It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, it is your responsibility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, the biggest problem that faces both the Christian and Islamic religions is there propensity for literalism. Paul warned against literalist religion when he said, "The letter kills, but the spirit gives life."

Christianity has to return to its gnostic roots. If it does not, it will inevitably fail.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Time to stand up guys and gals, and say you have obeyed the bible in its entireity and held strongfast to it in opposition to satan, without claiming, well I'll pray and he'll forgive me, cause if you know its wrong and do it anyways there is no forgiveness and you know I know it, and you know I know that you know it, and your supposed almighty knows it!

No paradox there.
Can you show me some Scripture that backs that claim? All people sin (even willfully), including true born again believers, and Paul makes very clear the struggle a true believer has. Your claims of what you would and would not do if you were a Christian only show that you have never felt that struggle before and that you don't truly understand Biblical Christianity. But you are not alone in this thread.

With all the people painting these broad strokes about most Christians, let's see you put up some real numbers or honestly, you should keep quiet. Honest discussion starts with honest terms.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Biblical Chrisitianity was never rooted in gnosticism. The secret societies and elite of the NWO are, though. In fact, the New Age is the religion of the Biblical Anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by derekcollins79

Yeah, okay. If that's what you want to believe. It isn't the "new age" that is fighting a new "crusade" and bombing the hell out of people.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
THE SIMPLISTIC approach on Christianity is this. This is what I believe and how I live my life. I am no way near perfect, nor claim or pretend to be, nor do I even try to get others to think like me. I am just an example of my philosophy. Sometimes that is all it takes.

One of my first lessons I learned in Sunday school was not to judge. Its not good to judge. If your a christian you are no better then any other breathing creature in this world. You just believe in God, and have something to pray to when you pray. It is proven prayer makes a difference in life. I think it is healthy, to find the hero inside of you at times. Also their are allot of stories in the bible that are good, all around stories that provide a wise view on scenario's of day to day. It also does a good job in teaching people right from wrong. If your smart enough you can learn right from wrong from the bible instead of the Judicial system.

It is my responsibility to live my life doing the best I can do be good. Thanking God for being alive, and being something in this Universe.

Best thing to remember about evil, or people of evil, the truth always reveals itself, evil seems to always turn upon itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah, okay. If that's what you want to believe. It isn't the "new age" that is fighting a new "crusade" and bombing the hell out of people.
It isn't Biblical Christianity, either. Not sure if you are referring to GWB or not, but that guy certainly isn't a "true" Christian, but he is involved with occult and gnosticism as a member of Skull and Bones.

I got involved in New Age for a certain time period, and some of these truth teachers will sell your soul down the river. They give you some truth, then you believe everything they say... that's how they want it to work anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Derek, to an extent,I think that is correct. The world is full of half truths. Yes, I agree that there are elements of the "new age" that probably are not kosher. However, I am not going to paint anyone with a broad brush.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I understand what you are saying, but this, too, is New Age philosophy (the hero inside of you and something in this "capital "U" universe) and it's not Christianity.

Some of the best Scripture on true Chrisitianity: John 14:6 and Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus in John 3.

Grace is the only way to inherit the kingdom of God, and Jesus is the way to that grace. He that repents and trusts in Christ is born again, and lest a man be born again, he shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

With all my heart I implore you to do a deeper study of New Age, and you'll find that it's roots are in the occult.

Helena Blavatsky, Alice Bailey, Aleister Crowley, Manly P. Hall, Adolf Hitler, Theosophy...

I ask you with everything inside of me to dig deeper.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Apparently, you equate the occult with Satanism... They are two entirely different things. Most of the occultists that I have encountered don't even believe in a Satan. They say that it is a "Christian invention."

However, Derek, I have dully noted what you are saying. I understand where you are coming from.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

TRUE, Christianity? New age? A christian in the 21st century is living in a very complex age. I feel confident enough to say when I die, I have a good chance of going to heaven. That is all I can say. All I can hope for. I am doing my best to be a christian. No man can be a judge of that.. Thats all I can say.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

You do realize that Heaven is reserved for God and his angels, right? No where does he promise that any man find himself in heaven. God promises that the "meek shall inherit the earth," not heaven.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I know that some that practice the occult do not believe in an actual being called Satan or Lucifer. Some, do, though. For some it's an idea, for others it's a real being they believe in.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

TRUE, Christianity? New age? A christian in the 21st century is living in a very complex age. I feel confident enough to say when I die, I have a good chance of going to heaven. That is all I can say. All I can hope for. I am doing my best to be a christian. No man can be a judge of that.. Thats all I can say.
Jesus defines true Christianity... I take no one else's word for it. And what he says about judging is this...

John 7:24 (King James Version)

24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The only thing we can make a righteous judgment by is Scripture. I certainly can't judge you from my own understanding, but I can tell you that Scripture does not equate true or Biblical Christianity with what you said. Jesus said unless you are born again, you will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Scripture also makes it clear that no man is good enough own his own volition. We've all fallen short of the glory of God.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Jesus promised his followers that where he would be, they also would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Why don't any of these Christians stand up for Jesus and peace and good?
My guess is because most of them are to busy working for a bigger TV or newer car - I think they call it greed.

On the other hand, it could be that those "true" Christians, the ones that are committed to their faith and they live their live sold out to God, don't have time to "stand up" for Jesus, not because they're seeking earthly gain, but because they're out helping the downtrodden and desperate and spreading the gospel.

Why are you doing missionary work in all four corners of the globe, when it seems you're most needed work is at home?

Some Christians don't stay in their homeland because that's simply not where God wants them to be.

Christians rarely go where it's dangerous for Christians.

I know several people that are in jungles or in muslim countries. China even. There are more Christian workers in these places than you would think. They just can't say that they're there because the countries would throw them out if they caught wind that the were preaching about Jesus. [One of the families I know in Africa calls their country Narnia because the nation is closed to Christian missionaries.]

[edit on 6/6/2009 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

When. . .WHEN are you going to step up and defend Christ, God and the rest of us from these perversions of your faith? When are you going to start defending the poor souls that get seduced by these people?

If you look, you'll see plenty of normal churches and Christians doing what they're supposed to do. I strive every day to be one of these. While I think that some aspects of fundalmentalism is wrong [such as the KJV-only movement, the refusal to adapt to the times, and the tendency to Pharisaicalism], I'm not going to waste my precious time getting into squabbles with these people. They've heard the arguments and they don't want to listen and change. I need to live my life in a way that's glorifying to God and Christ and spread his message and help those that he came to save.

I think that the reason fundalmentalism seems so prevalent in Christianity today is because that is the only side of it that is seen on TV. And since many people won't take the time to go and investigate churches, it's just assumed that that is what most Christians are like. I thought that before I became a Christian. It's a very similar to what is done with Muslims. Many Americans think that the only Muslims are the extremists that live in a cave.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Hi Octotom, good to read you again. Would like you to know that when I posted "Sorry but I think most Christians are the same" I had you in mind, any other time I would have posted ALL christians are the same.
I'm going to keep following these threads and asking questions until I understand true Chistianity. Maybe mean, greedy Christains ARE the majority, meaning true Christian. We'll see.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Some questions to ponder:

Does majority necessarily = true?
If the Bible teaches that not all that profess Christianity are true believers, then is it possible that the majority that profess Christianity aren't born again?

Matthew 7 is a good read on the last question.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by derekcollins79

I know that some that practice the occult do not believe in an actual being called Satan or Lucifer. Some, do, though. For some it's an idea, for others it's a real being they believe in.

Is there any actual scripture that states that Lucifer and Satan are in fact the same being?
Because I have never come across any.
Related, yes. Same being? Nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join