It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Missing plane sent 24 error messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
>

PARIS, France (CNN) -- Air France Flight 447 sent out 24 automated error messages -- including one saying the aircraft's autopilot had disengaged -- before it vanished with 228 people on board, aviation investigators said Saturday.

But even as they analyzed the error messages and satellite images of the doomed flight's path, investigators said they still have a lot of work to determine what caused the plane to go down.

"I would just like to ask you to bear in mind that all of this is dynamic and there are a lot of question marks," Paul-Louis Arslanian, head of France's accident investigation bureau told reporters.

"We don't know how the aircraft entered the water. We don't know how these pieces of debris entered into the water and that you have to take into account the current ... and the shape of the ocean floor."

The error messages suggest that the plane may have been flying too fast or too slow through the stormy weather it encountered before the crash, officials said.

Video Here

The presumed crash of Air France flight AF447 with 216 passengers and a crew of 12, continues to pose a mystery to aviation writers and analysts world-wide.

Stunned analysts say it would take extremely violent weather to bring down such a large jet, especially one as reliable and modern as the Airbus A330-200 in question.

By industry standards Air France has a relatively young fleet and the aircraft operating flight AF447, registration number F-GZCP, had only entered service in April 2005 and had passed a routine in-hanger inspection in mid-April.

Former Airbus pilot John Wiley told CNN that speculation lightning had brought down the plane was likely to prove unfounded since most modern passenger aircraft were capable of withstanding direct strikes.

I also found this site, speculations ofcourse, but intresting read..

I. Crew error

I1. Flying into severe weather

The crew flies directly into the most severe part of the storm

Supportive evidence: Tim Vasquez's analysis of the weather system indicates that it would have been very hard for AF447 to avoid the weather system alltogether, but there is no evidence to suggest that they flew directly into the worst part.

Open questions: Exact flight path is needed.

Verdict: They did fly into the weather, but it is unknown if this was avoidable or if they flew to the worst part. Note that in combination with another problem, such as radar failure the likelihood of this theory would be much higher.

References: Assumed flight path from the BBC article news.bbc.co.uk... Tim Vasquez's analysis www.weathergraphics.com...

Airliners.net

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This event just gets weirder and weirder. I don't think we will ever find that plane. It's like they just disappeared out of thin air. I feel for the people whos family was on that plane.

wasn't there another plane not too far behind? I remember hearing somewhere that there was no major bad weather on the day of it's disappearence.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Demon 23]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Demon 23

I think there were one plane before and one just after , so this is as you say , wierd !!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Did this plane go down(disappear) with in the supposed Bermuda Triangle area? Makes one wonder if you look at all of the aircraft,ships, and people who have mysteriously disappeared in that area of water over the years.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

They were WAY south of the Bermuda Triangle. Don't think that has anything to do with it.

Still, with no wreckage from this craft found, answers are going to be hard to come by.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My speculation is that the software in the control systems can be overwhelmed if enough inputs are out of or near out of normal operations are encountered. The control system gets lost and goes hay wire.

new topics

top topics

join