It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any Christians believe in life after death, ghosts or reincarnation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I believe that our soul rests with God until the Second Coming.

This is new and fresh. The thought seems like almost a perfect in between of most of the opinions we've been seeing on this thread so far. Could you quote a passage or two that helped you form this opinion?
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Goodmorning Heyo, and anyone else from last night.

I've got to do some running this morning, but wanted to pop in. The bible is an esoteric script. The gospels were taken, and then butchered by the pharisees at the Nicea. Who are the pharisees??? They would be modern zionist jews. No ill will intended, but simply the truth.

I do read the globe, and other "fluff" pieces because I want to figure out the truth. I want to know what I am reading is the truth; due to looking at all the angles. I do live out of the country(no I wouldn't recommend Greece), and watching the MSM from afar, makes seeing their lies that much stronger. In order to release the knowledge a person has from within takes keys to open it from outside. Kinda like enterpreting the metaphorical speaking of what the pharisees bible presesnts.

There are many metaphors that have the potential of different interpretations.

Bringing the dead back to life, is possible representative of one of the essenses bringing a fallen, or rebuking member back into the cult.

Same instance for water into wine. It has been interpreted as, well, in today's terms getting someone to convert to Christianity.

Now, since the bible was written, and changed through a multitude of languages............NONE OF US ARE PRIVY TO THE ORIGINAL INTERPRETATIONS. This especially means trying to unlock the esoteric book with a pinch of maybe a sixth sense.........in order to understand

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
From what I remember reading, is that there was some guy who was talked to by a spirit, and it told him that the life after was real. He said small people (dwarves) become a normal persons height, people who are blind are able to see again, and people who are paralyzed will get to walk/be active again. He also said you get many girlfriends, and can live out other fantasies! Drink all the beer you want, and live as a king.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

In John 1 19-22 John the Baptist says himself that he is not Elijah???

So why did he lie?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by watchtheashes

I believe that our soul rests with God until the Second Coming.

This is new and fresh. The thought seems like almost a perfect in between of most of the opinions we've been seeing on this thread so far. Could you quote a passage or two that helped you form this opinion?
Thanks.

Goodmorning Sancho, Heyo and Sundancer. I was always taught, that when Christ was crucified the gates of heaven were open for all of humanity since He died for our Original Sin a crutch passed on from Adam and Eve. Before that I suppose our souls sat in a holding state until God's final plan was accomplished through His Son. Our souls where too impure to go through the gate before Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I have always been led to believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xGunthrux

I think you are referencing Mathew 11:5 - I just read that again this morning.
"The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them".

He also said you get many girlfriends, and can live out other fantasies! Drink all the beer you want, and live as a king.

PLEASE someone post the passage this came from lol. I'm sure there are a lot of guys here that would be very interested in that one.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Of course you are going to get a different answer from everyone but as a Christian I believe you soul resides on earth until the second coming. That will be why we see graves rising etc. I think this is possibly where "spirits" come from. Demons, I think, are not new souls but malevolent souls that were brought down with Lucifer, his minions I guess so to speak. Reincarnation? I believe it is possible, in revelation 2 prophets will be reincarnated to proclaim that Christ is returning. So reincarnation I'm sure is possible on the selection of God. Could satan/the dragon cause reincarnation? I'm not sure of an answer on this, I believe he himself reincarnates in every age to try establish himself, but then again it could just be the spirit of satan entering certain peoples like as with Judas... but like I said, I couldn't say for sure. As far as earth being promised to us, I am thinking here the new earth. And the new kingdom, New Jerusalem. I fully believe we will inherit the New ones, not the old one, or the one on which we reside now.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I was always taught, that when Christ was crucified the gates of heaven were open for all of humanity since He died for our Original Sin a crutch passed on from Adam and Eve. Before that I suppose our souls sat in a holding state until God's final plan was accomplished through His Son. Our souls where too impure to go through the gate before Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I have always been led to believe.

Oh great now yet another angle to look into lol . And good morning to you too Jake

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I consider myself a Christian but I like the concept of reincarnation.

If only immortality and eternal youth weren't out of my reach...or are they??? hmmmm

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

You're correct on the council. I'm glad for discoveries such as the dead sea scrolls that we are able to look at now. Since they are dated back so far, although we may never have an "original," we do have a much older version to reference to. In certain circumstances I know, but it's better than nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Essentially my description echoes the one presented by Octotom earlier in the thread. He gives some good biblical emphasis on what I said in my post. I didn't see his post before I submitted mine. However, he is saying what I am trying get across better than I.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm with a new religion and we don't believe in ANYTHING,

we don't even believe in the fact that we don't believe in anything or that i'm typing this message now. LOL i don't even believe you're reading this.

BELIEVE THIS

(the missing word after "this" is actually a cool way of saying "nothing" if you believe it)

SEE YOU GUYS I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUR SMILES AND HATE YOUR YELLOW TEETH

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought

How can you not believe in anything?? Do you pretend you're not there when you look in the mirror?? Since believing in nothing includes not believing in yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destroyed

Originally posted by JustAThought

How can you not believe in anything?? Do you pretend you're not there when you look in the mirror?? Since believing in nothing includes not believing in yourself.

Yeah exactly. I just look in the mirror and go "hey there's a creature staring at me, LOL i can't believe that at all. UNREAL."

It's cool too because i have many friends who don't believe in anything either, so i'll call one guy and go "Hey, i can't believe this, we're here talking in a phone, on a planet, in a milkyway, in a huge space, in a >insert ignorance/eternity here< and i just used this plastic box with the word nokia on it, to hear your voice in. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ?" And they'll always agree and be like "NO DUDE, I can't even BELIEVE IM BREATHING DUDE! Let's go out and agree on how UNBELIEVABLE everything is and how little we actually know." And i'll be like "Alright DUDE believe it," and he'll be like "I can't believe it man, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE GOING OUT AND TALKING ABOUT HOW UNBELIEVABLE IT ALL IS." And i'll be like "ok ok don't believe it, but just wait for me to arrive at your place and you'll KNOW IT!" (he still never believed me though, he's a hardcore follower)

I can't believe i just typed all that stuff! Woah.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by JustAThought]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When we start looking at the battle between good, and Evil we can all see this wicked battle raging. It's a matter of opening your eyes. The bible is about the fall of man, and too date especially with the raging battle going on I doubt any of us have been raised to a higher realm. I'm not trying to sound negative, at all. I'd lean more toward the laying in wait until the 'second coming', or reincarnation.

We are of a 'fallen man' lineage. That would be why the bible refers to everyone as sinners.

To anyone that doesn't see the raging battle, remember, and read the bible. It is full of warnings to the Israelites of people who cannot see.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

I think this is possibly where "spirits" come from. Demons, I think, are not new souls but malevolent souls that were brought down with Lucifer, his minions I guess so to speak.

So far the passages I'm reading seem to agree with you there. What about ghosts, same type thing maybe?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Good morning Sancho. I think most people on this thread have open eyes and are trying to "see". The answers are there no doubt, we just have to keep looking.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by Centurionx

...It really bothers me that they didn't "allow" certain books into the bible. Who wouldn't feel the book of Mary would be an important addition?

FWIW...

It was never a matter of "they" "allowing" anything "into the Bible."

Contrary to popular belief, the final canon was never actually decided upon by any single group of people at any one time in any one place. The final New Testament canon was actually developed through a general consensus among Christians and Church leaders from many and varied places and traditions over a period of several centuries. It was based on what these many different groups and leaders considered to be useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training.

There were a couple of so-called "church councils" that gave a seal of approval to this cannon (ie, Trent, Westminster, etc.), but in reality they didn't "allow" or "dis-allow" anything. They pretty much just gave a nod to what Churches and Church leadership had come to accept during the intervening 1500-plus years between the resurrection of Jesus and those aforementioned councils.

The Gospel of Mary and many other writings were not accepted as canon because they were, at that time as now, recognized as being from a tradition entirely different and distinct from Christianity, ie Gnosticism.

Gnosticism is, in essence, a syncretistic religious system that accommodates itself to any existing systems or views, usurping the core of that system and replacing it with its own cores of beliefs, views and practices.

That is why these books have never been accepted as cannon.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

The Bible shows that God promises you the kingdom of heaven through His son, Jesus Christ. If you consider that God and Jesus refer to you being with them, and they are in heaven, it follows......

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I disagree that all will go to hell except Christians. Many Christians may be going to hell, too.

Just kidding. I doubt if anyone but Satan himself will go to hell on a permanent basis. King David, essentially a murderer in the case of Uriah, said "Thou shalt not leave my soul in hell...". Jesus said He was going to the cross for all men. "The son of man must be lifted up, that I may draw all men unto me." The good shepherd left his 99 sheep to save the one that was lost. The parable of the debtors showing the forgiveness of God indicates that those who are the worst here will love Him the most there, because they are also forgiven. I wouldn't be so quick to judge everyone, I'd wait to see what God does with it. Christians will not be judged, they will have the Oscars --- that form of judgement. See, for example, Romans 8:1.

The teaching that everyone is going to hell except the Christians is wrong wrong wrong. There is no indication that is true anywhere in the Bible. The fulfillment of the law was in Jesus. You are accepted of Him just as you are, the "justification" spoken of in the Bible --- like in the song "Just as I am, without one plea.." "There is none righteous, no, not one." Isaiah. When you start that kind of determination, you forget the love of God. It is easily proven throughout the New Testament that God loves us and gave himself for us, and that Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. The Good News (aka gospel) is that you and I are saved. If you don't figure it out here, you will figure it out there...see II Peter where Jesus goes to preach to the spirits in prison that were drowned in the great flood. What's the point of preaching to them, if they aren't saved? Just an "I told you so!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join