It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by mental modulator
And two years ago everyone claimed Bush inherited this from Clinton -
So who did Obama inherit this from using that logic
Oh.... Wait ..... Carter... Or JFK???
... The United States invites the charge of hypocrisy when it accuses "enemy leaders" of war crimes, while it turns a blind eye to equally horrific slaughters committed by allies, sometimes guided and protected by the U.S. government.
With release of truth commission reports in several Central American countries - most recently Guatemala - there can no longer be any doubt about the historical reality.
Originally posted by grover
While I disagree with his approach to Wall street and the bank bailouts, overall I think he is doing an excellent job and at a 65% approval rating it would seem most people would agree.
Since ATS members are mostly conservatives his approval is not reflected here.
Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Again with the "weak on defense and foreign policy" excuse. If this is the only reason the rightwing has as to justify Carter as the worst president, compare to the conservative presidents who shot up debt and shaked the hands with prior dictators and controversial families such as the Bin Ladens then it shouldnt be suprising why idiots like bush got voted in, twice.
I know now there is no real concern about whether the man does the right job when it comes to conservatives, its whether he keeps away the "homos from our soldiers" and keeps "our imperialistic business in other nations".
President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious.
What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits?
* President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
* President Bush began a string of expensive financial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
* President Bush created a Medicare drug entitlement that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new government health care fund.
* President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. President Obama would double it.
* President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already increased this spending by 20 percent.
* President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
* President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Oldnslo
Since historically speaking conservatism is the losing gambit in history who is barking up the wrong tree?