It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon War Games Predict Future Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Pentagon War Games Predict Future Threats

www.usnews.com

CARLISLE, PA.—By the Pentagon's reckoning, the world in 2018 will be a grim place, with a considerable array of tricky national security threats facing the U.S. military. Multinational corporations, employing increasingly thuggish private security forces, begin to undermine the traditional power of nation-states. Countries vie for scarce natural resources, leading to armed conflict. In the meantime, North Korea launches a southern invasion, disguising two Army corps as groups of refugees fleeing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Pretty much everyone remembers the war between Russia and Georgia of last year. At the time, there was a discussion on ATS about future events being implemented in tv series and computer games. The reason being that this war was part of a (Tom Clancy's?) computer game that had been released some years before the real event, even the date was close to the real event, if I remember correctly.

I myself am fan of the TV serie '24', in which private contractors stage terrorist attacks on American soil so that the government cannot deny private contractors any long in defending the country and hence, to increase their profitability. In reality, private contractors have grown extremely powerful and an indispensable resource for the war in Iraq. It now seems that the scenarios that have been used for computer games, tv series and movies seem to contain a certain degree of reality regarding future events. The recently released movie 'State of Play' is another good example. If I'd be American I would be frightened by the fact that private contractors are gaining more and more influence over the country's security.

www.usnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
They are the threat.

Back patting, suit wearing, psuedo-geniuses that wipe their feet on our humanity, trust, and decency before they get in the limousines are the real threat. The threat that ensured our rapport with the rest of the world.

join