It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Downloaded Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
S omany people in the world having thoughts. Most of them are thoughts about daily activity, what is going on in their lives at the moment, or similiar things.

There are many inventors in the world. They spend most of their time realizing and bringing into reality thoughts they have had.

How many times have you seen a thread or article on a web-site and said tou yourself 'Hey, I thought the same exact thing'? This happens to lots of people everyday.

For example, the mag-lev trains that are in use throughout the world, many people have had an idea that transportation can be derived from magnetic levitation.

The point of this thread is to point out what I believe is a natural occurance. Is it possible that as we progress advanced ideas are hard wired into our psyche, waiting for the individual or group to develop the new technology?

As time passes and our base of general knowledge grows does it get passed on, collectively or individually to the next generation?

It seems so wierd that when a new technology comes out that it is familiar to many people. Is this how ideas that are based on theory are brought into reality generations later by individuals or groups that had no direct connection with ideas of the ancestors?

Could this type of thinking be hardwired into our minds from birth? Could many of the pondering thoughts about technology or inventions to make life easier actually be downloaded into our brains from ancestors or collective thought in general?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

The point of this thread is to point out what I believe is a natural occurance. Is it possible that as we progress advanced ideas are hard wired into our psyche, waiting for the individual or group to develop the new technology?
No.

A few brilliant minds have made mankind what it is today through their genius ideas and thought processes while a plethora of others who obviously aren't remotely as intelligent as those few have all muttered the same "hey, I thought of xxx years before so and so implemented it" without a single bit of proof or substance behind their claims.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I think the brain could well be programmed from birth as you say.
It's quite possible that the inventions are programmed to be developed at that specific time so we progress according to the timetable.
Makes you wonder if we're all part of a massive computer design and with time and progress we will move nearer and nearer to the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Capt. Charisma

So I take it you hae never had an idea that you didn't pursue, but could imagine exactly how it could work - even though it had never been presented to you before, only to see it in reality later?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Bracewell Probes R-Us...

Originally posted by esteay812
Could this type of thinking be hardwired into our minds from birth? Could many of the pondering thoughts about technology or inventions to make life easier actually be downloaded into our brains from ancestors or collective thought in general?

Yes. If you consider the possibility that we as a species were designed to create and reproduce a star-colonizing civilization as described by Ron Bracewell and Von Neumann.

If you take on a task of invention and carry it through to the ultimate iteration, you will be suprised at what you can accomplish.

The idea that the average human is indolent and stupid was proven wrong for me when I read The Foxfire Books by Eliot Wiggington years ago. The series shows how Appalachian 'Hillbillies' made gunpowder, rifles, artworks, etc. all by hand with found materials and no edukashun, hundreds of years ago.

Part of this knowledge is instinct, part training. The Internet can accelerate the process of quality creation.

If my brain gets downloaded, I want my girlfriend's brain in one of these (with better hands):

HRP-4C.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Chakotay]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dont' think it's matter of anybody "downloading" thoughts into our mind. Most of us have lived in this place for thousands, perhaps millions of years according to my experiences.

And we are the creators of our own realities, so I come up with an idea, I vocalize it, therefore giving it the power to manifest itself. Whether I make that happen or somebody else does is just a small detail.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It is also possible that at birth you are destined certain events to happen, to open up certain things in you along your path.

Thats why the occultists use symbols to open up there mind, and then new things should be coming in.

Tesla believed that he was in contact with other beings, and its been a thing throughout history. The elites call it the light or what ever. Who knows what the light is and how it first appeared in man.

But man try to attain it and alot would goto any lengths for secret knowledge, that for some reason only a minority seem to open too.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just want to clarify a bit.

I don't mean to imply that there is any external source actively downloading thoughts or ideas into our minds. More of a instinctual downloading.

The idea is that a more instinctual process is ocurring. Like a link between mother and child, a passing of the torch so to speak, but in learned knowledge and developing knowledge.

Accumulation of knowledge passed to offspring for intelligent design by an unidentified link, or sense, could be possible.

new topics

top topics

join