It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anybody Here ever experienced a timeslip?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There's an old thread by Vanitas on this subject...here's a link....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll re-tell one of my posts from that thread....

I've had a couple of occurrences that might be 'time glitches'. Here's one....

Years ago I had a 25 mile commute to school. The morning traffic was fairly light, and there were 'regulars' that I met each morning.......I could almost tell the time by a couple of them, ( say, if I met the woman in the little tan car at the river bridge, it was 8:15).

Then one morning I met her just as I left the city limits!!( 7-8 miles ahead of 'schedule')..... Thinking that I must be running horribly late, I quickly checked my watch.....but I was right on time.

As I neared the spot where I usually passed her, I again wondered why she might have been heading into town so early.....when I was amazed to see the same odd, little tan car heading toward me !! I slowed and stared at the driver.....yep, it was her....again!!

The poor woman must have thought I was an escaped nut!!.....I undoubtedly gaped at her with my mouth open and my eyes bugged out!!......(She returned my stare with a somewhat alarmed one of her own!!)

I continued to see her each morning as long as I was on the same class schedule.....And I couldn't resist staring at her each time we passed, even tho she always seemed to regard me with more than a little suspicion........

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
There's an old thread by Vanitas on this subject...here's a link....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll re-tell one of my posts from that thread....

I've had a couple of occurrences that might be 'time glitches'. Here's one....

Years ago I had a 25 mile commute to school. The morning traffic was fairly light, and there were 'regulars' that I met each morning.......I could almost tell the time by a couple of them, ( say, if I met the woman in the little tan car at the river bridge, it was 8:15).

Then one morning I met her just as I left the city limits!!( 7-8 miles ahead of 'schedule')..... Thinking that I must be running horribly late, I quickly checked my watch.....but I was right on time.

As I neared the spot where I usually passed her, I again wondered why she might have been heading into town so early.....when I was amazed to see the same odd, little tan car heading toward me !! I slowed and stared at the driver.....yep, it was her....again!!

The poor woman must have thought I was an escaped nut!!.....I undoubtedly gaped at her with my mouth open and my eyes bugged out!!......(She returned my stare with a somewhat alarmed one of her own!!)

I continued to see her each morning as long as I was on the same class schedule.....And I couldn't resist staring at her each time we passed, even tho she always seemed to regard me with more than a little suspicion........

Thank you very much for that link I am reading through the pages right now. Maybe Vanitas and me both obsessed with time should be best buddies lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My wife and I experienced a timeslip as well.

We got ready and left for her to get to class. We were actually running late but when we got there we ended up being nearly an hour early.

Part of the drive goes through a large military reservation, and during that drive things at one point got "surreal" and the sun got much brighter than usual.

We have no explanation for it, and no it was not daylight savings time.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
I don't know if these time slips are real. It seems like an impossibility. but who knows, I don't think physicist have researched time and space too seriously when it comes to the possibility of time travel/time slips.
I have a question: are there any reports of any one who fell in one of these time slips- but never came back?
So, if hypothetically speaking someone does fall in a time slip and ends up in 2000B.C.E., is it possible to stay stuck in that year?

If you fell into the rift, as we torchies say, and never came back, except someone saw you disappear from the face of the earth, how would anyone ever know? Lots of people "vanish from the face of the earth" every year. Maybe not all of them have run off to Tangier or Mexico or joined a circus.

If you ever find yourself in that situation, it's probably not a good idea to tell the locals what happened. You could get sent to bedlam or burned at the stake in some places for that.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This actually happens a lot to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjl_says
This actually happens a lot to me.

would you care to elaborate? Doesn't ever happens to me and I really am trying to figure out what's going on with this phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I experienced 2 timeslips that I know of. And oddly enough they both involved going to work.

First time was in the 1980's. I was working 3rd shift and it was about 11:30 PM. I was fresh out of the shower and looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. Then I remember closing my eyes for what seemed to be a couple of seconds and when I opened them I was fully dressed. Driving my car down the interstate towards work. I still don't know what happened to those missing minutes..

Second time happened in the 1990's. Working on a day shift. I had showered and dressed. I was walking out the door and I looked at the clock on the stove as I left. It was 7:45 AM. I had an uneventful trip to work and punched in on the timeclock without looking. Got to my cubical and then looked at the clock on the phone. It was 7:45. No time had elapsed. It should have been 7:57.

So what happened? Not a clue. Maybe the mothership wanted to see me?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i think i had a slip not that long ago. i got up for work at 7am (normal time) had a shower and then ran out the door to pick my co worker up at his house (15 minutes away) about 5 minutes into the drive i was already at work without my coworker, parked.. i was stunned. i never heard of time slips before and thought maybe it was like i was asleep at the wheel driving to work.(scarier thought then time slips i asure you lol) but he wasnt very happy that he had to take the train into work..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
well i dont know if i had a time laps or a time jump. i was 19 driving from east texas to dallas a normal 4 hour trip. i remember i was an hour in to my trip and i noded off. when i woke up i was an hour from dallas. dont really know how to explain it any better but it happen 2 other times at night on the same trip i took.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Are these really "Timeslips"??
Wouldn't timeslips be the passing of time without any conscious awareness of that time passing.
The events that most posters are describing on here are mostly "Time Crossings" where one time reality is impinging on another, be it past or future.
So, with my definition of TimeSlip, i have had three in the last few days.
Where i have completed a task without knowing how or why i did and without the usual passage of time.
The reason i know they arent just veg out sessions is that even when we have these we acknowledge that time has passed.
In my experiences the time passes instantly.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I used to find this happen whenever I was in a show at school be that singing, acting or even occasionally gym displays. Actually used to happening sometimes when I was doing cross country too. i always used to put it down to a kind of switching off and running on auto pilot.

I suppose like when you are really into a game you are playing or a book and you sudenly realise hours have passed.

On a similiar thing years ago i remember sometimes i used to feel like i was not really there, kind of like watching myself in a film but also being part of it, in that i was consciously aware of what was going on but didn't really feel part of it, if that makes any sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've never experienced a time slip (well to be honest I think it depends on how you define it, I think technically everyone has had something at some point in life you could call a "timeslip"). I have been reading about them for the past few days and its a interesting and trippy subject. A lot of the theories about what they could be are really freaking interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My husband was stationed at Norfolk Naval base and I had several time slips. One was I was cooking and had gone in the bedroom to check on the baby and walked back into the kitchen and the clock had Jumped four hours. Thinking it was just the clock i looked at the tv and my cell phone the clock wasnt wrong but somehow I had lost four hours and didnt burn dinner. That was too weird. We lived about an hour from langley air force base.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was driving hope from work one night and I remember looking up at the sky because the moon was behind a dark could and illuminated the edges of the cloud, it was awesome. The clouds were moving slow that night. I looked down at the clock and it said 11:06. I turned away to look up at the sky again and I blinked (I tell you I blinked because when I did it felt strange and i had to think about it for a second) and the cloud was completely out of sight of the moon, like not even in the sky. I looked back down at the clock and it was 11:01. I thought about the cloud and thought maybe it was moving faster than I thought but there is no way that cloud was gone in the single blink of my eyes.

The only other time I felt something like that was a couple days later when I was driving TO work in broad daylight. I passed one of those big RV's, the ones that look like a bus. Yet again there was a blink that felt weird and I looked in my rear view mirror and looked back down the road and the RV was nowhere in sight. I hadn't moved anywhere on the road, the RV was just GONE. So, I turned my attention back to the road and the RV was way IN FRONT of me!

Both of these happened in the month of June and nothing else has happened since the RV incident.

I work in Madison, AL near Redstone Arsenal. Just thought I would throw that in there since a few other people were talking about military instillations.

Much love,
HarlieQuinn

[edit] to add the last paragraph

[edit on 6/23/2009 by HarlieQuinn]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdragon23

Yours is a typical timeslip occurence, My question is about going forward or backward in time whether it be a few minutes or several decades. Gaining time, a couple of stories about time misplacement is here:
paranormal.about.com...

I am not talking missing time, that would entail you burning your dinner, and four hours later, putting out a fire, so your story is very relevant to my question. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

What you are describing is a psychological thing, I have done that...I am talking about actually being moved in time like seeing the past or gaining time or losing time (like you know you walk somewhere every day and it takes fifteen minutes but it takes two hours and all you did was walk, you didn't do anything else. No explanation as to why it took two hours, etc.) I've posted a link to other time occurrences in line with what I am trying to get stories on. See my post above this one.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've never had a time slip but I once interviewed someone who had, and it had shook him up quite badly!
He said that he had been wandering around the ruins of St Catherines Chapel in Lancashire when he happened to go inside and found the chapel in perfect condition! There was glass in the windows, ornate plaster and mouldings on the wall and a rope attached to a bell in the bell tower. He happily wandered around looking at the decor until a movement near the bell tower caught his eye. It was a ginger haired man in light brown robes who just starred at him. Then suddenly, he described it as if everything melted back into normal time. The building was once again a roofless ruin and the ginger haired man had gone. There was one specific thing he did mention over and over again, and that was the sound. Noises sounded like he was hearing them through water, all muffled, etc.
He reported it to me as a ghost experience but it seems to me that it has more in common with a time slip.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I was whatching the same stuff that i had just been whatching knowing what was coming next.
[edit on 6-6-2009 by h3akalee]

This just happened to me last night, I was watching a live stream, and it repeated a second time 10 minutes of show time, but the slider was in the new position. I do not know if it was the show, or the slider. But I been getting these alot lately.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
On a similiar thing years ago i remember sometimes i used to feel like i was not really there, kind of like watching myself in a film but also being part of it, in that i was consciously aware of what was going on but didn't really feel part of it, if that makes any sense.

This is a psychological phenomenon called dissociation. It happens to most people in times of extreme stress, but it can also happen at other times as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join