It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would seeing a UFO change your life for the better?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry to make a topic about a simple question, but I really want to know what everyone elses answers would be.

Lets say you are the typical working person: Kids, spouse, job, problems - the whole nine.

If you saw a UFO one day (and just knew it wasn't fromt this planet), would it literally change your perception of things? Would your paradigm shift, of would you just say to yourself, "Oh cool, a UFO" and just prod on?

I'll start first.

I've never seen one. With my wishful thinking, you would think that I would have hallucinated one by now, but nope.

So before I give my direct answer, I just want to say that I believe 99.9% that ET's have been visiting us for thousands of years. The only reason why I believe 99.9% is because I haven't visually seen a UFO.
But check it out: Actually seeing one would be that .1%, and it would do it for me. I think it would kind of set me free in a way. Just knowing 100% would touch my heart until the day that I die.

So MY answer is that it would probably put tears in my eyes. Tears of friggin joy. If I wanted just one thing for every Christmas combined, it would be so see a UFO. Just one. I'll take it and run with it.

That's just me. Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have seen one. And yes it has changed the way I look at life. I now do alot of online research and books and Dvd's. Pisses the wife off. But what the hell I need something to do. Problem with seeing a UFO is I want to see more. I'm always looking up. I travel overseas every month and I always get a window seat. And I always take my camera with me too. To see a UFO and to see it getting chased by a fighter jet is the most awesome experience of my life!!

Keep looking mate!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It didn't change my life any more than seeing a seagull would....just didn't seem unnatural or extraordinary at all.....

Now to see people stop LYING about all these things....THAT would bring a tear of joy to my eyes.....no more lying.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Ahh dude, I've heard about jets and helicopters trying to chase these things, and it cracks me up! That would just reinforce the notion that the UFO would be something significant - if you get my drift.

It also cracks me up when I hear that because it reminds me of a dog chasing an intruder out of it's space, which of course, is exactly what's going on. It's just the analogy that gets me!

Thanks for the post, man. Awesome to you that you saw one!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
It didn't change my life any more than seeing a seagull would....just didn't seem unnatural or extraordinary at all.....

Now to see people stop LYING about all these things....THAT would bring a tear of joy to my eyes.....no more lying.

I hear that. These hoaxes are ridiculous. That's why I want my own personal experience, because videos just don't do it for me. The only one that does SOMETHING for me is the NASA STS-75 tether incident. That was awesome, and I don't think it was space-junk.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Would seeing a UFO change your life for the better?

Depends on how close it was.

I'm obviously interested or else I wouldn't be here, but I wouldn't want to get too close.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It would change my view, but I don't know if it would change my life. The fact is that I've seen things I cannot explain but I don't think they were alien craft. They were unidentified yes, but perhaps they were not flying, or were not objects. I know of a few people who have seen them and swear they are not fibbing and that's fine. However, they know that just saying it isn't good enough for the people who haven't seen them. I mean people see a lot of things, it doesn't make it true. It's complicated, but without a general consensus on the topic we will always have opposing sides. I mean, Kansas doesn't teach evolution in schools. I think we have a long way to go.

I think ascribing good or bad the the experience is not needed.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
STS-75 Tether incident was awesome. There's no way in hell space junk could be 2 - 3 miles in diameter and be exxactly the same shape as each other!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've had more than one UFO sighting and my life has been forever changed. I don't demand proof of the ET existence, I know it.

Seeing them in real life is so much more powerful and emotional than watching a video. It's like seeing a famous movie star in a film, then seeing them in real life. It's a completely different experience.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I was with a bunch of people on a hike the last time I saw one, and that was so close we could practically touch the bottom of it with a stick, and none of us felt scared, or nervouse, or great love, or excitement or anything really.....it was just like watching a floating upside bus basically.......that was gold and had no windows.....

I guess my life changed in that I get more and more p!$$#D off at hoaxes????

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I was with a bunch of people on a hike the last time I saw one, and that was so close we could practically touch the bottom of it with a stick, and none of us felt scared, or nervouse, or great love, or excitement or anything really.....it was just like watching a floating upside bus basically.......that was gold and had no windows.....

I guess my life changed in that I get more and more p!$$#D off at hoaxes????

I would of tried hugging it!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I have two experience with UFO's. The first was quite terrifying to me. I was not quite a teenager and I was sleeping behind our house next to the fishing/swimming pond. I was just about to sleep when I heard my dog grunt as she stood up and ran behind some bushes and at the same time all the night critters went silent. I sat up wondering what the......? And then I saw it, some sort of dark object, very close, silently coasting over the pond. Suddenly a spot light came on and I jumped out of my sleeping bag and dragged it with me as I scurried into the cover of a hedge of honeysuckle bushes. This light shined all about the pond and it's edges for a couple of very scary minutes. And then the light turned off and the object quicky flew away, silently. Very strange. I went inside to get the rest of my nights sleep. Of course my family didn't believe me and said I must have been dreaming.

Then last year I saw an object in the sky, this time it was a pulsating light that was moving erractically and quickly about in a small are of the night sky. It moved closer to me and I got a bit anxious and it backed off. This sighting did actually bring tears to my eyes. I think they were of joy and also because I just knew that this object, or something or someone perhaps operating it was able to sense my anxiety and backed off from me.

I don't know if my life is better off for these events occruring to me or not.
But these certainly have been a welcomed addition to my life experiences.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have seen one, 2 Black Triangles in the night sky, really quite close and yet you couldnt see anything but the lights on the corners when i was like 9 in ithaca, ny at a family friends house, they were jews and we were invited over for passover and there was this commotion outside and most everyone ran out of the house to have a look and yeah, 2 of em, no higher than the clouds, massive, just hovering over us... i cant say it changed me that i know for sure since i was so little but seeing as how im so interested in such things now, its very possible that its greatly influenced me. I for one most certainly believe in UFO's cause ive seen em. its nuts...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If they landed and made contact with me, I would ask them to get me off of this rock filled with corruption and idiots.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've thought about this very thing quite often and the best way to sum up how I would react would likely be something to what Art Bell experienced. Just plain old satisfaction. Take that you morons who try to hide this stuff from us.

Art spent a career talking about UFOs and played a critical role in bringing the subject to millions, but when he actually had his own sighting I remember him saying that for all his efforts, it was that one night that will stay with him forever.

I am convinced that I would keep my experience to myself, not because I was afraid of ridicule, just that I would have the answer to my question answered, and that would be enough. Smug, maybe. With a little grin and nod when the subject came up, but that's all.

Something that bothers me when I read responses to threads like this is there seem to be quite a few out there who have had more than one sighting. Quit being so selfish and spread the "love" around a little.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have never seen a ufo and dont ever want to see one, im a so-called abductee if i seen a ufo i would keep my head down and walk the other way.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Hah. Okay, I will officially contact a UFO operator tonight and let it know that my next scheduled sighting is reserved for you.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've had three UFO sightings. Once as a young lad with my parents, twice here on the islands with m'Bride. Each one changed my perspective somewhat, and the degree to which I HOPE.

I don't know what they were. Each one impressed me as something non-conventional -- fast, eratic, none held a straight line, and one of them stopped and then resumed motion.

I live in a place that has perfect "seeing" -- the air is clear, the place is small, no industry, and less than 1000 automobiles. Every night, with few exceptions, the two of us are outside for at least 1/2 hour, looking up.

We continue to watch, and hope. I hope we aren't just interesting bugs to them, to be done with as they see fit. Several members here assure me that that isn't the case. I wish I could feel it on my own.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Excellent! Greatly appreciated. Your kindness will not go unnoticed and I will break my own protocol and let you (and only you) know about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've seen one, several actually, it doesn't really change your mind, because you never actually know for sure what it is. Seeing a triangle ufo certainly was a shock though, that one I knew had to be the tr3b.

So i guess... no not really. In the end you always question yourself, because everyone else does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join