It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Expected to Announce Run for U.S. Senate ... Next Week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I have heard from some very well-connected and credible sources that Peter Schiff, Congressman Ron Paul's economic advisor during his 2007-08 Presidential bid, is going to make a very big announcement *wink* next week on June 9th during his appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Full Article Here

Hopefully this is true! i think he would make a good senator seeing as he's worked alongside Ron Paul and is very intelligent when it comes to the economy.

Who knows maybe he'll be able to be on the Senate Financial Committee, haha i know that's a stretch.

Spread the news!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would support him because I believe in the free market but there is no way that he will win. Even though all the Keynesian economists have been wrong, they are what is popular at the moment and will do everything in their power to discredit him and confuse the masses.

They did this to Ron Paul, they will do this to Peter Schiff.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Man I wish I lived in Connecticut, he would have my vote right away! But I'm afraid Super Secret Squirrel is right, others will try to discredit them. I think the interesting thing about Peter Schiff is he seems like a reluctant leader, he doesn't seem to want to run too badly, but he also wants to help the country at the same time. At least that's the feeling I get from him. Hopefully the election will be a huge surprise.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Now this is interesting! Thanks for the post S&F!
I am sure he is product of Wall St but I trust him more than Geithner or Bernake!

But a Wall Street guy that knows the game???? Did he find a conscious??

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I dont live in CT but im still going to send him money. We need people like him in and we as a nation need to help him.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
He's among the few patriots left willing to take the risk. What we need to do is redefine what patriotism means. Because it seems that we often confuse Nationalism for Patriotism, and they are more certainly not the same thing.

Nationalism is shallow, a tool for the government through propaganda campaigns. It is a false ideal meant to create sheep.

Patriotism is love one's land and wish to protect it. It is men and women who fight for it under oath or not, in combat or in the court room, on the streets, or in Congress. An American patriot knows and understands the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Our history isn't perfect, but it isn't called the American Experiment for no reason. We are meant to perfect it, but not by destroying the pillars of freedom, the only supports that kept this nation great for so long. But by promoting them, and demanding that our government promote, protect, and PRACTICE these principles, and the Rights of the people HERE and abroad.

Men like Schiff know this. But few step up to the plate.

I hope he wins.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Start a campaign. Advertise through word of mouth, tell everyone you know just do something. Make him known. Let him speak his own truths on financial matter and he will be heard. Although, . . . I have little hope in the recovery of this financial system. It's either to far gone or is gonna be propped up for as long as they can (end of summer/beginning of winter)?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

i agree, it is highly unlikely for a few reasons ... some people probably don't even know who he is, and that like you said the same thing that happened to RP will happen to him.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
and now it all comes clear. It's a power grab. Good thing he has Gerald Celente to make him look a little more legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I heard him mention something about it on the Daily Show.

I hope he DESTROYS that subservient errand boy, Dodd.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wish Schiff the best of luck and hope he wins. If there's something to be dug up on the guy, you can bet they already have it.

Get ready for the whirlwind Peter and watch your back.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join