It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan could become #1 nuclear threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Pakistan could become #1 nuclear threat

www.russiatoday.com

Despite the army's determination to wipe out the Taliban from the Swat Valley, there are fears the militants could seize Pakistan's nuclear weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
dailymailnews.com
www.fas.org
www.isis-online.org
www.dawn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bhutto Killed=Pakistan Chaos=Nuke Hunt=Iran War
U.S. Has Plan to Secure Pakistan Nukes if Country Falls to Taliban

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Swat Valley in Pakistan is under siege from the offensive launched by the Pakistani defense forces to out the Taliban. Daring kidnappings have been reported and millions of refugees are in gridlock due to the tensions.

However, one specific issue persists, and that is Pakistan's nuclear weapons arsenal. What happens if the military action fails and the Taliban is able to re-establish a foothold in the Swat? Will they move on Islamabad and ultimately to the nukes? If that happens then we are all in a world of hurt. Mad men fanatics with a finger on the button. Now that is scary.

There is much debate on who is the gravest nuclear threat: North Korea or Iran. However, Pakistan is a hornets nest at present and out of the crises the Taliban may gain the opportunity to control nuclear weapons. Too me, that is a very clear and present danger. What does the international community do if the Pakistani government fails? This situations needs to be watched very closely.

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I swear Nuclear is the new black this summer. Everyone's gettin in on it. What scares me is the players involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You're right. The Taliban is very capable of taking over a country like Pakistan, they've done it before in Afghanistan and they live and breath hostile takeover everyday.
If they do take Islamabad, they means they take Pakistan. Even though their government won't be recognised by the weak, PC do-gooders of the UN, they will still be the legal owners of a nuclear weapons arsenal.
Now if that happens, bad news. The Taliban WILL sell weapons to the highest bidder, regardless who it is. They'll sell to Hamas, Syria, Jordan, Hamas, Iran, North Korea, Hamas, Egypt, Mozambique and they'll probably even sell to Hamas, and you KNOW that Hamas WILL use them.

If you look around the world today, you can see so many starting guns waiting to go off, each one of them has the potential to be the trigger that starts World War Three. It feels as though it's not a matter of 'if' anymore at all.
Any day now.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The news media is the real threat here, I swear every article you read has the word nuclear in it somewhere including the title. They better ease off or they will have people hiding in their basements with flashlights and cans of chicken noodle soup.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Looks like we're going to be at war on Pakistani soil next.

Iraq,Afghanistan,and Pakistan will make 3 new states..maybe even North Korea as well

It's a real estate investors wet dream

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Seems to me that Pakistan is trying to play both sides here, they are constantly telling the west that they are anti terror and holding out their hands for $$$$ to supposedly help them fight it yet they then go onto do things like handing over the swat valley to the Taliban and releasing known militants like shown here BBC

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If you want the whole back ground check out the thread a few of us have been putting together here. We have been all over the Pakistani issue as well as the other issues in the region. If you want a real in depth background to the present situation I highly recommend giving it a gander. When you have the time for a good read.

The New Great Game

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

"Mad men fanatics with a finger on the button. Now that is scary."

Yes, exactly. You just described the U.S. leaders.

As for the Taliban, I've said it before and I'll say it again, You CAN'T stop terrorism. It's impossible.

The more that get killed, then the more that join and form new factions. It's an ongoing thing, and it's a completely useless campaign this "war on terrorism".

Never going to work.

new topics

top topics

join