It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty syringes: FDA failed to shut down troubled plant, and family says it paid the price

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Dirty syringes: FDA failed to shut down troubled plant, and family says it paid the price

www.chicagotribune.com

Moreover, an examination of inspection reports and other documents shows that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration missed several chances to stop the tainted syringes from being used by patients.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.propublica.org
www.propublica.org
www.chicagotribune.com

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This story just makes my blood boil! The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) failed to shut a syringe plant down that showed evidence of contamination. According to the Tribune, they (FDA) made several visits to the plant and concluded that insufficient evidence was on hand to have a plant closure. It also highlights that the plant in question had changed it's sterilization regime to a less effective process but the FDA failed to make note of it in their findings.

In the Chicago Tribune article, a little girl was killed by these contaminated syringes and the father, her caretaker, has self guilt that he was responsible for her death and it turns it that it wasn't his fault.

These government agencies need a deep and thorough house cleaning. These people are receiving their paychecks from us and they appear to be doing shoddy work all over the place. This deserves a thorough Congressional hearing to get to the bottom of it because this report shows gross negligence on the part of the FDA.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Apparently, government negligence is not on the radar for some folks. So I'll drop a line or two before this thread goes the way of the dodo bird. I was shocked by reading this, that the FDA could have stopped what happened in the story; but some how failed to sound the alarm. Anyway, any comments on the subject would be great. I'm interested to hear what you folks think. Thanks.

new topics

join