It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plying the Pacific, Subs Surface as Key to Drug Cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Plying the Pacific, Subs Surface as Key Tool of Drug Cartels

www.washingtonpost.com

MEXICO CITY -- When anti-narcotics agents first heard that drug cartels were building an armada of submarines to transport coc aine, they thought it was a joke.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.seattlepi.com

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Submarines used for narcotics trafficking? What will the drug lords think of next? Their ingenuity astounds me sometimes. I am by no means condoning this activity, but however, it is brilliant and that can at least be accepted by all.

However, lets get to the serious side of this other than the shipment of dangerous drugs into the United States; if they are using these submersibles to traffic narcotics who's to say that a terror group from abroad can't get a hold of one of these to transport a nuclear or biological weapon into the United States?

We all know cash is king and if any would-be terrorist has the sufficient funds there is nothing to stop them in getting one. This should be on the radar of the US Navy, US Coast Guard, and any other government agency tasked with US defense and security.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Good post, but this is old news, apparently it's been going on since the 80s... they're not quite submarines though - hollowed out torpedoes that are "dragged" by other boats/ships, if the coastguard comes they just drop the "cargo" and collect it later using gps.

Quite probably a lot of things other than drugs are transported this way. With the desire to make lots of money, there will come a lot of ingenuity... I heard a story that drugs were being smuggled into the UK via pigeon racers, apparently a homing-pigeon can carry about an oz, so they get taken to mainland europe, loaded up and released to fly back home to the UK.

join