race even though he was dark haired, dark eyed and documented jewish blood.

How brilliant is that!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I must say, my former partner who lives in Munich, she had her farther's portrait hanging in her living room and guess what, yes he was one of those assigned to protect Adolf as a body guard, he was recruited from a young age as she told me and slowly moved up the ranks. She did show me photos which were not published due to the fact that they were personal property. So i cannot see why this would make any sort of sensational news.

Also, he was captured by allies and imprisoned and integrated for two years, he did not stand trial as just before the fall of Berlin he was sent to the front lines to hold off the allies advancement.

P.S. From the many news reels or documentary's that you may have seen were it shows Adolf at the mountain house, he can be seen for a brief moment. That was then, this is now.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ah Hitler, the poster child for abortion.
I don't care how much of a Genus the man was, he was a homicidal genocidal madman that should have been put down like a dog before he breached his mothers womb.

The only thing Hitler has done for this world is point out what NOT to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Point out what not to do?

This guy did everything correct except for underestimating the allied forces. If it wasn't for his ego he might have been able to accomplish victory.

Like all great men, ego was his downfall.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

What I meant by "What Not To Do" is Don't try an exterminate a race of people. Don't get into a land war with Russia in the winter. Don't decide that it's ok to just blitzkrieg across Europe and envelope it into a fascist dictatorship.

This man is to be loathed not admired.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Political and military genius. It's just sad that he was lead so far astray from what he could have accomplished. If only we could have used the people with intelligence to do good things within this world.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think it's because of how terrible he was combined with his effectiveness that I think it's very important that we study his example. Adolf Hitler literally wrote the book on how to high jack an extremely intelligent country and then use it for what would under normal circumstances never fly. And the fact that he was able to get away with these acts for many years without any sort of interference from the rest of the world is just incredible.

To an extent the whole world is partially responsible for his actions with our inaction for so many years. Because of the scale of his actions and the fact that it was recent enough to give us excellent records of what he did he makes the perfect mistake to learn from. Sadly, we can all learn a lot from him.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

P.S. From the many news reels or documentary's that you may have seen were it shows Adolf at the mountain house, he can be seen for a brief moment. That was then, this is now.

I don't understand? What does that mean?

PS

I have been to Berchtesgaden Germany and the Eagle's Nest, Spent a week there. It's now owned and run but the US military and used as a resort for those American forces stationed in Europe.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think we could all relate to your "admiration for Hitler". We all desire the power to change the world to which we think is the best possible world.

It is just a shame he took the route that he did because I think there other paths that can be taken to achieve the same end result.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, as I said what he did was atrocious. What he accomplished and how he did it is what I admire.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They're pretty cool pics. I remember when I was a little kid I used to think the world really was black and white back in those days

Anyway, I am interested in the theories that he began to get sick with some sort of degenerative disease or that he was drugged. As time passed by you can see in his eyes that he began to look a little deranged and confused like some people who use drugs or have dementia get. He is lucky he wasn't an openly sick person in his world or he would have been killed .

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

It is believed and widely accepted that he had syphillys. It was supposedly widely known in his inner circle that he was sick.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
They're pretty cool pics. I remember when I was a little kid I used to think the world really was black and white back in those days

Anyway, I am interested in the theories that he began to get sick with some sort of degenerative disease or that he was drugged. As time passed by you can see in his eyes that he began to look a little deranged and confused like some people who use drugs or have dementia get. He is lucky he wasn't an openly sick person in his world or he would have been killed .

I believe that is called the Hundred yard stare. I believe the change in his appearance was due to the toils of war. He wanted to lead his people to victory but instead met defeat. Egomaniacs tend to become depressed when they don't get their way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join