It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Cops beat man for no reason...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

you can see the guy is kindof built right? what i think is he was resisting in such a minescule way just so it wouldnt be seen on the camera but enough to hinder any action by the police.

heres what i saw. they get out of the car, and he's in the same spot probably not listening to there requests. then he is on the car, probably tensing his arms and not allowing cuffs to be applied. thats when the cop loses his cool and uses a different method. Its hard to see but somthing caused the officer to throw him back over to the curb(from the carhood)

this man premeditated this. thats my theory

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

they hit him in the face too, totally uncalled for

getting hit in the gut is one thing, but facial blows are an entire new ballgame as far as im concerned

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman

premeditated getting beat ??

are you really this thick skulled?

your bs amazes me more than the police brutality itself

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

scizophrenics are smart people in a way. Im sure its not the first time he took a beating from sombody.

Id let a cop beat me with a nightstick too if it ment I could get a settlement from the city.

when cops start beating rich white people in 300k housing developments then Ill call it NWO
[edit on 6-6-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I watch it over and over and I'm still confused. Now I did notice that the female offcer is wearing a different uniform than the male officer. Is she an officer or maybe an explorer or cadet on a ride along. Still though, watch video #4. If you look at the top of the video it appears that the male cop and the suspect are still physically fighting when other officers arrive. It then appears that the initial male cop pushes the suspect to the other cops and they simply PLACE HIM IN HANDCUFF'S! It doesn't make sense! You guys and galls look at it and tell me if I'm seeing or not seeing things.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

premeditated getting beat ??

are you really this thick skulled?

your bs amazes me more than the police brutality itself

Actually, he has a good point.

Cops can be agitated to the point of brutality by simple remarks just as easy as Internet folks can be "trolled" into abusive name calling and even getting banned. Cops' jobs are not pastry chefs - it is a dangerous job dealing with people who may be scum.

The facts are that the man was standing on a corner intersection with an unzipped jacket - something that would surely make a cop notice.

Not only that, be he was basically in the center of the frame. Further, it appears that the cop car and cops were also in the center of the frame. Everything was CLEARLY seen on video.

It's not hard to notice a camera from the street. It's also not unreasonable to assume the man was aware that the majority of surveillance cameras DO NOT record sound. This possibility opens up a virtually UNLIMITED action base for the man to mouth off the cops. It is doubtful that the cops are aware of where every surveillance camera is, but also likely that the man knew one was there.

How about the man's mother? Could she have influenced him to do this? She was speaking about it on the news there. Perhaps she had something to do with it. Perhaps she is the mastermind behind manipulation of a schizo?

What would she benefit from a settlement for her schizo son?

Something to think about...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Doesn't matter,
We're taught in the academy to use "that force necessary", if the guy was really putting up that much of a fight (resisting) then why didn't the female help. They never try to get his hands behind his back, the male officer just keeps striking him. If he was going to jail we should all be able to see these two officers, if she is an officer, planting this guy on his rear, and at least trying to get his hands behind his back to handcuff him. In every video that I watch that never happens. It's not looking for the officer(s).

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That should be "It's not looking good for the officers."

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

scizophrenics are smart people in a way. Im sure its not the first time he took a beating from sombody.

Id let a cop beat me with a nightstick too if it ment I could get a settlement from the city.

when cops start beating rich white people in 300k housing developments then Ill call it NWO

so beating anyone is fair game and acceptable UNLESS its a rich white guy?

thats more than racist, it's classist as well, because poor white people can get beat and you wont think anything wrong of it

in fact you will claim we "set it up" and "sought to get beat"

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

so beating anyone is fair game and acceptable UNLESS its a rich white guy?

thats more than racist, it's classist as well, because poor white people can get beat and you wont think anything wrong of it

in fact you will claim we "set it up" and "sought to get beat"

Not sure if I agree with that. Lower class individuals have ALWAYS been more prone to getting beat!

They don't have POWER!

Higher class people usually have POSITIVE REPUTATION and POWER.

Humans judge people based on POWER and REPUTATION.

Do you not agree that this is the case?

Humans are not objective and fair.

This is the nature of humanity.

Perhaps some people like to pretend that we are objective and fair: WE ARE NOT!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
so since humans are not fair, than it is OK to beat anyone unless they are rich and stuff?

Thats essentially what you guys are promoting.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

so since humans are not fair, than it is OK to beat anyone unless they are rich and stuff?

Who are you to change human nature?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW

what are you even talking about?

your saying all crime and evil is OK and FINE and ACCEPTABLE

UNLESS "rich whites" are affected by it, then it becomes "wrong"

your opinion is complete garbage IMHO

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

what are you even talking about?

your saying all crime and evil is OK and FINE and ACCEPTABLE

UNLESS "rich whites" are affected by it, then it becomes "wrong"

your opinion is complete garbage IMHO

I'm not saying any of that. Let me illustrate:

The scorpion's nature is to sting, even if you are trying to save it from drowning in a river.

Your own nature... what is it? To say that something is garbage which you don't understand?

Your nature is what you do. Human nature is what we do.

I'm merely illustrating what we, as humans, do. We respond to those in power differently from the common man standing on the side of the road.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Having lived in NJ for most of my life I know what will happen. The abusive, belligerent officers will be put on PAID leave pending an investigation.

I remember a few years ago a NJ officer ran a stop sign and killed two teenage girls, and he was put on paid leave. I don't know what happened since; I'm sure after a while being on PAID leave he was fired, but I doubt he did any time. I doubt these scum bag officers will either.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This really is a no brainer. The officers in this case were wrong on almost every level imaginable. Being a police officer does not give one the right to physically abuse somebody else to this extent and in this manner. Regardless of what words were exchanged, an example must definitely be made of this cop. Throw the book at him and make disgraceful behaviour such as this a big deterrent to Police Officers around the world. You are NOT above the law and WILL be made responsible for your actions.

Race has nothing to do with this. This issue is about somebody who is paid by the taxpayer to ensure the enforcement of law and the safety of citizens abusing their privilege and authority.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Oh and I don't think these incidences are indicative of conspiracies. Rather I think they indicate the ineptitude of our bureaucratic government to self-correct from within. Not to mention the power of the unions, especially in the northeast.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is it a surprise this police force is from the Jersey cesspool?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm not saying any of that. Let me illustrate:

The scorpion's nature is to sting, even if you are trying to save it from drowning in a river.

Your own nature... what is it? To say that something is garbage which you don't understand?

Your nature is what you do. Human nature is what we do.

I'm merely illustrating what we, as humans, do. We respond to those in power differently from the common man standing on the side of the road.

That is all.

You're saying that class discrimination is human nature? And that is supposed to justify violence on the part of law enforcement?

Firstly, it is human nature to discriminate intellectually, according to one's own values and ideals. Yes, we have that right. But in America, that is as far as it goes. We do not have the right to actively discriminate against others and violate their rights, regardless of what we perceive human nature to be.

You are speaking of human nature as a scapegoat, as if it's an excuse not to control ourselves. By that logic, our natural human inclination to breed could justify rape. (Or is acting in accordance with human nature only justified if you wear a badge?)

You're also assuming that everyone perceives those with money and power to be superior, however there are those of us who give respect to others based on their merits as an individual, if those merits reflect our personal values.

Secondly, whether or not actively discriminating against others is inherent and uncontrollable in our nature, we have something called due process. People, regardless of whether or not they are perceived to be powerful, are innocent until proven guilty. Guilt is proven in court, not on the street. Guilt is determined by a judge and/or jury, not by law enforcement in the heat of a moment.

And ultimately, human nature is not what we do. I post in an online forum, that is something that I do. Is it my nature to post in an online forum? No, I don't believe that is necessarily an inherent property. It may be inherent in me to think and to wonder what others may think, but what I think and how I go about investigating what others may think is a matter of choice, not my nature.

You are right about one thing. We do respond to those in a position of power and authority differently than people we might see on the street. I, for instance, am much less trusting of those who think they have power over me, than those who perceive me to be their equal (just another person on the street doing their own thing).

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

You are right about one thing. We do respond to those in a position of power and authority differently than people we might see on the street. I, for instance, am much less trusting of those who think they have power over me, than those who perceive me to be their equal (just another person on the street doing their own thing).

... and I suppose that you could have skipped your entire post and only given the thread this message.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join