It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorothy Brown says she won't take cash from county employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Dorothy Brown says she won't take cash from county employees

www.chicagotribune.com

Dorothy Brown's campaign literature says she puts "professionalism over politics," but the veteran Cook County Circuit Court clerk has long accepted annual cash gifts from her employees -- a relic of Illinois' political patronage system that raises questions about coercion
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsblogs.chicagotribun e.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Happy Birthday your lordship! Here is that envelope of cash you wanted to help get my project going and for that state grant money. Welcome to Crook County where cash is king.

This behavior doesn't surprise me one bit but it infuriates me! These Illinois politicians are some of the slimiest around. The County Clerk in the story says that it is okay to receive cash gifts from supporters. I say why not give the women a cake or flowers, but cash, come on; there is always something sinister behind cash to politicians. Sometimes I think these public servants are only in it to increase their pocket books rather than doing the will of the tax payers. People just seem to accept this type of behavior, because these crooks keep getting elected.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
it is also because we the people do not converge on them with the wrath of hell

which we should, if we care ...

new topics

join