It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would seeing a UFO change your life for the better?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Id like to think so.
I do have a very faint memory of seeing some objects flying in the sky

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Don't be sorry about posting such a 'simple' question; it's not simple at all.

Yes, seeing a UFO and knowing/believing that it is not from this world would PROFOUNDLY change me. I already strongly believe in extraterrestrial intelligence and earthly visitation on a regular basis, but actually seeing what I would consider concrete personal proof (what I would also consider akin to shaking-hands with Bigfoot) would change my life considerably.

I can honestly say that the very last shred of confidence (which I'm currently down to) in our government as well as all religious basis' would be obliterated. At that point, I will have 110% proof that I (we) have been lied to and mislead over the years; I will know exactly how true witnesses of the same phenom over the years have themselves felt. In turn, I will feel a renewed sense of self-confidence in my own reasoning abilities, especially versus those of the 'chosen ones' that are supposed to be in a position to lead and/or guide us all.

In short, I will know, and rightly feel, that I have been right all of these years.

How do they put it in those commercials.... Seeing one for yourself?

Priceless.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have seen a UFO, I was at work in a smoking area and about 10 other people simultaneously saw it with me. I know they exist now.

But, this was right near an Air Force base so either 1) USA has UFOs that can be piloted with no ill effects to the pilot despite horrible turns and g-force and whatnot, which may be alright with me depending on what they are for or 2) the Air Force is powerless to stop a UFO flying right near it.

If it's 2 then [SNIP] aliens and I hate them lol

So let's all hope that UFOs are government secret operations designed for surveillance, reconaissance, or something like that.

Profanity removed.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 7/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think that seeing something that I could not recognise as human-made or natural would change my life, neither for better or worse.

I also don't think that seeing some real aliens up close would change my life (unless they would changed it
), but as that is something that is not close to anything that has happened to me before, I cannot be sure of what my reactions (both short and long term) would be.

I have to wait for it to happen, then I will let you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I've been reluctant to post my sightings here or anywhere else, due to the way witnesses are treated by the "debunkers" and trolls. If one is used to being honest and therefore usually taken at their word, it does not bring any satisfaction to bring up events that most would not believe anyway (without non-digital photos, physical artifacts, and alien bodies).

But I will say that for me, the first sighting with multiple witnesses almost brought me to my knees from fear (my knees actually buckled), and changed my outlook forever. It made the world more complicated for me, and I feel that "good things" do not remain so elusive and hidden to the majority of people as the UFOs do. So I suspect that I would have been happier never having had any sightings at all. Being a skeptic sounds fun!

I think the "paradigm shift" that has happened to some witnesses is a function of:
1) Size of object (or proximity)
2) Nature of sighting i.e. what was it doing?
3) Possible extrasensory communication of some sort from the UFO or its occupants.
The presence of other witnesses tends to make it remain in your . as you have reinforcement that it really happened.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I love the question -

it's been asked before around here, but the threads never seem to go where they should - because it really doesn't have to be about believing in UFOs at all

even if you're a hardcore skeptic - it's still an interesting question - a basic question about personal belief - and how adaptable our minds are - or aren't

If you saw a UFO one day (and just knew it wasn't fromt this planet), would it literally change your perception of things? Would your paradigm shift, of would you just say to yourself, "Oh cool, a UFO" and just prod on?

I have seen one - and it was a beaut

so - right after that - the only thing I'm left with is the fact that I saw something unbelievable

you know what that get's you? :-)

I can't say for certain where it's from - here/there/us/them - I have no clue

all I know is - it changed how I think about things in a very real way - since I can't know what it was for sure, I'm now forced to contemplate everything - and consider that anything is possible

before I saw it I had the luxury of self indulgence, the ability to use my imagination - the choice and personal freedom that comes with belief

now I got a lifetime of crazy-making from just one sighting

:-)

until disclosure of course - then I can relax a little

I have to say - I think about it every single day - and that was almost 9 years ago now

I'll also say - if it was ours - we have some very fancy toys zipping around out there - I wonder why they won't tell us a little more about them...

I'll start first. I've never seen one. With my wishful thinking, you would think that I would have hallucinated one by now, but nope.

be careful what you wish for

:-)

but I'll tell you one thing - even with the built in nuttiness factor - it's one thing to imagine how extraodinary extraordinary can possibly be

it's another thing to know for sure

so - I hope you get your wish

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have seen things many times and each time different, have witness something then seen 2 jet planes following something, the most amazing expereince was a couple of weeks ago in Wiltshire opposite STone henge a golden ball spiraling and doing all sorts of other things that made my jaw drop I was amazed and can still see the image now clearly although my camera was in my bag I did not manage to take it out and take a picture it didnt even enter my mind as i was in complete awe of what i saw that day..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
that was 6am in the morning by the way

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Sorry to make a topic about a simple question, but I really want to know what everyone elses answers would be.

Lets say you are the typical working person: Kids, spouse, job, problems - the whole nine.

If you saw a UFO one day (and just knew it wasn't fromt this planet), would it literally change your perception of things? Would your paradigm shift, of would you just say to yourself, "Oh cool, a UFO" and just prod on?

I'll start first.

I've never seen one. With my wishful thinking, you would think that I would have hallucinated one by now, but nope.

So before I give my direct answer, I just want to say that I believe 99.9% that ET's have been visiting us for thousands of years. The only reason why I believe 99.9% is because I haven't visually seen a UFO.
But check it out: Actually seeing one would be that .1%, and it would do it for me. I think it would kind of set me free in a way. Just knowing 100% would touch my heart until the day that I die.

So MY answer is that it would probably put tears in my eyes. Tears of friggin joy. If I wanted just one thing for every Christmas combined, it would be so see a UFO. Just one. I'll take it and run with it.

That's just me. Anyone else?

hell no, it won't change your life for the better. I've seen one myself.

first off, you have to be careful about who you tell about it, or people will assume you're missing a screw or two.

second off, when the intense interest in the subject actually seeing a UFO beyond a shadow of a doubt generates takes a hold of you, you have to sift through lunatics and conspiracy theorists to get at any real information.

third off, it can be downright scary, god forbid you get abducted (thankfully that didn't happen to me.)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I was with a bunch of people on a hike the last time I saw one, and that was so close we could practically touch the bottom of it with a stick, and none of us felt scared, or nervouse, or great love, or excitement or anything really.....it was just like watching a floating upside bus basically.......that was gold and had no windows.....

I guess my life changed in that I get more and more p!$$#D off at hoaxes????

You touched something that was alive! I'm confident, read up and research some theories on ufos being living animals adapted to the earth's atmosphere. diatoms, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I was with a bunch of people on a hike the last time I saw one, and that was so close we could practically touch the bottom of it with a stick, and none of us felt scared, or nervouse, or great love, or excitement or anything really.....it was just like watching a floating upside bus basically.......that was gold and had no windows.....

I guess my life changed in that I get more and more p!$$#D off at hoaxes????

You touched something that was alive! I'm confident, read up and research some theories on ufos being living animals adapted to the earth's atmosphere. diatoms, etc.

it may have been biomechanical, but thats very interesting

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

I've been reluctant to post my sightings here or anywhere else, due to the way witnesses are treated by the "debunkers" and trolls. If one is used to being honest and therefore usually taken at their word, it does not bring any satisfaction to bring up events that most would not believe anyway (without non-digital photos, physical artifacts, and alien bodies).

But I will say that for me, the first sighting with multiple witnesses almost brought me to my knees from fear (my knees actually buckled), and changed my outlook forever. It made the world more complicated for me, and I feel that "good things" do not remain so elusive and hidden to the majority of people as the UFOs do. So I suspect that I would have been happier never having had any sightings at all. Being a skeptic sounds fun!

I think the "paradigm shift" that has happened to some witnesses is a function of:
1) Size of object (or proximity)
2) Nature of sighting i.e. what was it doing?
3) Possible extrasensory communication of some sort from the UFO or its occupants.
The presence of other witnesses tends to make it remain in your . as you have reinforcement that it really happened.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by 1SawSomeThings]

can you and other people who have had encounters of the first kid please describe your experiences,you were either abductedo r the ufo came very close to you, or folowed you, correct? or communicated/controlled you somehoiw?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join