It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea pledges to retaliate against South Korea for joining PSI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

SEOUL, June 6 (Yonhap) -- North Korea pledged anew Saturday to retaliate against South Korea for joining a U.S.-led anti-proliferation drive, saying it would trigger a war on the Korean Peninsula.

Yonhap

We will have to see for more sources.

"IF" it's true, in what way will they retaliate???

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If NK decide to go AWOL on us it will be in the form of artillery barrages.

They have 10 thousand of them pointed at Seoul. I read somewhere they could pull up about 600k casualties in the first hour alone.

Scary stuff.

But looking at history and taking a lesson from it, I see this as more arm flailing and scare tactics.

Any war they started would be a short one anyway. They don't really have anything to defend themselves with. Not against the US or even China for that matter.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/6/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

N.K. would not dare to attack China/Russia.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Weaklings. All hat no cattle.

They won't do anything. If they do, I hope China invades them.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Ohh ofcourse they wouln't. That would be suicide. But that's the thing, attacking the South would result in full on conflict with both the US and China, or China could take NK's side an show aggression towards the US.

Both situations will turn out badly for NK, which is why I assume they will continue to "test" missiles just to get a rise out of the community.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The thing that people don't seem to realize or think about is the possibility that North Korea has a major super power supporter. It may even be China. If North Korea attacks someone, some other super power has to have their backs.
China & Russia could squash North Korea, so if they attack someone, I guarantee they have one of them on their side.

Lets look at the facts, China provides lots of essential supplies (like oil) to North Korea, yet they didn't put any economic pressure on them after 9/11 or now after they set off a nuke. Even though the Chinese are age old enemies of Korea, don't you think being a Communist country that China would support the Communist Korea more than the democratic Korea? Perhaps they would choose NK over the US because of how fast our we're devaluing our currency, its a better investment. Plus they both dislike the Japanese too. The US has lost a lot of credibility over there recently, don't you think they're a little mad at us?

NK also has the support of Iran, & Syria most likely, and whose friends with them? Russians.

I don't necessarily think N.K. will attack anyone, it's just saber rattling like the BS that came from Saddam Hussein. But, if they do attack someone then you will know they have some super powers support, China or Russia.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by asmall89]

new topics

top topics

join