It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think I will make a list of every person who has posted in this thread to highlight how utterly moronic they are.

ONE MORE TIME...

THE ARTICLE CLEARLY STATES THAT NASA CONCLUDES MAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GLOBAL WARMING AS DOES THE ARTICLE ITSELF.

MODS : THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD AND ARTICLE ARE A LIE !

What are you doing about it ?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Number ONE on the list is this

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting: You shouldn't lie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yet this is an absolute LIE.

Where is the consistency in this ? It is a blatant lie as to what the article was saying - sorry but this is out of order.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm guessing this WON'T be some 'Knowing' (the movie) style mass death on earth then?

Still, what the article is entailing is bad in itself..

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
I'm guessing this WON'T be some 'Knowing' (the movie) style mass death on earth then?

The article reaserts that NASA sees global warming as man made AND NOT AS THE ORIGINAL POSTERS HAS CLAIMED - WHICH IS A BLATANT LIE AND NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH BY THE MODS....

WHEN YOUR READY MODS -----WAITING..

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

The article reaserts that NASA sees global warming as man made AND NOT AS THE ORIGINAL POSTERS HAS CLAIMED - WHICH IS A BLATANT LIE AND NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH BY THE MODS....

While the NASA study acknowledged the sun's influence on warming and cooling patterns, it then went badly off the tracks. Ignoring its own evidence, it returned to an argument that man had replaced the sun as the cause current warming patterns.

Source

Ok, what am I missing here? To me it appears that the OP is right on. No???

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chemley

Originally posted by audas

While the NASA study acknowledged the sun's influence on warming and cooling patterns, it then went badly off the tracks. Ignoring its own evidence, it returned to an argument that man had replaced the sun as the cause current warming patterns.

Source

Ok, what am I missing here? To me it appears that the OP is right on. No???

Absolutely not - the NASA study claims that Man is primary cause for the modern phenomenom of global warming deviating of historical long term trends. The OP claims that the NASA agrees that solar cycles are to blame and not man - this is completely incorrect according to NASA and all logic - there are and always have been influences by the sun and many other factors - NASA has merely pointed this out - the article simply claims that NASA is wrong in NASA's own findings, not that NASA has made some new announcement or finding. This is profoundly disingenuous from the author of the article and a complete fabrication in the headline of this thread.

The very fact that the MODS of ATS have chose to ignore their own rules and regulations on this matter PROVES their bias on AGW - they have repeatedly sided with posters such as electricUniverse who is probably the BIGGEST TROLL on ats and censured people who have been the victims of incessant baiting - yet when presented with a clear LIE in a thread - nothing is done.

ATS - moves further and further into just another myspace /blog/ junk portal when it fails so completely.

The title of this thread is a total LIE - and needs to be corrected - again - I challenge the MODS to stick to their own - BRAND NEW -ethics and codes of conduct.......

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

And i suggest all people in New Orleans to buy boat houses... their now they can't say i didn't warn them

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FocusedWolf
reply to post by Keyhole

And i suggest all people in New Orleans to buy boat houses... their now they can't say i didn't warn them

Don't forget Florida. Let me make it easy for the mentally retarded that squat this site:

Some parts of land lie below sea level, but are protected by natural barriers.

Melting polar ice make sea levels rise.

Rising sea levels flood the barriers, and the lowland, meaning large parts of Louisiana and Florida.

But that doesn't matter as long as you don't live there, right?

In any case, it's just a bunch of greenies and zombie minions that care, and they're all wrong because Michael Crichton said so, that stuff only happens on TV, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi
reply to So I have to ask, is this really news at all? Surely no one believes that solar cylces have nothing to do with Global Warming. But the point is, that our activities are acting as a catalyst to increase the severity of the effects. It's pretty obvious. The evidence that the earth is heating up beyond anything in human experience (at least since the the last ice age cycle - about 100K years ago), is undeniable. But faced with this inconvenient truth and its implications, some choose to attack the messengers. Yet they do not realize that even in their obstinance, that they are wrong and will not prevail. Human history itself testifies against doing nothing. We are a species of change action. We WILL do 'something' in an attempt to save ourselves.

So the only real question is, whether the people in denial now will play a role in determining that action. Don't like the current Kyoto concept, then get real and get constructive, and contribute to the solution.

seems you are the one believing in fairy tales, if you equate human development and survival with actually deliberately altering the earth's climate to a manner of our choosing.

These "progressives"really make me laugh
they all need to feel they are part of something larger, one big world human connection, I think a lot of mental illness undlerlies this human state

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The lie that is man made global warming was designed to achieve one thing, and one thing only. That being a new stream of tax revenues. They know that people would not accept huge increases in direct taxation across the board, so they came up with this. What better way to get people to agree to a whole new set of taxes, than making them believe they are destroying their own planet. It also opens up a whole new market for trading pieces of paper that have only theoretical value - carbon credits.

Countries have ever increasing national debts, and need ever increasing tax revenues to meet the repayments. This will always be the case in a fractional reserve system. The new tax systems are all in place now (or have been ratified for implementation in the near future), so even if the truth becomes mainstream, there is not a lot people can do about it. Man made global warming is big business, nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by mrmanuva]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmanuva
The lie that is man made global warming was designed to achieve one thing, and one thing only. That being a new stream of tax revenues. They know that people would not accept huge increases in direct taxation, so they came up with this. What better way to get people to agree to a whole new set of taxes, than making them believe they are destroying their own planet. It also opens up a whole new market for trading pieces of paper that have only theoretical value - carbon credits.

Countries have ever increasing national debts, and need ever increasing tax revenues to meet the repayments. This will always be the case in a fractional reserve system. The new tax systems are all in place now (or have been ratified for implementation in the near future), so even if the truth becomes mainstream, there is not a lot people can do about it. Man made global warming is big business, nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by mrmanuva]

yep, taxation is a big part of it, combined with the soft totalitarian mental illness that afflicts "liberals"/"progressives" where nothing is outside the state, all of us working together as part of the great state

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Indeed, the warped perception of the individual is allowing many undesirable changes to appear in the global political arena. Having suggested taxation as the main factor, I also forgot to mention the increasing price of fossil fuels - if they are bad for the world, their price must increase.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

For crying outloud stop being so annoying, and why aren't moderators warnning this audas kid about his usual resort to call members moronic?

The article that is linked is from May 2008.
So first, if that is really the artcle they were talking about, is nothing new.
Second, there are more recent "peer-reviewed" research work which corrororates the fact that CO2 is not the cause of the warning, but of course, audas is too much himself what he calls others to realize this.

Are mods not warning annoying people like Audas who keep doing nothing more than insult other members?

[edit on 8-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Could you link in some of that "more recent "peer-reviewed" research work"?

I'd be interested in reading it.

Thanks, in advance.....

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Satchmo Bevins

Here you will find some of the links I have given in the recent past.
There are others which I have posted in other threads similar to this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join