It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South Atlantic Anomaly And The Disappearance Of Flt 447

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BugBomb

Ethiopian airline's left engine hit a rock just below the surface, that's why it rotates abruptly before flying into pieces due to aerodynamic forces and vibrations.
this was reported by the pilots who survived the crash. the rock was located, the engine's debris recovered.

for 447, a touch-down à la "Hudson River" could still be possible, as the ocean waves at that time were "only" 3-4 feet high.

447's fate should be in-between both cases, but the truth will be discovered later.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
hi mike,

I thought I would check the magnetogram for those dates and found something.

on the 29 may there was no sign of activity on the sun but betwween 29 and 2 an area of activity appeared.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/288dec17c923.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a392b359af7.jpg[/atsimg]

daz__

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by peacejet

Yes, my bad! The red arrow (if that's what you're meaning) should have been a trifle higher than what is shown! But it is still well within the area.

Cheers!

no actually it is not. the plane disappeared more than 600 miles off the brazilian coast. one can clearly see on the map provided by the BBC that the plain was north of the eastern tip of brazil, halfway through the atlantic. comparing this placement to the image you provided of the atlantic anomaly it would appear that the plane was outside of its area of effect.

besides they have begun to find bodies and identifiable parts of the plain in the ocean, so if it did leave this dimension it left some of itself behind.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
At this time everyone can speculate, so I would just like to add mine by a question. What does an airplane on Monday June1, 2009 in Texas where passengers either saw a missle or more thought UFO got very close to their airplane, the project disclosure for France, a bomb threat against France airline in Brazil the day before, and the disappearance of the 447 in a snap? Could the dots be connected?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Awesome!

I think that the story you linked mainly gives huge props to Mike Singh and how he thinks. When it comes to this kind of thing, ATS is just so far ahead of the rest of the world.
This is one big reason I keep coming back here. Very cool.

-ChriS

I agree wholeheartedly...

It is folks like Mike that increase the signal to noise ratio...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Tickets are commonly found items in air accidents. People just have a different perception since 911. It freaked me out when they found a patch from one of the shuttle astronauts in Texas, that still creeps me out.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

...when they found a patch from one of the shuttle astronauts in Texas...

Star for you, woooman!

This simple fact (I assumed you are referring to Columbia? Of course.) This simple fact is overlooked by those that seem to misunderstand the truly chaotic nature of a large complex piece of equipment, and all of its contents, and how they react in a violent accident. Whether it's the patch from an Astronaut, a passport from a hijacker, or a little four-year-old girl who is the sole survivor of another airliner accident, some years ago (Detroit, Northwest Airlines, 1987) very odd occurrences can be seen.

It's a shame that all too often, nowadays, the first leap is to "conspiracy", even before all of the facts have been considered. AND, tragically, once that 'door' has been opened a crack, it never is able to be shut completely again.

[edit on 6/8/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I started a similar thread but it didn't get much attention. If you look at the SOHO movies for the 30th there is a large flare around midnight. Solar flares can take up to a day to reach Earth. Yes the Earth was between the Sun and the crash site. However, if the particles from the flare have the same polarity as the shield or weak spots then they penetrate it with ease. The SAA is charged positive I believe so if the flare had the same charge it would spread out over the electromagnetic field in an attempt to dissipate it and could have exploited the Anomoly.

Deez

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have been reading posts on this event, and looking at the news articles. and the only reasonable answer I can come up with is that the plane must have broken up in flight, which most likely means a bomb, or hit by a missile. It makes no sense that any kind of failure on the part of the aircraft could explain this crash.

Well, that is my analysis anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WW, thanks for that very informative heads up! Don't you find it strange that in the year of our Lord 2009, there still exists non radar environments? It's high time they developed aircraft position technology via satellite, that gives real time info to the ATC like a radar. This would cover all blind spots then.

But then there would be no conspiracy theories either!!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Don't you find it strange that in the year of our Lord 2009,
Cheers!

Mike, no mixing of conspiracy theories please

That belongs in the 'Religion is nonsense' forum

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Don't you find it strange that in the year of our Lord 2009,
Cheers!

Mike, no mixing of conspiracy theories please

That belongs in the 'Religion is nonsense' forum

Nonsense or myths? Because the latter serves a function and is a normal natural process, whereas the former assumes an anomaly with no function whatsoever...

Now back on topic...

I was explaining this magnetosphere to my son the other day, and he totally grokked it... and said... "This is why I love science!"

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You're dead on. It has always been the same for me as well.

As if the universe as we understand it weren't interesting enough.
Then you consider all that we don't know or understand yet..
It's mind boggling.

Especially when you consider how much we don't know about things like radio waves, electromagnetism, consciousness, time, the paranormal, even the fabric that comprises the universe. We haven't even begun to scientifically understand some of the most fundamental forces of the universe. Theories and mathematic equations only go so far.

I believe we're on the brink of some pretty amazing, pretty important scientific discoveries. And all of this is happening in our lifetimes.

What an amazing time to be alive.

-ChriS

[edit on 8-6-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
if it was related to the magnetosphere, then hold on to your hats because 2013 is going to be the suns next solar maximum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

we shall see how many planes fall out the sky as we appraoch this time.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I heard on CNN today that they found somemore bodies in the ocean as well as the tail of the plane. They're sending in submarines to search for the beacon signal from the flight data recorder. What they'll do even if they find it, who knows.

A week later, Air France mystery deepens

The crew of Air France Flight 447 had reported severe turbulence shortly before the plane disappeared. A dozen flights using similar routes to the Air France plane did not report exceptional weather, but aviation experts say weather can change suddenly and vary over short distances -- and passengers on at least one other flight reported what they described as bad turbulence.

Investigators in Paris said Saturday that the Air France flight sent out 24 automated error messages lasting about four minutes before it crashed. The messages suggest the plane may have been flying too fast or too slow through severe thunderstorms it encountered before the crash, officials said.

"What we learned by the information that the airplane uplinked to the Air France maintenance is that they had a lot of very confusing signals that the pilots would have been confronted with," Cox said. "Exactly what caused that, it could possibly be Pitot tubes or airspeed indications that could be causal in some way."

Makes you wonder if we'll ever find out what really caused this crash. If we can't, it will eventually happen again. That's a scary thought. I already have a hard enough time flying as it is after my near death experience back in 2003.

Short story..
I was on a small prop-job aircraft flying into Lawton, Oklahoma from a small airport in Georgia. We ended up getting hit by a massive thunderstorm while the plane was on it's final approach. The plane was starting to lose control because of the winds. It seemed like we were upside down at times.. Somehow the pilot landed the plane in 70 mph winds. The plane was literally sideways when it landed. But the whole time people were praying. We all thought that was it. I called the airline the next day to give cred to the pilot for saving our lives. The only time in my life I really thought death was imminent. It's not something I wish to relive again.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The crew of Air France Flight 447 had reported severe turbulence shortly before the plane disappeared. A dozen flights using similar routes to the Air France plane did not report exceptional weather, but aviation experts say weather can change suddenly and vary over short distances -- and passengers on at least one other flight reported what they described as bad turbulence.

Maybe 15 mins apart in flight time and the weather changes so severely? I still think the flare of the 30th penetrated the SAA and either caused the sudden change in storm activity or affected the planes electronics with an intense burst of electomagnetism. We still don't know all the effects solar flares have on our planet. Remember the movie "The Core"? Weak spots in the shield allow more cosmic rays in. It explains the erroneous cockpit signals, also all the computers failing.

I'm sure the pilots wouldn't forget to put the Pitot tube heat on. I'm sure it's automatic.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The stories I have read keep trying to blame the pitot tubes that give critical air speed information, but from my understanding, the aircraft was scheduled to have the pitot tubes upgraded, not repaired. Pitot tech is very, very old, and there really isn't anything to these probes. They are a length of rod with a hole in one end facing upstream, with static ports and some where a means of measuring the force of the air coming through the tube. They are heated up to prevent freezing up, a function which is on the emergency power bus, which is separate from the rest of the planes electrical system. If power to the pitot tubes was lost the aircraft would be in glide mode then anyway. I can't think of an aircraft going down to to a pitot tube failure. Something doesn't seem right about this story.

If the aircraft got going to fast, the pilots should start to feel considerable vibration to warn them to slow down, which would be different than the effects of the storm. If the plane slowed down too much and began to fall, the pilots should have been able to tell from the altimeters which use numerous static ports separate from the pitots. Then the pilots should have been able to make adjustments in plenty of time to regain air speed. In addition, they should have had other means giving ground speed which they could have used to remain will within the range needed for airspeed.

It just doesn't add up.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

poet, short answer:

Yeah, you have good points, however...you have to consider the state of the art in modern airplanes.

Basically, for the Captain's and First Officer's pitot/static system, the data is processed through two ADCs (Air Data Computer).

There is an independent third system, for 'Standby' instruments.

However, the STBY system is generally there for complete electrical power failure scenarios. When you have a lot of conflicting info, from two separate ADCs....which, BTW, also compute overspeed and stall warnings....well, it's a case of garbage in/garbage out. Throw in the night time, and turbulence, and they had their hands full.

As to pitot and static port heat -- yeah, you're right. Problem is, it seems that in some situations the heating was inadequate on the pitots, in certain Airbus models.

At least, that's what I take from the reports coming in, so far.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterydame
At this time everyone can speculate, so I would just like to add mine by a question. What does an airplane on Monday June1, 2009 in Texas where passengers either saw a missle or more thought UFO got very close to their airplane, the project disclosure for France, a bomb threat against France airline in Brazil the day before, and the disappearance of the 447 in a snap? Could the dots be connected?

Hi all newbie (not really long time lurker)

Nice post one I think may be over looked.
If france were going to disclose a few secrets this would serve as a fair warning not to go ahead.

Also I heard on my local news that there was 2 people on passenger list that 'had ties' to terrorism...then after that report I have never heard anything of it again.

I have one question relating to the ticket in the bag...what size bag was it?
If it was carry on then no worries I can accpet that, but if it was a larger bag then that makes no sense.
Not sure how you have your luggage checked in and loaded on a plane, with ticket in the bag but still got on the plane with out the ticket(which was in the bag)...

[edit on 13-6-2009 by 297GT]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join