It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the plural of czar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There's a pride of lions and a murder of crows, so what do we call a herd of czars? We better figure it out because we've got quite a bunch of them coming on line.

Like the Romanovs they are completely in charge of their domains with giant budgets to oversee and their own bureaucracies to oversee and answerable to noone but obama. They make and shape policy and decide what parts of the economy gets money and who gets squeezed out.

I don't believe there is anything in the constitution that allows this, and congress hasn't even bothered to use their rubber stamp on it. Where do they get the money to pay their staff?

Make no mistake, he knows exactly what he is doing. This is a first-rate power grab by a power-hungry President. You see the great thing about czar's is that they operate with impunity and they are "under the radar" when it comes to making policy. They are accountable to nobody, except the administration.

So in effect we have NON-ELECTED officials, who are backed by The White House, who are given the tools and resources to do the bidding of the President and they are accountable to NO ONE! These czar's don't have to undergo Senate Confirmation Hearings, they just get appointed.

Do you know who these people are? Apparently there is some dispute about who is and who is not a czar but here is the list provided by Open Salon:

Energy czar Carol Browner
Urban czar Adolfo Carrion, Jr.
Infotech czar Vivek Kundra
Faith-based czar Joshua DuBois
Health reform czar Nancy-Ann DeParle
New TARP czar Herb Allison
Stimulus accountability czar Earl Devaney
Non-proliferation czar Gary Samore
Terrorism (I thought they didn't use that word) czar John Brennan
Regulatory czar Cass Sunstein
Drug czar Gil Kerlikowske
Guantanamo closure czar Daniel Fried.

Open Salon

this list must have been compiled before the new great lakes czar was appointed or the cyber czar and there is to be a pay czar to oversee executive compensation.

not to mention that princeton grad school dropout Brian Deese who is undertaking the job of dismantling GM. He has never run a business or worked in the auto industry but he's going to dismantle GM and get it ready to sell to some investor (or whatever the fantasy is).

I think the plural should be a crony of czars.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
good one lol

a crony of czars

you forgot the Toilet Czar btw

that person is in charge of Flushing everything down the Drain

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As of today, June 16th, we now have, at last count, which could have very well changed, depending on how many times Obama has been on TV today, a grand total of appointing 22 Czars to the Executive branch..
TWENTY TWO, 22 Czars now work for our White House...What the hell is going on, and how much longer are we the American people, going to stand by and watch it happen??? The Czars were appointed by Obama, not Congress, and until last night on C-span, most members of Congress were unaware that we are now up to 22 Czars...
Why is Obama creating this large Czar pool?
How much are "We the People" PAYING these Czars????
Are the Czars being rounded up to take over Congress's job????
Lets see..Under Obama, the Goverment owns banks, GM, Chrysler, and as of yesterday they are talking about saving the Airline Industry...
The Obama Admin. also can now fire Inspectors General, WITHOUT 30 days notice to Congress, and WITHOUT a reason WHY...
I could go on and on..
Does anyone get where this Administration is going? I do...
Just look up Progressive's and thier movement, and you will see Obama's picture there, along with all his Czars....
The people of Iran are standing up against "The Machine", yet here we are giving ours oil, knowing full well what our gut is telling us...
Maybe we the people need a "Wake Up Czar"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We the people don't have any clout with government anymore, but Senator Robert Byrd is raising objections, so maybe we'll get somewhere with this.

"The rapid and easy accumulation of power by White House staff can threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances," Byrd wrote in a letter to Obama. "At the worst, White House staff have taken direction and control of programmatic areas that are the statutory responsibility of Senate-confirmed officials."

NY Times

We know it's a power grab and that this is a way of cloning obama so his puppets are in charge of all these areas, answerable or accountable to no one, unlike cabinet members or others who are appointed by congress.

Will these objections come to anything? I'd guess not.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How did we suddenly create a pseudo level of bureaucrat? Like someone else asked, how much are they getting paid? I hope they are working for $1 a year in salary like their comrades that they have control over. Seems only fitting that the Czars should lead by example.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

apparently czars have been appointed by presidents for years but until now they had no real power. this new group has been given whole pieces of budget and power to administer it, complete with their own bureaucracy and the budget to pay for it. maybe it was part of the stimulus bill. after all, it creates jobs. who would know if it was part of the stimulus bill? nobody read it before signing it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To answer the question,
I think the correct answer is...
COMMIES.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Very good! even includes irony! but I think we should give it its own unique spelling:
commy. so it's a commy of czars. do you think we can get it into the next edition of trivial pursuit?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
reply to post by pavil

apparently czars have been appointed by presidents for years but until now they had no real power. this new group has been given whole pieces of budget and power to administer it, complete with their own bureaucracy and the budget to pay for it. maybe it was part of the stimulus bill. after all, it creates jobs.

Exactly my point. Who appointed them? Were they confirmed? Who made them the person in control of the purse strings, isn't that what that other branch of Government......what's their name..... right, Congress is supposed to be doing?

People complained about Bush's power grabs for the Executive Branch, yet hardly a whimper now......Interesting.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
...Obamasize should be the plural.

Seems like he is intent on growing government and creating all kinds of positions to see his agenda through. With a spineless Congress, he will no doubt succeed.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

obamasize sounds more verb-like to me. they are obamasizing the government. i think a better plural noun might be obamasm

obamasm of czars

i think we're on the right track. at some point we should co-author an article for wikipedia about the obamsizing of the government by adding a commy/obamasm of czars. do you think they'd delete it?

top topics

join