It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Council Elections - Why Are Labour Still In Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I understand the way our system of governance works. For the most part i like it, but it is out dated. How is it that when the country has turned blue, that Labour are still in power? I know people vote differently in general and local elections. However this is a massive shift, a truly shocking shift and Gordon Brown is proving nothing except the fact that he craves power and cannot possibly give it up.

The man is obsessed with power and i sometimes wonder if we would ever give it up, no matter what happened. The only way he'll be thrown out is if the Labour party themselves do it.

However lets understand something ladies and gentlemen. We have a party in power whos leader we didn't vote for. People say you vote for the party but the leader is a big part of that. We have a cabinet, many of whom we didn't elect to be there and basically we have a system that isn't slightly representative of the publics mood or views.

Our system needs a complete overhaul. Representative democracy needs to be instigated. I have written to members of parliament, i hope you write to them also.

new topics

join