It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anybody Here ever experienced a timeslip?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I had another time slip this past week and so I decided to find this thread to post.

I was driving to work when I passed this gas station. It looked fairly new and the Gas price read $1.019 for unleaded, 1.119 for regular, and 1.149 for premium. The cars that passed me looked like well kept older model vehicles and I barely even gave it a second thought other than that the gas was really cheap at that station! I would stopped if I wasn't rushing to work. I did notice a car passing me and the drive driver giving me a weird look.

An interesting thing to note is that it was intensely foggy, and I drove through thick fog, and around the gas station it lifted and then I entered another very thick patch of fog before arriving at work. When I drove back home later that day the entire scene looked like it usually did.

Who knows what happened...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This was years ago. On a business trip, I had car trouble and had to stay in a different town several days until repairs were complete. I start back home, about 250 miles away, fairly later in the day, close to seven or so. Almost from the beginning the trip seemed surreal. There was a torrential rainstorm, I witnessed an accident (driver fell asleep and flipped his car on the freeway meridian) and then I miss the turnoff and am about 30 miles down the wrong road before I realize my mistake. I am worried and obsessed about the car, which still isn't running right. I stop at a huge truck stop and call my husband. I am quite upset. A mechanic there puts more oil in my rig and is dubious about my chances. The shortest way home is a route I've never taken before, part of which is through very minor roads. It is at least 11 p.m. by this time and I am still about 200 miles from home. My memories of the rest of the drive home are few. I remember stopping to ask questions once, then finding my way very easily through a maze of city streets in a city I'd never been to before as I wound my way north. I drive into my driveway. It is 1 a.m., Jay Leno is just ending (or it might have been Johnny Carson, LOL). My husband is astonished that I am there so soon. We look at a map, thinking that I wasn't where I thought I was but there's no other explanation or route I could have taken. Years later, coming back from vacation, we go over the mountain pass where I had first realized how lost I was. My husband is again astonished that I covered all that ground in three hours.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wow some very cool stories added...I had my own timeslip this past week it's posted elsewhere but I will repost it here. My daughter catches the bus at 7:26 am I woke up at 6:59 and got her up and got on the computer. I was watching the time very closely and the comp clock said 7:21 I looked three times to double check and make sure so, I hurried her along telling her she was going to miss the bus it was 7:21, so she leaves and is gone a good five minutes and I check the time again half expecting her to come home missing the bus...but the comp clock then said it was 7:13. I know it could not have been that time then. This happened last friday morning. Then I went to post the whole thing about how that happened just after I had it happen and my comp wouldn't go online and I had been online the entire time it took place...no bad weather either to knock it out.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
YES! I just did today at my local Bojangles. After I ate my breakfast I went to the bathroom. I all most walked into the women's bathroom. I know for a fact the men's bathroom is on the right side of the hall and the women's is at the end of the hall. Well this time the women's is on the right side of the hall and the men's is at the end of the hall. I even asked when it was changed around and was told it has always been that way but I know it has not.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have not had "time slips" i have had "reality slips" in which reality has actually changed, such as facts. for instance, my high school year book, i was voted "most moral and ethical" and my picture was in black and white as an error from the printing company, i was one of the few people who got this edition of the year book. well this year I just for old times sake open it up, and notice instead of "most moral and ethical" I'm "most likely to succeed" and my picture is now in color... then a few weeks later, i put a cd in the car cd player of my girlfriends car, get out go inside the house, come back out, and the cd is back in the stack where it originally was, and she was witness to this

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

A "time slip" is when there is a slip from one time line to another time line.
A "reality slip" is when there is a slip from one reality to another reality.
TIMELINE=REALITY
A "time slip" and a "reality slip" is the same thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
your gunna love this...
the only reason it is even memorable , is that I was first learning directed dreaming , lucid dreaming , and remote veiwing .
as a function of this , I was asked to give detailed dream logs , and keep a personal journal .

such as , follow a single share of the stock market ... drink from a red cup if the arrow is up , and blue cup if the arrow is down , green if there is no arrow or there is no listing in the news paper or the paper is not seen during lunch on that wensday of each week .

I did this for about 17 months , and during the second week of the 12th month I started seeing doubles ...

a man changing a tire on a car on the freeway , then 1/2 mile later , I would see the same man changing the same tire on the same car . thinking , to my self that guy looks familure , do I know him?

I would see a women going out of the supermarket , then see the very same women going out a second time . thinking to myself , she must have come back into the store for some reason .

have the same car behind me as was in front of me, in a traffic jam ( seeing MKN , MXN or MYN... on both licence plates but the numbers were not clear ) same color , but seeming to be slightly dull and unimportant .

there was a gradual increase of these doubles untill I did isolation/ seclusion tank , sensory deprivation tank -training/ experiments ... and with the aid of hypnosis recall , for another purpose , I made the connection with what was happening else where in my life .

the moment I reolised what I was seeing .. it stopped , and never happened again .

what I suggest , the training was the cause of the doubles .
I suspect I was seeing as meny as 4 events a day just befor I became aware it was happening.... and did not notice it at all .

what I also see clearly , it didn't happen even once , after I started looking for it .

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

That's a good one, did the store employees look at you like you were nuts??? Gotta love this stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

That's really crazy!!! Wow. Wonder what I may find if I were to go look in someone else's yearbook from my graduating class. I never got the yearbook because I didn't buy my class pictures the last year of school and because I didn't buy the damn things they refused to include me in the yearbook.Frigging retards, but I digress I wonder if I looked now If my picture would be in it. That's be trippy.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

It is not the same thing. The definition of a time slip is a momentary "glitch" that most times has people viewing events in the past. It can last a few seconds to up to 30 minutes according to most reports.

Reality slip/reality shift is the actual movement throughout the multiverse in which events leading up to the present are actually different than what the "slider" experienced.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
after reading the other posts , it seems unlikly that what happened to me is related to time slip .

I was living in big sur and working in carmel california .
what happened to me was in the spring time of 1979 .

I never felt time displacement .
and I have never seen any reason to beleive there was any temporal anomolys taking place .
and quite honestly , I have never had much use for clocks .

good luck with your quest

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by readerone

If you were passing quickly between several different alternate time streams it would account for your weird 'doubles' spotting because the same people would be doing the same actions just at slightly different times. Mostly people just shrug off or ignore weird glitches like this, but you were on a higher level of observation so you remembered. Pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey wats up! i am new here. i am 13 and male and i have experienced what you would call time slips! my first time slip was about 4 years ago! i was in school staring out the window when all of a sudden i felt real cold and then i felt like i was somebody else but i wasnt! i was seeing stuff with my own eyes. i saw some things like answers to a test! (now that was useful) i also was seeing a movie that i never knew was going to be a movie! most of its fuzzy but when i went to see it i knew everything that was going to happen that day! i have also experienced dreams of seeing the future,telekinesis,electromagnetic kinesis,empathy,time slips,and i am able to communicate with wild animal because when i looked in there eyes they did wat i told them to do and i saw wat they saw! now is that weird or what! well i am done now so if anybody else has experience with powers like mine please reply cause i want to control theses so called powers of mine!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For the past 6 months or so I have been noticing movements of people on TV shows speed up at certain times. Is this explainable? Has anyone else observed this?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MagikKid

The thread was about time slips. Not precognition or electrokinesis or whatever other kinesis people can come up with these days. Is also not a thread concerning comic book super powers.

now, on to my new thoughts.

In regards to time travel. Most would speculate that time travel to the past is not possible and even if it were, then you could never go further than the exact moment the first time machine was built. I once speculated that there could very well be "natural" time machines in existence. Time slips would be an indication of just that. If that were the case, then IF time travel was ever possible, theoretically we could go back as far as when these natural phenomenons began.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
yeah i know the thread wasnt about electrokinesis or my other abilities but still i wanted to share that thought with everyone.and i am not talking about comic book stuff! i am actually talking about my life! timetravel is impossible! but i have been experiencing things speeding up some times like that 3rd last reply on here. it happens alot to me! i dont actually know if its one of my abilities or if i am just seeing someone else using their ability!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Now that is the problem. You ask 10 people to define time slip or reality slip and you get 10 different answers. I look forward to the day when real research is done on this ans we start to get some answers. I guess that day will be very long in coming.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
I believe I had encountered a timeslip or something similar. I had posted this experience in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Ok, let me first preface this by saying that if somebody told me this happened to them, I wouldn't believe it, but this is my off the wall experience.

I have been commuting to work by train foe 25+ years now and this occurred about 10 years go.

I arrived at the train station near my place of employment as usual about 8:00 am like every other morning and was walking through the station with hundreds of other commuters with the usual hustle and bustle. Suddenly, without warning, it was like I entered another room. The air got thick and hazy and all of a sudden it was difficult to walk, like walking in mud. People on both sides and in front of me appeared to be dressed in attire from the early 1900's, some men in bowler hats and women in long period dresses. The interior of the station, which I know like the back of my hand, seemed different with unfamiliar storefronts where the usual coffee and newstand kiosks would be. As quick as it happened, it was like stepping out of that room, and everything went back to normal. I cautiously looked behind me and the usual multitude of people were walking behind me as normal. This only seemed to affect me.

Although I have an open mind I lean toward skepticism when it comes to time warps, interdemensional travel, etc., I have no other explaination as to what happened to me that morning. I wasn't daydreaming, hung over or anything else. I've had no experiences like that before or after. "

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

HAHAHA Thanks for reposting your account here in my thread!!!! I in fact read this just last night on the other thread, but much appreciate the posting it to my thread, as I had not seen my thread in a great while and this made my day, I had even forgot this thread, LOL!!!!!

I am really into this stuff big time, th only time slips I have experienced was either time repeating as my account a few posts up was posted here. And I have had times where hours disappeared literally not remembering going through it or what I did, and no there were no UFO's around at any of these times. A lot I shrugged off as not seeing the time right or being so busy that my mind skipped time because I just was so busy I didn't pay attention to how many hours had passed. I never had anything so cool as being transported to the past/ future and stuff. I am still waiting, after all there are a great many threads here about places on Earth where these things happen often and maybe someday I will get to some of them!

Here are some threads to see about unusual timeslips, etc in certain places:
Para: Untersburg The Mystery Mountain
Time Slips/Shifts In The United Kingdom

Well that's two I remember and enjoyed myself, so I thought everyone else would.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join