It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graduating students defy ACLU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
this has NOTHING to do with RELIGION

This is about
1) What you CAN say

and

2) What you CANNOT say

Soon this will be used to silence ANYONE who disagrees with ANYTHING.

Including ATS itself.

Go on keep trying to kill freedom
Because when your(anti freedom activists) freedoms disappear im going to laugh so hard

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

That's pretty unfair. Just because you cannot see something doesn't mean it exists. You proclaim that if it had been muslims we'd be hummin' and hawin', but that's just a sweetened up supposition that in reality is entirely personal conjecture. It is their time as much as it is yours, and if you don't like it, you can choose to forget about it or ignore it an any time.

Or does it REALLY get to you for some reason???

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
...this is just another world nut daily bs stunt... it never happened... it couldnt happen... the aclu does not have the power to enforce jack diddly squat... the aclu does good things... here's their website link for anyone who would like to read something legitimate...

www.aclufl.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

That is all I can say . . .

The ACLU does good things . . .

[edit on 7/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

The ACLU would become involved by responding to at least one complaint made by someone connected with the school, probably a student or a parent. They don't proactively go out picking on the public to create a stir, that is not how law works and with the backlog of requests most chapters have they wouldn't have the time anyway.

The ACLU does some stupid things but if it was not for them, a lot more of your liberties would be gone with the wind. For every murderer or illegal alien they defend, there are thousands of legitimate cases they win that uphold constitutional law and prevent dangerous precedents that could affect case law.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

The ACLU does some stupid things but if it was not for them, a lot more of your liberties would be gone with the wind. For every murderer or illegal alien they defend, there are thousands of legitimate cases they win that uphold constitutional law and prevent dangerous precedents that could affect case law.

I agree and I do think the ACLU is usually in the right. However I wish they wouldn't attack religious expression so often. I'm not a Christian, but it detracts from the ACLU's image when they try to limit everyone's freedom to comply with a few complainers. They should be campaigning for individual liberty, not censorship.

I understand some people are offended by religion. I also understand that people have varying views of separation of church and state. The true reason we have that separation is not to prevent people from practicing their religious views in public. It is there to prevent matters of religion from interfering with matters of state such as education. A teacher who teaches Christianity in an inappropriate class, for example, is a legitimate abuse of separation of church and state. A student or administrator issuing a small prayer or giving thanks to their particular god is not. And that would of course go for all religions and beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join