It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any Christians believe in life after death, ghosts or reincarnation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

OK, this is a bit creepy, but the genetic imprint theory you mentioned has been on my mind all day.

One of my own personal beliefs is that some memories are so powerful, and feelings so strong, that they somehow imprent themselves into our DNA and are passed on.

I'm sure this has already been discussed in another thread on ATS (I'm a recently joined member and haven't searched on that yet), but I had to mention it because it seemed so uncanny to see it here when, like I said, I 've had a bit of deja vu on my mind today.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

reply to post by Jakes51

In terms of reincarnation I believe in it to a certain degree. I believe we carry bits and pieces of our ancestors souls with in our selves and in that sense it kind of meets the reincarnation criteria.

Kind of like a genetic imprint? I full on believe in this and it's an important thing to keep in mind.

However, I don't believe in bad people coming back as cockroaches or belly button lint

ROTF!

you ever apply that to how jesus may have been the fulfillment of the covenant? like maybe we needed to be genetically able to be, um, able to accept things in a more spiritual and less physical way?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Just a good song, and well sorda kinda to the thread. Now if we can get the group thought of the world to concentrate on this instead of differences. Maybe a group effort at peace, and lack of judgement would create something better. Just, Maybe then we'd all know what lies beyond; have an idea about just lying in the grave, or reincarnation

Sancho that was a beautiful post and song and I'm extremely impressed with the way you three boys (Sancho-Heyo -Jakes51) worked out your differences and even found common ground. There's hope for this world yet - I do believe that.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

www.belowtopsecret.com...

maybe you can helpme make sense of what i'm trying to say here?

edit: watch the vids first. they're in another thread also if you wanna check that out but i forget which one.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by heyo]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

reply to post by Jakes51

In terms of reincarnation I believe in it to a certain degree. I believe we carry bits and pieces of our ancestors souls with in our selves and in that sense it kind of meets the reincarnation criteria.

Kind of like a genetic imprint? I full on believe in this and it's an important thing to keep in mind.

However, I don't believe in bad people coming back as cockroaches or belly button lint

ROTF!

you ever apply that to how jesus may have been the fulfillment of the covenant? like maybe we needed to be genetically able to be, um, able to accept things in a more spiritual and less physical way?

Oh I get what you are saying and to me the old covenant was the initial ice-breaker in paving the way for His Son. God's law's were laid out to the people of the book in physical form ie: the Ten Commandments. However, the Covenant was cold and rigid. Christ's arrival made God more personable to us. Call it winning over the hearts and minds of the Jews and later the pagans in Europe and elsewhere. God showed his warmness toward us through his Son. Instead of a hard-line judge as seen in the Old Testament, his Son showed us that God can be warm and sympathetic to the plight of humanity.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I read your thread from the link. Your conveying that we're several universes of evolution down the line. We possibly are more evolved in several ways? I can see that, but then again just a few hundred years ago the church, and everyone would burn us all for saying the world is NOT flat.

Now, between the Maya's, Babalonians(sp?), and other's we learn that they knew for thousands of years before that the Earth wasn't flat.

I guess that lends credence to multiple cycles of evolving, but at the same time would lend toward we in the here, and now being very repressed

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I'll watch the videos at home this afternoon, since I work at a place where almost 75% of the Internet is blocked in some way... but not ATS, surprisingly.

I must say, though, that your thoughts about a "Christian consciousness" seems remarkable similar to some of my own wonderings.

Along the same lines of memory imprints into our genetic coding. For instance, the Bible tells us of the Tower of Babel, and how all humanity spoke a common language until then. How is it, then, that sometimes we can 'almost' understand a language that is completely foreign to us, even without obvious body language signs?

Likewise, with most human using only 10% or so of our given brain capacity, what is the remaining gray matter up to? Telepathic connections with each other? With something else?

Man, now I'm getting a bit excited. Nice to know someone else out there is thinking in a similar fashion. Here here Heyo!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

It's like having a German Shepard that is from birth terrified of gun shots (used for war), or birds migrating solo for the first time and knowing exactly where to go to meet up with the other birds. It's hard to discuss reincarnation or faith without asking ones self how much of a role genetic imprint may play.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I posted the 'below' earlier in the thread. You just mentioned kinda where I was going with what I wrote. The bible is clear about being in some regards "tribe" specific. I don't think that tribe is the modern day Israeli....arab/christian/jew..etc. I think they are scattered amongst us. I do have to wonder if via a Sound From A Trumphet, they might indeed wake.

Regarding the bible, it does only reflect ONE group of people. That would be the Israelites. To be clear I'm not a racist, but I do not think the current Jews sitting in Palestine are Israelites. In fact, I'd think that if looking in that area for them, then I'd have to point the finger at the Palestinians who've been there for thousands of years.

I wouldn't know what an Israelite would look like in person, but I'm thinking the "PTB"(powers that be) do know how to find them. I don't know where sun dancer is going with her DNA 'angle', but I think it is the right direction. Anyone notice the mass unusual undertaking of DNA gathering on the planet? The taking of DNA is massive at this point in time.

Now, what if through let's say the Israelite strain of DNA it allows certain souls to enter this dimension? If that was the case, then that would explain the DNA gathering, and profiling.

Everyone reading this thread obviously "believes". If you believe, then it shouldn't be to hard to see the evil in this world. It shouldn't be to hard to look around at the stacked NWO deck of cards.

With the DNA records they can track the possibility of the 144,000 virgins/souls(I don't think it is a sexually pure....reference of the word).

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

It's like having a German Shepard that is from birth terrified of gun shots (used for war), or birds migrating solo for the first time and knowing exactly where to go to meet up with the other birds. It's hard to discuss reincarnation or faith without asking ones self how much of a role genetic imprint may play.

I feel a tad silly saying this, but here goes..

Until now, I have never looked at humans this way.

My wife and I have three dogs, two pomeranians and a borzoi. Both breeds were bred for specific reasons and behave as such.

I'm shocked that until now I've never tried to correlate that to us as a species.

Many thanks for opening my eyes on that one. Now I have some heavy stuff to really sink my teeth into.

Just wow.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

yes that's a part of it...like..hmmm...we needed the physical in order to attain the spiritual. like physically worshipping God for generations opened the doors for our dna to be able to worship him with spirit alone.
This is something the ptb are trying to suppress in our food,water,hobbies, and lifestyle in general.
I'm more into discussing it than saying it is so, btw.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

reply to post by Jakes51

ROTF!

Oh I get what you are saying and to me the old covenant was the initial ice-breaker in paving the way for His Son. God's law's were laid out to the people of the book in physical form ie: the Ten Commandments. However, the Covenant was cold and rigid. Christ's arrival made God more personable to us. Call it winning over the hearts and minds of the Jews and later the pagans in Europe and elsewhere. God showed his warmness toward us through his Son. Instead of a hard-line judge as seen in the Old Testament, his Son showed us that God can be warm and sympathetic to the plight of humanity.

Or rather, God IS humanity.
God realization was always there for me, however it took me quite some time to understand the Savior. It was like I slept through that whole part hehe, and I'm only now recovering fragments of my memory. As a teenager I was aggressive, war-like, and respected no authority but my own and God's, when my eyes were opened I was sickened to realize I was behaving just like the morning star. How could I be so cold? I asked. Only then did I realize that it was the blood of God that changed the thoughts of my heart, and could finally come to know the Christ. As John said "Bare fruit that befits repentance" and your eyes will immediately be opened. It will be sweet in your mouth, but bitter in your stomach, hey no one said it would be easy.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

I posted the 'below' earlier in the thread. You just mentioned kinda where I was going with what I wrote. The bible is clear about being in some regards "tribe" specific. I don't think that tribe is the modern day Israeli....arab/christian/jew..etc. I think they are scattered amongst us. I do have to wonder if via a Sound From A Trumphet, they might indeed wake.

Regarding the bible, it does only reflect ONE group of people. That would be the Israelites. To be clear I'm not a racist, but I do not think the current Jews sitting in Palestine are Israelites. In fact, I'd think that if looking in that area for them, then I'd have to point the finger at the Palestinians who've been there for thousands of years.

I wouldn't know what an Israelite would look like in person, but I'm thinking the "PTB"(powers that be) do know how to find them. I don't know where sun dancer is going with her DNA 'angle', but I think it is the right direction. Anyone notice the mass unusual undertaking of DNA gathering on the planet? The taking of DNA is massive at this point in time.

Now, what if through let's say the Israelite strain of DNA it allows certain souls to enter this dimension? If that was the case, then that would explain the DNA gathering, and profiling.

Everyone reading this thread obviously "believes". If you believe, then it shouldn't be to hard to see the evil in this world. It shouldn't be to hard to look around at the stacked NWO deck of cards.

With the DNA records they can track the possibility of the 144,000 virgins/souls(I don't think it is a sexually pure....reference of the word).

totally...then you take into account the um, alien factor, and how they're always trying to get that dna, and how some say they've mated with aliens and stuff.
could they be after this metaphorical "isreal" gene?
was being cast out of heaven a metaphor for having this gene taken from them? or did the required gene change altogether, and since we were implanted with the originally required gene at creation, needed time to relearn the new gene needed to get into heaven, hence evolution of dna?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Do demons exist....another reptilian shapeshifter.

All beliefs recognize good, and evil. The Christian faith among many recognize the existence of Demons. I have listened/watched/read a lot that David Icke puts out there. At first I thought reptoids??? The guy is nuts, but then again why wouldn't they be considered the DNA lineage of Demons?

I don't think it is too far of a leap.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Because a true christian loves and shows compassion to all living things, and does not single any individual or groups of people as devil seeds. Matter of fact, these people who show so much hate and violence are showing traits of the devil himself, and then proceed to go to church and call themselves 'good'. What a crock, also they judge people from afar and damn them to hell without ever knowing that person, sickening, just sickening. Truth is, a false church began right from the beginning and they preach a false doctrine about God and the Christ. It's quite sad, a lot of people kissing ass to go to heaven are in fact digging their own grave, and their fears will create a sort of 'self-hell'.
reply to post by Centurionx

Exactly how I believe a "true Christian" would feel however, I see so few Christians with this attitude. Unfortunately I see more of the "good Christian" types. I see more of the type you speak of on ATS than anywhere else. More open minded and less judgmental maybe?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

yes that's a part of it...like..hmmm...we needed the physical in order to attain the spiritual. like physically worshipping God for generations opened the doors for our dna to be able to worship him with spirit alone.
This is something the ptb are trying to suppress in our food,water,hobbies, and lifestyle in general.
I'm more into discussing it than saying it is so, btw.

Your right we needed to have the physical in order to worship spiritually. It worked for us the gentiles, however, it hasn't yet manifested itself in the Jews. Christ really turned Judaism upside down and I'm sure it was a tough thing to take for Jews of his day. However the foundation was laid out for his arrival in the Old Testament.

The Jews where expecting a warrior king to decimate the Roman occupiers but he was something more. He wanted to bring the word to all not just the Jews and that's how He defeated the Romans and their pagan ways over time. He brought Rome to the God of Israel, therefore, they and their ways were defeated through fellowship with the gentiles.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
And now, with this genetic bend we've given this thread...

The Bible says 2/3 of the angels in Heaven were cast to the Earth, along with Satan.

Let's get really out there for a moment... like WAY out there...

Possibility that we are the progeny of those 2/3 who were cast from the heavens (read: Space) and until we can reactivate our genetic link with the other 1/3... we're stuck here?

Just some food for thought. It's almost 4 AM here and I've been at work for the last 11 hours

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

You know, by your definition, there might not even be 144000 out there. forgive me for getting wildly speculative i haven't been able to communicate these ideas much to people.

3am here!!! this thread is why this site is so addicting

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
And now, with this genetic bend we've given this thread...

The Bible says 2/3 of the angels in Heaven were cast to the Earth, along with Satan.

Let's get really out there for a moment... like WAY out there...

Possibility that we are the progeny of those 2/3 who were cast from the heavens (read: Space) and until we can reactivate our genetic link with the other 1/3... we're stuck here?

Just some food for thought. It's almost 4 AM here and I've been at work for the last 11 hours

I think you are referring to the Nephillim the angel like beings that inhabited earth long ago? If that's the case, my knowledge is limited, but if memory served they mated with some the women on earth? In that respect some carry their lineage genetically.

It's 3 a.m. hearing and another pot of coffee is brewing and everyone thanks for the rich discussion.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

i see where you're coming from there. in genesis, wasn't god talkinga bout how he wasn't going to pull the entire crop due to the weeds, because there were still good flowers, or wheat, or whatever left, and to pull those would be unfair? it's in genesis....totally not into looking it up right now...maybe when cain did what he did he opened up a genetic entry for the 2/3? is that maybe an effect of sin? a biological foothold within future genetic mutations over generations?

head explodes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join