It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats it all for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If we find out the truth what does it mattter?

We are all dead within at best the 100 yr limit we all have.

We hope to all, live past 100 but then what then, after 40 are bones are worn near broken, we may have cancer diabetes, and other illneses that will damn us all.

We know the truth, then what, what the next generation knows but still doesnt give a dam, it seem irrelevant to life.

We want to know whats going to happen, the earth will be gone forever in a few billion years if not sooner, why worry, religous people say god will save us all, I say noone will, but thats just biccur, about the unknown.

So who needs to worry about the unknown, why not (pluckynoonez) just have panic-sex now, for knowing that the world will end tomorrow, act as if this is the last day on earth, this is your last day.

I saw a fire in Ft. Worth two people burned to death in it a few months ago, did they ever think they were going to burn to death, NO!!!!!!!!!! They just did, we could all die at any moment any time.

Point of this thread we can all die at any moment, but what is your legacy what keeps you immortal what will be your gold plate sent into space for aliens, what do you serve as importance for a generation, not just inquiring about 2 towers that were kncoked down.

Things are happening, and time is closing in fast, we dont have much time lets make the most of it! Live F-K, Die, and let something be passed on of great importance, and that is the greatest of all in life!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The world ends every time you fall asleep and begins again every time you wake up.
Ultimately, it ends forever when you die.

Until that point, enjoy life, find things to keep you happy, and above all, don't panic. Help people the most you can, make the best mark you can, and if you go to your grave knowing you've done as little harm as you could, at least you've got that going for you.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Shouldn't we treat every day like our last, but instead we instinctly don't. I dont know why but we assume tomorrow is promised.

I try my best in all ways to be okay with today as my last day, but what about our next generation should we even care, does it really matter to us, i'm sure politcians think this way too, John McCain surely won't be alive for my kids generation, so why should he even care?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Thanks for the link, im a sucker for music, I'm also listenin to alot of Aerosmith, pink namely, and just seems like pink is more important then the world falling apart but at the same time not, i'm 20 but I see the forest from the trees, is this just the mindset of the transisitional generation of my time, I notice it in other my era.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hi Rep,

No-one knows the point of our existence, but it is a gift - just enjoy it.

Those are my words of advice to you - had to add this so I was not a one-liner.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I love that philosophy but shouldnt there be more to it, even from an atheist point of view. Shouldn't there be more to life, even if we figure out all the conspiraceis what have we done but corrected a small time line on a small blue planet?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Shouldn't we treat every day like our last, but instead we instinctly don't. I dont know why but we assume tomorrow is promised.

We don't as a protective instinct.
If we only thought about how we could die tomorrow, we'd probably never leave our rooms.
Life moves forward, and if you are smart enough to realize there's a tomorrow, you must be able to also envision yourself in it, otherwise you're just standing still.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

OK. here are my thoughts. I think that if a soul here on earth does not have a further life to look to, they will be wiped out.

I think that you have to believe in Jesus, the gentle Saviour.
Or, at least, I think you have to believe in some kind of God or you will suffer.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
No-one knows the point of our existence...

True that...

But most of us do know damn well that our existance and it's greatest achievement, LOVE, are worth saving and living for

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
To cut a long story short.

Its physical maths, chaos that constructs all and the flip side of it: life and death (universes)

The point is we are here as a self realisation of IT (or god if you want ot call it that)

every part of life and death answers its question not just human.

We dont need to ask what the point is because we are the point
We are an answer so just enjoy it.
Be grateful and dont question so much as you cant know what we are answering? confusing? Probably but being an answer to a infinite question is the point of being here.
Both death and life keep answering infinitly.

We created computers to give us answers. They give answers, they dont come back to us and question their purpose or what or why created their matrix...humans need to be the same
just know we are a realisation of something
Making it self aware.

Have some peace in your day

Zazz

[edit on 6-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
we all want to live to be 100 or more? wrong.
most of the people i see over 70 are in a lot of pain for one reason or
another. The Who wrote " i hope i die before i get old". old age just
looks painful. not me, i hope its over say 72 the latest. i'm not
afraid to die either, i figure maybe 50,billion people have gone
before me so it can't be that tough. being old is what looks tough.
i mean adult diapers and all cmon.there's a point somewhere it becomes
not even worth it any more so,what do you think about that?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I try my best in all ways to be okay with today as my last day, but what about our next generation should we even care, does it really matter to us, i'm sure politcians think this way too, John McCain surely won't be alive for my kids generation, so why should he even care?

Being an atheist is like holding a double-bladed knife. You realize, and that realization is never comfortable. You see, you make your life be what you want it to be, not what someone else expects it to be - the only way to live, imo, but, like I said, you realize.

I got a question, does anything really bother or hurt you? Like, really make you hurt, deep down. And something tangible, no matter how 'etheral' it seems.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

but what is your legacy what keeps you immortal

Alcor Does!

And yes, complacency has set in on a global scale....generalization, but a fair one IMO.

Can't prevent your own birth, but you can enjoy what you have while you have it...the idea that it is such a short ride is what is truly sad.

Yet, should we walk around with a fatalistic mentality..? I try not to...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has any reason to believe that lives are supposed to have any purpose, or that anything does not have value just because it's fleeting. Or the opposite.

Contemplate it all you want, but, judging by the fact that you're alive, you, like billions of other humans are living on faith or at least inertia.

new topics

top topics

join