It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any Christians believe in life after death, ghosts or reincarnation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Wasn't there just some kind of study done that even says that Christians are genetically predisposed to be Christian? I think I read that somewhere. You are no doubt on the right track with the "EARS".

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by Jakes51

There's a researcher by the name of Michael Tsarion, that has a lot of free videos on Youtube. He's no Christian, but his work is well documented from all different sources. He sites just about everything available. It is very interesting stuff, and he talks about the very struggle you've mentioned.

Thanks for mentioning Michael Tsarion and I'll give him a gander. I am always open to looking at other angles of spirituality. As matter of fact, I used have these same discussions with my grandmother years ago and she had a hard-lined Catholic leaning. We used to discuss things like this well into the morning. She was always open to discussing these things with me albeit through her structured belief system. I have to say this site amazes me everyday.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You've GOT IT!!! It is amazing how the DNA fits when applying it to the bible. It turns unclear metaphors into what can be read as clear meanings.

However, like in the Gospel of Matthew, a person who might have this "god gene" might have a problem. In that book it is stated at the point when the "Son of Man" comes again, ALL the people will hate you..........eeeeuuuhhhh.......................Now I've stated I'm no Christian, but you guys are... That is very good, but I must ask you guys specifically. How would you feel should the guy down the street awaken into something similar to an Angel? Would you be jeolous as the book of Matthew describes?

I cannot say for myself. We are there yet, and according to the bible a person's decisions can make whether they're allowed entrance, or not......I'm guessing entrance to heaven on earth............................

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by heyo

You've GOT IT!!! It is amazing how the DNA fits when applying it to the bible. It turns unclear metaphors into what can be read as clear meanings.

However, like in the Gospel of Matthew, a person who might have this "god gene" might have a problem. In that book it is stated at the point when the "Son of Man" comes again, ALL the people will hate you..........eeeeuuuhhhh.......................Now I've stated I'm no Christian, but you guys are... That is very good, but I must ask you guys specifically. How would you feel should the guy down the street awaken into something similar to an Angel? Would you be jeolous as the book of Matthew describes?

I cannot say for myself. We are there yet, and according to the bible a person's decisions can make whether they're allowed entrance, or not......I'm guessing entrance to heaven on earth............................

In my opinion I wouldn't be jealous at all. If and in the event that happens that is God's plan and who am I to judge.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have to get to bed, it's almost 4 AM here. You guys made my night! Thanks for all of the help putting this DNA - Christian - reincarnation - genetic imprint stuff together. Please let me know if you find anything else that fits. I'm going to read the gospels of Mary in the morning and see if I can find anything else there and I'll be back to let you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

reply to post by heyo

In my opinion I wouldn't be jealous at all. If and in the event that happens that is God's plan and who am I to judge.

However, I think the angels are among us right now and have always been around. They act through the good work of others. They are among us. In most cases we cant see them but one day the wool will be pulled from over our eyes and we will be able to see. Quite possible, it could be the DNA re-activation as you guys have speculated about.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
And isn't it rather convenient how often crops are used for metaphors in the Bible? I understand that the ancient Jews were an agrarian culture, but you have to admit that when combining the DNA theories with those metaphors it sheds a whole new light on things.

At this point, it almost seems as if the entire Earth is a pre-1900 Australia.

To put it simply, a penal colony. A place for us to struggle and to emerge stronger... and even, perhaps, regain our link with God?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I honestly never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually not looking forward to leaving work, you all have truly made my night! But it's about time for me to go home and rest my head.

Keep the faith! Or keep searching! I know I will. And I'll see you all here tomorrow, hopefully.

God bless and peace out.

GbD

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

LOL!! Rolling back the clock of time; it does take back history. I just started reading a book called "Isis unveiled". It is by Helena Blavatsky. It is free online, and very very long.
'
It is used as a reference for an unbelievable amount of Christian/Spiritual writers.

What I find so amazing is that the book reads like modern day discussions. It has a so so similar line to what we are talking about. It sites how there is a great deal of MIS INFORMATION in today's day and age..

I'd really recommend checking it out. If for nothing else, then just the parallels of what we see today........it was written over 100 years ago

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yep,

Goodnight as well, and thankyou sundancer for this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just found this according the wikipedia's post regarding the human genome it states as follows. "Aside from genes and known regulatory sequences, the human genome contains vast regions of DNA the function of which, if any, remains unknown." en.wikipedia.org...

So quite possibly this portion of our DNA is what you guys are referring to and is one of the last undiscovered frontiers left on the planet. What's the function of this portion of our DNA which remains unknown to this day?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

One last post for the night! It's addicting, I tell ya!

Just off the top of my head...

-Could be a collective "hive mind", linking us all together and making the different languages unneccessary?

-Possibly the key to opening another dimension of sight/sound/that sort of thing?

-Our communicational link with God?

-The unedited history of our race?

Now I'm done.

GbD

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Goodnight Guilty and Sundancer. Guilty, have a safe ride home and God Bless you too. See you tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ok I am responding to the title.

I am filled with whiskey

ok

um

from my experience

i've been a christian for 25 years

I've known and still know a few christian friends

Yes, they do believe in life after death: it's either heaven or hell

I believe in ghosts: YES

Christians: NO (though as a Christian myself I did)

And no christians do not believe in reincarnation - myself as a Christian I did but most don't even though verses do say it

sorry im drunk

well, you can ask me because i was a Christrian for 25 years

I will tell you one thing

They have interpreed the biblre wrong

tht's it

I have had Christian friends tell me that ghosts don't exist

and yet there is evidence for it

ok im out

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that when I die, there will be another life waiting for me. This firm belief brings me comfort. I have no fear of death because I know it's not the end, it's a beginning.

And if I'm wrong? Who cares. I'm dead.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There is a huge difference from being reincarnated, than resurrected.

Christians don’t believe in reincarnation, when the body dies we get a new body and spirit. The Holy Spirit.

As living people we can never be sinless, until after death, then We are transformed to be clean in the eyes of God.

Hell is a lot more than just being in the Grave.

To study the Bible is called Theology. Many misrepresent what the meanings are. For those who get a doctorate Degree, others simply have bible studies.

Not all Christians will go to Heaven though.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That's actually funny you are drunk, or when when you replied.

I have a couple cold ones now and then and talk politics and Religion. Sometimes it doesnt turn out right but you did a great job.

Our sinning natures, and God still loves us Cool Huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Many christians do believe in reincarnation. Take the elijah reincarnation that is talked about. Some believe John was "the spirit of elijah", no?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The Spirit of Elijah is more of saying a person at that current age in the spirit of Elijah the Prophet. So John was in the spirit of Elijah.

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:"

There is an end-time Elijah. He must be here now.

Matthew 11:14 "And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come."

So he's saying that the individual at the specific time will be an embodiment of Elijah the Prophet, but not necessarily Elijah himself.

Reincarnation is a teaching of other religions that worship idols. Buddha also walked on water when he gave his sermons and did many other things SIMILAR to Yeshua. The Anti-Christ (persona) therefore is connected to Buddha. That's one riddle solved.

Oh and to clarify what we know about death.

"Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

Isaiah 8:19

"And when they shall say to you, Seek to them that have familiar spirits, and to wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek to their God? for the living to the dead?"

Leviticus 19:31 "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God."

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by heyo

But like I said, I don't understand why someone would pray for someone NOT to die when there's a beautiful place waiting for them with God

If I remember correctly... it was wrong to pray for someone TO die. A person was supposed to ask for Gods will to be done in those situations.

Back to topic

When I was walking that path, I did believe in life after death. Now that i have read more books than just the bible and have been shown some of the actual translations of particular words ... I still believe in an afterlife.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join