It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Marine's hard fight: leukemia and a smallpox vaccine infection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

A Marine's hard fight: leukemia and a smallpox vaccine infection

www.latimes.com

a 20-year-old Marine, had been dealing with two potentially life-threatening conditions at once -- a recent onset of acute leukemia and a blooming infection from a smallpox vaccination. He was that unlucky one-in-a-million case, his doctors said, but one they hoped would end well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.hbci.com
community.pacificlegal.org
en.wikipedia.org
www.anthraxvaccine.org

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I had to submit this story for debate. Like the Marine in the article, I was subjected to the small pox vaccine, anthrax, and many others while I was in the service. This raised my concern as it did when I was in and now. I've always believed vaccines should be administered as liberally as possible, but that is not true. I remember long lines outside medical for vaccines when I was in the military. They are not usually done on a case by case sequence.

You may have reservations about getting the vaccine but If you refuse they will charge you with disobeying a direct order. As a matter of fact, right before deployment, a guy I worked with didn't want the vaccine and rather than subject himself to it; he went UA (Unauthorized Absence) a term we use in the Navy and Marine Corps for AWOL as it is called in the Army. The guy was never heard from as long as I was at the Command.

Some believe the vaccines are responsible for Gulf War syndrome found in the vets from the first Gulf War. So this article is very personal to me. So far so good because I'm not sick or have been sick, and I feel for the poor Marine and his family.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
On my end I've heard several stories similar, concerning the first Gulf war, and the anthrax vaccination program that they said was fine but stopped suddenly for "no speccified reason".
After I left Abbott labs went to work for a while at Lackland AFB where we did work with terminal cancer patients. You have no idea the rights you give up when you enlist, and the things they are allowed to do.
Not to sound melodramatic, for the most part, the things they do are in the best interest of the individual, but where the military is involved kinda bypasses the FDA guidelines and strict regulations.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
On my end I've heard several stories similar, concerning the first Gulf war, and the anthrax vaccination program that they said was fine but stopped suddenly for "no speccified reason".
After I left Abbott labs went to work for a while at Lackland AFB where we did work with terminal cancer patients. You have no idea the rights you give up when you enlist, and the things they are allowed to do.
Not to sound melodramatic, for the most part, the things they do are in the best interest of the individual, but where the military is involved kinda bypasses the FDA guidelines and strict regulations.

Thanks for your medical expertise on the subject. Sometimes accidents happen and I believe they do it for the greater good. However, I still feel sadness for the Marine in the story.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
these vaccination campaigns are not fool proof

they are no better than Experiments where the top scientists says "whats gonna happen? i dont know lets inject people and watch"

rather than for the "greater good" these programs are working for the "Greater Profit"

the bottom line is always money and power

new topics

top topics

join