It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Cops beat man for no reason...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well hey there brothers and sisters of ATS.
I just watched this video and I have to say that as a cop myself, and based upon the video alone, this COP is in some trouble. He's going to have a hard time articulating "probable cause" and "that amount of force nesessary"! Please don't judge us all based upon a few bad apples. And there are some out there. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. It appears to me that these two cops had nothing to even make contact with the guy unless there's some type of no loitering ordinance. But even then it appears that the guy doesn't resist in any way. I would like to hear what is being said between the parties involved. That would clear any doubt as to just what is going on there. I wouldn't be suprised at all if this cop resigns or is removed from the force. Just wait to see what happens. I am certain that the truth will come to light.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the man said he had a gun in his jacket, and threatened to shoot the female officer.

Think for a minute.
If that would be the case then the cops would pull out a gun too and we would have a standoff where cops point guns at the subject.
You do not rush in to a suspect that is about to pull out a fire arm. It's ilogical. The cops just wanted to show who is boss and who is slave.

You're obviously not a thinker or else you've never been in the appropriate situations or have had the appropriate training as it applies to these situations. It's apparent that you just hate cops with your "they just wanted to show who is boss..." BS.

First of all: It's illogical to rush in on a man and beat him when he is just standing there. Oh wait, unless you are a monster cop who wants to show everyone who is boss!

All the videos show is the man apparently zipping of his jacket, and then CUT TO SCENE both cops are out of the vehicle and close to the man, with the male officer running toward him. The major point here is that both officers are out of the vehicle and the man apparently still doesn't have his jacket zipped up fully which suggests that they knew he was intoxicated, they were questioning him, he was being belligerent, or perhaps even threatening one of the officers. I'm drawing you with this paragraph, BTW.

If the man did allege to have a weapon, and If the male officer was sufficiently close enough, which the video supports, he would not simply draw his weapon because it still allows the man to shoot the female officer had he really intended to and it creates a situation where the male cop would be critically coerced into using deadly force to kill the man if he had drawn a weapon and fired. It may be the the male cop was attempting to nullify both possibilities by rushing in on the subject and disabling him and any potential attacks. There is absolutely no guarantee that the act of simply drawing a weapon is going to halt the shooting of another person.

You tell me this: If someone told you that they had a weapon and were about to shoot a loved one, would you count on your action of pulling out and pointing a weapon at them would stop them from firing? Would you completely discount the possibility that you wouldn't be able to remove your weapon on time? It appears that the cop was not counting on the assumption that he was the quickest draw in the west.

I know I wouldn't. I would nullify the threat... or rush them (If I was a copy and didn't want to file the paperwork!) so that they could not afford the opportunity to remove the weapon in the first place, aim it, and pull the trigger. After rushing, I would beat them so that they would most likely be concentrating on not getting hurt rather than concentrating on aiming and firing a potential weapon.

Edit:

After seeing the unedited version without the time lapse, it does appear that the male officer is in a hurry to get to the man. The suspicious part is where the man appears to have his hand in his right pocket, and is apparently "facing off" with the cop car. His body posture and actions (swinging his arms and hands on his hips) as he is obviously mouthing something off at the cops before they get out of the car.

He obviously said something to piss off/threaten the male cop into taking the action he did. Is the action warranted?

We'll never know from the video itself. We need more information.

To make up your mind at this point is foolish.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by NWOhereNOW]

link   
It's heart breaking to see the culture of 'us against them' grow so large in the police departments nation wide. I should not feel nervous at the sight of a cop but I do. It should never have gotten to this point.

link   
It really seems like police officers need to be better educated....they only need like what an equivalent of an Associate's or less to be a cop? I remember in college the criminal justice majors only had to take one Psychology class and it was "Abnormal Psych"...and most took it in the summer for only 7 weeks....these cops have no idea how to deal with Schizophrenics or any "disturbed" people. They should all be forced to take some kind of classes, because frankly many of these police officers are just STUPID!!!!! Stupid + Weapons=this kind of incident x100 like every day

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
seems like cops nowadays are abusing their power way too much that it's getting out of control. I hope those cops get justice served to them.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultraangel
It really seems like police officers need to be better educated....they only need like what an equivalent of an Associate's or less to be a cop? I remember in college the criminal justice majors only had to take one Psychology class and it was "Abnormal Psych"...and most took it in the summer for only 7 weeks....these cops have no idea how to deal with Schizophrenics or any "disturbed" people. They should all be forced to take some kind of classes, because frankly many of these police officers are just STUPID!!!!! Stupid + Weapons=this kind of incident x100 like every day

Considering that the majority of people in the world are borderline retarded it makes sense that most cops would be as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"pigs" comes to mind. I haven't thought of that epithet in years much less written it. The sad fact in so many cases like these is the trumped up charges that go along with the ass whipping. When you get to court, the judge makes it seem like he's doing you a big favor when you jail time suspended and get probation.

Once people are in the system, they never get out. Imagine a schizo trying to remember to show up for his PO at the right time. Imagine if he takes a hit of weed and comes up dirty. People like him end up doing time. As ex-cons nobody wants to hire them and it all goes down hill from there.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And what in the Hell is the charge "Wandering in search of drugs?" It sucks to be a nigga in the hood. You can't even walk around. Whats next, sitting in your home thinking about a bong hit? Time for another beat down.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So much for protect and serve eh?

You think these cops are bad? You had better hope you never have an encounter with the police in Oakland New jersey.

They are corrupt, they own that town, and they do NOT work for the public, they have other bosses, and they get paid quite well for their loyalty and services.

Of course it is a long history that goes way back, ties between organized crime and police in NJ is nothing new, though the growing number of video cameras are.

Maybe some day the truth will come out.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

Skyeyes, indeed you are correct that we cannot generalize all LEOs. I am curious though from your perspective is this a new thing with the Police or has this always been going on and we are just now catching wind of it in the media?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Another situation in which it's safe to say "# the cops."

...but maybe it isn't safe to say and I'll get beaten...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by PullThePin]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Some cops know the procedure for a non responsive person.
(mentally ill)
They are hauled off to the mental ward.

It might help if they got the person who knows them the
best but that might be too much for the Illuminati cop.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Man American cops are bad. I thought the NZ police were bad, I have been taken to the station and strangled against a wall till I couldn't breath. My mate has been taken to the cells for drunken disorderly and had the # kicked out of him by an officer who has been suspended multiple times for brutality.
At the moment I am waiting to go to court to defend against a $600 fine for "using a motor vechile in a manner likely to cause annoyance". Because I was driving out of our steep driveway and my flatmate was driving in and he reversed up to let me out and lost traction, an off duty cop who lives across the road reported it. Then two weeks later on a Sunday morning this angry as cop comes to our flat to tell us we were doing burnouts. We explained the situation but he didn't listen and made up false statements from us. Then on christmas eve we both got a $600 fine in the mail.
I used to think pigs was a good name for the cops but pigs are highly intelligent I call them sheep now.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This guy was lucky. There was a camera there, we never know how often this happens without those. There's no change in hell that the officers partner or some other police officer would help a man being brutalized by the force.
for cops again.

If you really watch the video, you have to wonder if this guy was'nt overly aware of this camera being there. Does'nt it seem a little perfect?

He is precariously standing on the side of a busy intersection. When the officers pull up and their is dialogue...you can see this mans body language as being insebordinate, and "cocky" if you ask me..

from past experiences with police, this kind of brazing attitude is the last thing you should do, if your innocent, or guilty. He clearly throws his shoulder and and turns his body in a way that is cocky. Wich we all agree is a bad idea when an officer asks somthing so simple of you. Once the video skips to the beating you see the man squirming and resisting in a small way. imo.

In all honesty, I wouldnt put it past this person to be standing in that same spot day after day, in front of that camera, instigating this event to occur.

actually watching it again, you see him reach into his jacket pocket, and turn his body hiding his left hand, almost looking like his pulling a weapon.
as far as the beating, i would probably squirm too if I was getting hit with a stick. But I think this guy asked for it, sorry.

Usually I would be agreeing with the brutality though.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well ANON,
I'd have to say that it's been going on ever since there have been cops walking/patrolling city streets. The reason that it's seen and heard more now is that almost everyone that you see or come into contact with on the street has a cell phone w/ camera, video recorder, camera or whatever- "MODERN TECHNOLOGY". And lets not forget about the Media. The media will always cover a story of "Shock", "Horror", "Violence" because that's what sells. Ask your friends, when is that last time you watched a news program and they actually covered a story about a firefighter, cop, paramedic, or anyone rescuing or saving someones life, or just helping out in the community? Not to often. The problem that I see with this incident is that if this cop had "probable cause" to place that guy under arrest then why didn't he place him in handcuff's? SCENARIO-Cop approaches a guy who he wants to place under arrest. They guy is verbally resisting-some agencies call this "Passive Physical"-so, O.K. the cop plants him on his butt, rolls him over and handcuff's go on. Here in this video the cop continues to strike the guy and the guy is not even fighting back. Not sure what the situation is but as I said, based upon the video alone this cop has got alot of explaining to do!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
even if he was giving the cop lip its called america and we have freedom of speech ,well used to, there was no reason to attack him in that sort of manor, and if he was saying he had a gun wouldnt they have seen it when he had his jacket unzipped and if it was in his pocket and the officer felt threaten he still abused his power after he tackled the dude he shouldnt have subdued him and grabbed his hands not punch him in the face, then he beats him with the baton, then he stands him up slams him beats him slams him

that was uncalled for and this is why we call yall mofos pigs because this happens in almost every city just not everyone has the chance to have a camera around to capture the act

being half black and looked at as a nigga all the time and being from the not so well to do areas i can tell you there are so many cops who abuse their power and do what they want because the good cops, and their are ones, dont want to snitch on their partners and i dont blame them cause the whole system is screwd up if you snitch on a cop then all the other cops dont like you its like school

i was almost shot by cops because i was zipping up my jacket like wtf

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

Thanks Skyeyes... Every time I see one of these incidents and knowing what is going on with the incredible power grab by the NWO it makes things all that much scarier and serves only to make more a more divisive community.

It's officer's like this that make martial law implemented on the citizens that much more plausible. I still would like to believe that cops like this are by far a minority of the LEO's.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I figured this one sombody using this video to further their ideas.

You are sensationalizing it and not really looking at it, like I did and explained what I saw above.

he should have either stayed on the sidewalk, or crossed the street like a normal person.. If he is this unstable he should be in an institute where they probably have to use the same force from time to time.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
O.K.,
Just watched it for the second time. I patrol the same type of streets where I am a cop. I'll say again, based upon the video alone, these two cops have alot of explaining to do! I don't care if the guy was mouthing off, yelling, telling them to F*** OFF, whatever! If they had "probable cause" to arrest him, then why didn't they put him in handcuff's? The opportunity to do so presented itself numerous times. The guy was on the ground for several seconds, and then the male cop let's him stand back up. What the hey...! The female officer is just walking around and not even trying to help her partner. Something's amiss here! Where can I view the unedited version?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"wandering with an intent to buy drugs"

i am utterly amazed

police are not even legitimate anymore if they are using these types of excuses

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join