I in no way attempt to speak for America as a whole, but I will tell you personally why I dislike the direction of our country since Obama took
office. I have no personal feelings for or against him - this is politics.
1. With the amount of money spent for economic stimulous, and other countries such as Germany agree, we have NO WAY OUT if this plan doesn't
2. We have appeared weak in the face of other nations. Whether or not there were past "wrongs" is not the question. It would have, in my opinion,
been possible to aknowledge the wrongs and move forward with a new plan WITHOUT having to grovel, take a back-seat, and pass off our head "spot" in
the UN. This was the first year in DECADES that the US did not lead the UN meeting and G-20 summit.
3. I personally am not happy with the amount of holdings China has in our country. The bottom line is, they are a communist country. Although we
don't have to "force" them into a democracy, I don't think giving them all of this power and money is the right way to go.
4. The numbers he presents to the World - and to the US - don't add up. For example, when he announced the profits of Merryl Lynch and Bank of
America, among others, her announced it as profit and declared the economy healed. Unfortunately, the had to BORROW $15B from the US taxpayers in
order to achieve a $2M profit. According to my math, that still puts them in the negative.
5. He has broken many campaign promises that others in the world wouldn't know about or care about. For example, his stimulous checks. He changed
the criteria after he was elected and WAY LESS people rec'd money AND it was less than he stated while campaigning. This continues with tax hikes,
inflation we are already feeling, mortgage reform -- very FEW people qualify here for his program.
6. He is constantly projecting himself onto the world as the humble savior that will save everyone with his sweeping plans. I love to help other
countries. But I believe that our country should be healthy first. I donate to charity constantly, but I make sure my kids have food first. The
same principle should apply.
7. The closing of Gitmo. It won him immense (and deserved) applause. BUT - there is no plan. Do you know how much money it costs us taxpayers to
keep inmates in US jails? And while now he's trying to find prisons to accept MORE prisoners, he is also creating laws that will enable even more
people - on US soil - to be incarcerated. Again, this all costs money that we just don't have.
8. He labeled conservatives and returning veterans "extremists" to be watched. First, this causes a huge divide in our country and while
campaigning he relied HEAVILY on his bi-partisanship views. Second, if you have to worry about your military, the ones sacrificing their lives to
protect a country they love, then as President you are doing something wrong,
On paper it all sounds good. His speeches sound great. His popularity seems genuine.
Unfortunately, the actual people of the US aren't being helped.
Haven't you noticed that our retail sales are still dropping? If the American people were getting the money and programs we need, we would be right
back to spending (yes, we love to spend
) And as you all know, Americans spending money helps to stimulate EVERYONE's economy!
[edit on 7-6-2009 by lpowell0627]
[edit on 7-6-2009 by lpowell0627]