It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plying the Pacific, Subs Surface as Key Tool of Drug Cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Plying the Pacific, Subs Surface as Key Tool of Drug Cartels

www.washingtonpost.com

U.S. law enforcement officials say that more than a third of the coc aine smuggled into the United States from Colombia travels in submersibles.

An experimental oddity just two years ago, these strange semi-submarines are the cutting edge of drug trafficking today. They ferry hundreds of tons of coc aine for powerful Mexican cartels that are taking over the Pacific Ocean route for most northbound shipments, according to the Colombian navy.The sub-builders are even trying to develop a remote-controlled model, officials say.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This could pose one of the biggest security threats to the U.S in the near future . " Criminals " fabricating there very own subs to enter into the U.S for the purpose of smuggling in contraband . I can't help but wonder what kind of ties terrorist groups have to these Mexican cartels .
So what do you think , will the U.S government allow this activity to continue unchecked or will we soon hear of " enemy " subs being blasted out of U.S waters ?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I submitted this story thread earlier but it is any interesting story to say the least.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
while smuggling drugs are illegal,,,,

is owning and operating a sub???? i never thought about that,,,,,,and it's a weird question,,,,,, how many people, not gov't's,,, own subs

i guess it would be the same as owning a sailboat

top topics

join