It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone live in Hendersonville, NC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am hearing some pretty nasty stories about the sheriff running the place like Nazi Germany... I'd love to have more detailed stories. Also anything on the general corruption, ect

I cant decide right now if I want to do an expose' and take it to a media outlet of some sort (I know, I'm on one here.
), or find some way of working up a massive class action suit against the county.

I quote from a former resident:

The Sheriff's department now rules Hendo (Hendersonville) with an iron fist. People are constantly being threatened with fines, arrest and seizure if you dare question their authority. I'm so glad I'm out of that hell hole. I just wish **** could get out.

I used to live there, and I can honestly say, the place IS run like this. Something needs to be done in places like this, where corruption and Nazi style rule are the word of the day, brought on by greedy, soulless people in power, voted in by greedy, soulless people who have all the purse strings.

Ideas? Comments? BTW- I posted this here in the general conspiracy, because I don't know where else it'd fit.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is this the same guy you are talking about??? I don't live in NC, but he does seem like a piece of work. He is asking for this advanced technology, but on what grounds? Do you guys have a high crime rate?? I also seen on the Sheriffs website that they have chargers for cop cars.. Thats kinda funny, cause I don't see cops in Chargers that often. If this is the same guy, I can see why you are saying these things.

www.blueridgenow.com...

Davis said that specific to the law enforcement field, this technology will allow agencies to better identify staging and surveillance areas; search, raid and seizure planning; photo documentation for search warrant applications; traffic control analysis, evacuation planning and routing; land and air coordination in search and rescue efforts; set up foot chase and crime-in-progress perimeters in seconds; turn night into day, winter into summer; historical archiving and accident reconstruction; logistical analysis and statistical mapping.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A few suburbs of Seattle have Charger cop cars.

I can think of at least 3, Bellevue, Redmond, and Medina (where Bill Gates lives lol)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I live in Asheville but moved from Hendersonville about 5 years ago, before Davis was elected. I really can't say I ever had a problem out there, not do I hear of any really here. The only thing I can think of is that alot of people thought the old administration was too slack.

Long story short, I turned in alot of illegal stuff to them and the officer just said they'd dispose of it, but never asked where I got it who's it was, nothing.

I know they have two officers from Buncombe and Henderson counties that are assigned to catching drug trafficers running I26. It makes me wonder if any of what they are wanting has to do with the high population of illegals and drug dealing in that county as well. Henderson county is also involved in whatever program it is that if they are arrested they can start deportation proceedings.

What do Chargers have to do with the way the sherrif is running his dept? They use them as well in Buncombe county, the city and the state highway patrol.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I live a few miles outside of Hendersonville in Henderson County, and I can't say I've ever seen or experienced any police abuse or Nazi-style terror tactics, although they are pretty strict about traffic violations. It's possible they are equally gung-ho about other minor offenses too.

There are noticeable class divisions here. On the one hand, this is one of the most popular retirement areas in the country and there are a lot of well-heeled retirees who expect the local government to cater to their interests and demands. On the other end of the scale there are the native Appalachians who have been here for generations and in general are hostile to any outside interference of any kind. Then there is a modest-sized middle class and a rapidly growing number of Hispanics, some of whom are illegals, which Opal13 has already pointed out. There are tensions between the Appalachians, the working class, the Latinos and the very rich. The middle class, of which I am a part, are mostly unaffected by these class tensions, so it could be I'm unusually oblivious.

I wasn't aware, until KaginD posted the link to blueridge.now, that Sheriff Davis was quite so enthusiastic about acquiring all these high-tech toys for the police force to play with. I certainly don't see enough crime to justify all that. It could be he's just on something of an ego trip and wants to make himself look important.

The main gripe I have with the police is that I live near the Justice Academy and they want to put up an outdoor firing range. My neighborhood doesn't want it, and we have been making petitions but it looks like the cops will get their wish.

I'm not saying there's no cause to call the county fascist. It may be I just don't come into contact with law enforcement very often. This is just not a high crime area overall. I will keep my eyes open.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I got my information about as first hand as you can get, which is why I was wondering about how the 'fascist' power is being distributed. I know certain people who... ran afoul of the PTB down there, and fought the govt tooth and nail, and basically got french fried with a side of ketchup. I know I got targeted because I was simply associated with these people by the PTB. The sheriff couldn't do much to me... but other things happened which kept my hackles up- being followed, almost run off the road daily by people in expensive cars, having items stolen almost constantly... I was nearly outright paranoid by the time I got evicted out of my apt (the new owner went condo- EVERYONE got tossed).

I actually got along well with most of the Native Americans I met, to be honest. When I'd go to the reservation to get away from looneytown for a break- I never had trouble, the police were nice, the people were nice- I almost moved there, til I found out I had to be certified Cherokee to do so.

As for the tensions... I can tell you right off, the rich do NOT want the poor anywhere near their little haven, and they'll bend over double to get rid of the working and lower classes. I have personal experience with that. Very, VERY personal experience.
I am willing to bet if Davis gets his toys, the amount of abuses against the 'undesirables' will go up- providing the MSM in the area actually REPORTS it. I have personal knowledge Channel 13 is in bed with the PTB. Intimate, in your face knowledge.

I have a list of grievances a mile long. 50% of them happened to me personally, the other 50% were with the non profit group I was volunteering with. An example: I had a traffic ticket. The lawyer I hired ($350 I couldn't afford) told me he had it all sewn up- until he ran OFF with my money, and I am not sure how many others' money! One guy got screwed for $1000. Were there any repercussions? Not to him! He was made a magistrate. Brent O Connor had better NEVER cross my path.... Legal recourse? The NC state bar told me to go to hell, in so many words. $350 was 'below their contempt'.

The things I have witnessed.... land grabs, the treatment of the poor.... the lies, thievery, and outright in your face corruption.... It's why I am running the field. I would like to see if anyone else has been in this type of mess.

And then, I would LOVE to have revenge. Media attention, a corruption investigation... SOMETHING. A class action lawsuit....

[edit on 7-6-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I didn't know you had to be a Cherokee to move out there. On the reservation, surely, but there are other places so close by you could move to. Never had any problems over there.

Like I said, I moved out of the county before Davis got elected so I can't give much of an opinion about that. The only problem I had was trying to turn in some renters who were dealing drugs out of my property they were renting from me and they didn't seem to care, so nothing was done and I just didn't renew the lease. But then again, I am just a no-body to them, but I guess if I were paying thousands year in property taxes, it would have been different. I only ever had problems with the police in the grand old town of Fletcher. Trying to justify their existence.

Of course, they want all the rich half-backs and their retirement money. They have made it almost impossible to live around here with the muliti-million houses and tourism business not paying worth a flip. All those people need to do is complain about any little thing and someone somewhere is kissing their butts. I hear them complain about NC and saying about how good everything was where they used to live, so my question is "why not go back???" But then again, that is another subject all together.

WLOS is a complete joke and utter failure at news casting. As you well know, you get better news coverage out of one of the Greenvills stations. Then again, you have good ol' Darcel running the place. The newspapers aren't much better either.

Sestias, I don't blame ya'll for not wanting the outdoor range at the academy there. There are plenty of out of the way places they could put one. Wouldn't want it in my backyard either.

And not to make light of your almost being run off the road, but if it's in the month of October your chances of getting run off the road by some old fart are pretty damn good anywhere around here. Don't ya like how they hit thier brakes going up hill? No really, factor in the fact that half those darned cars they drive don't fit on the road and they really have no idea how to drive around here. And their arrogance tells them the locals will just have to get out of their way.

[edit on 6/8/09 by opal13]

new topics

top topics

join