It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Was posted a day ago here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Good reply. You emphasize the point that most Global Warming skeptics ignore - doing nothing is not an intelligent response!

It reminds me of the story from Herodotus about the Spartans at Thermopolaye and a defensive wall across the pass. It seems that when they first got there, that there was much dispute about the best place to build the wall. It went on for a while, until Leonaides walked away, picked up a rock from the cliffs, and layed it in the middle of the pass. He then repeated this, until all the others joined in, and before long a wall was constructed. He knew that an imperfect wall was better than no wall at all.

So I have to ask, is this really news at all? Surely no one believes that solar cylces have nothing to do with Global Warming. But the point is, that our activities are acting as a catalyst to increase the severity of the effects. It's pretty obvious. The evidence that the earth is heating up beyond anything in human experience (at least since the the last ice age cycle - about 100K years ago), is undeniable. But faced with this inconvenient truth and its implications, some choose to attack the messengers. Yet they do not realize that even in their obstinance, that they are wrong and will not prevail. Human history itself testifies against doing nothing. We are a species of change action. We WILL do 'something' in an attempt to save ourselves.

So the only real question is, whether the people in denial now will play a role in determining that action. Don't like the current Kyoto concept, then get real and get constructive, and contribute to the solution.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm confused. This basically debunks the whole global warming/polar bears are dying/al gore save us myth.
And then instead of looking at the facts, natural cycles, solar influences, not people or "cow farts" you tie in pollution and say that the global warming debunkers want mercury or plastic in fish (something along those lines).
We're talking about two separate issues here. Kyoto Treaties, cap in trade, aren't going to clean our waterways.
They will put tons of people out of work, raise our taxes to obscene levels, and put in power nutjobs like Al who stand to make billions off this created hype.
If you want Al and GE and the White House to get that much more power and more of our money then write them a check and leave the rest of us alone.

In my humble opinion, of course. . .

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Setting Gore aside for a moment.

Whats the difference whether it is a man made issue or nature? The facts are the planet is heating up. The ice caps are getting smaller the ocean levels will rise. It has happened in the past and is happening again.

So....

What are we going to do? Wait until we have another New Orleans but this time across the entire gulf state region?

What makes you think mankind can stop it if it is a natural cycle? I would rather let nature takes it course than have mankind try to muck it up with more kneejerk reactions.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Little Al has made $100,000,000 so far off his snake oil man made global warming show. I think he should be held in treason of mankind due to his premeditated falsified 'facts', and those who officially endorsed him should be banned from high profile public service for the rest of their natural lives, and be made to clean our nation's highways and reststop restrooms for that time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't think there is much we can do at all, especially if it is a natural cycle!

Maybe just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Yeah, and then after we're all burnt up, what do we do then? Hope for the best?

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
yeah, i'll trust NASA. please.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi
reply to post by malcr

The evidence that the earth is heating up beyond anything in human experience (at least since the the last ice age cycle - about 100K years ago), is undeniable.

And do you really think that if humans were alive then we could have stopped an ice age? No way.

I agree that humans contribute to global warming, but I believe it's negligible. This is the natural build-up of our planet which is going to scare the heck out of people -- especially when we get to the zero point. Wait until everyone sees what the Earth does to right itself -- which it will and history has proven.

What we can agree on is the utter destruction we are doing to the rest of the planet. There is no reason for us to be destroying animals, nature, the oceans -- anything that gets in our path. There's where I think our focus and money should be spent.

We are destroying our planet -- but not with global warming. (IMHO)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I doubt that good ole Al has anything more than the talking points, graphs, and slides that were given to him anyway. I imagine a smoke filled room with the puppet masters laughing and enjoying this thread.

They had an idea to keep the lemmings busy until the end. On one side fund wars (do you know how many millions of gallons of gas are burned a day by the military's ?) and finance instability and discord. On the other side, convince us that we need more taxes, more regulations, less freedoms etc. To save a planet and the people that they despise. Oh and while they are at it, they divert billions (trillions?) of dollars to build every sort of underground bunker for themselves, seeds, etc. What is the purpose? What are they planning for?

Well I don't know. What I do know is that a few months ago, I looked around at all of the JUNK I had accumulated over the years and felt sick. We are a family of 7 that overnight went from 10 - 12 bags of trash a week to 2 - 4. A little creative recycling and composting and boom, everything changed.

Without getting too far off topic, I guess what I am saying is that it is about personal choice and global responsibility and conscious. We need to be the change that we want to see in the world. I mean seriously, let us think about what we are doing every day, every decision. I remember a time when I stopped every morning at the local convenience store for a tea or coffee. That is 300 some plastic or Styrofoam cups in the land fill every year as one person. Man. I was so irresponsible for soooo many years!

Thanks for the thread giving me a chance to rant a bit!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Denying man made global warming is pure unadulterated selfish armchair ignorance.

Responsible Line 5 : We've screwed up let us at least TRY and effect change for the sake of our children.

Global warming, like other issues such as war, poverty, hunger, etc, is just a symptom of the greater problem: human psychology.

Human psychology is so corrupted, so ignorant and so vile, that it is safe to say we are a failed branch on the evolutionary tree and it is only a matter of time before that branch breaks.

Or gets broken off.

But as the instigator, and the only one's capable of changing things, we have the responsibility to, at the very least, try to rectify the issues.

Who knows, we may do something right for a change.

*(Edited to make sense. Punctuation fail!)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Satchmo Bevins]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I personally believe that the warming is a natural cycle, but I also think we should treat our planet with respect try not to pollute, recycle everything that we can and leave as much of the planet as possible in a natural state. These enviromentalist are just using scare tactics and half truths to get what they want, money! I mean does anyone really want to destroy the planet, yes there are some and if you let corporations do what they want they will pollute to no end to make an extra buck. By using their current approach to me they are only hurting themselves. By being so unreasonable that people that who do not agree with them will not give anything they say any attention because the current enviromentalist are extremist. Therefore I think they are actually hurting the enviromental movement. If they truly care about the environment, why don't they approach the problem with a common sense attitude and just go after the companies or people who truly are putting out an unreasonable amout of pollution? Yes I know the answer is above , money. It's basically the same thing as the current Drug War.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
CO2 I have issues with as it can be beneficial to plants and I have read somewhere that there are carbon sinks int he oceans which store the carbon. Maybe we should stop destroying trees and plants unneedlessly as that is also hampering with the CO2 balance as plants give out oxygen which we breathe.

Plus also the junk that these governments are putting into the air.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdychemist
CO2 I have issues with as it can be beneficial to plants and I have read somewhere that there are carbon sinks int he oceans which store the carbon. Maybe we should stop destroying trees and plants unneedlessly as that is also hampering with the CO2 balance as plants give out oxygen which we breathe.

Plus also the junk that these governments are putting into the air.

I agree with what you are saying. The CO2 balance argument is so laughable to me. I mean really, does someone want to tax us for breathing too much? I have an idea, let us spread throughout the world, cut down masses of trees that "breath" CO2 and "exhale" oxygen, then let us come back to the organisms (specifically humans) that exhale CO2 and tax the output of it. Hmm, what do we have here? Let us think for a moment and realize that ultimately you could be taxed to breathe. And if you cannot pay that tax??? If you aren't deemed worthy? If you do not produce an appropriate amount in the tax man's eyes?

About 20 years ago the argument was against CFCs. Remember that? That was when the talking point was Chlorofluorocarbon and all that came of that was that Madonna lost AquaNet...

If this is sane, put me away. I prefer to be insane. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
NASA read this book

I don't see any dates on when the analysis took place
but a correlation between Earth dynamics, yeah one was
1938 and one in 1956.

Fairly conclusive.

Eccentricity and inclination for 1000s of years in the past and in
the future plotted with glacial advances and retreats. (page 101)

Celestial mechanics even discovered the King Herod lunar eclipse
on Friday March 13 3BC as near the Christ birth day.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Now that NASA has given the evidence that man and woman has not caused past global heat cycles, does this mean that the state of California can get rid of their ( Literally hundreds ) of global warming caused laws and regulations and codes and in other states stickers that say not to be sold in California.

Now they will shift from global warming to global fogging. It will be clean air huggers now that global warming from man lost its credibility. Then their will be people who say the smog is just from cycles and smog has been around for millions of years, and we will go through all of this all over again.

See we will.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This isn't news, people that have actually researched this before have known about this.

The Earth goes through warm periods, and cold periods. We are just coming out of the last mini ice age, the planet is bound to warm up.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try and preserve our climate. After all we still have to breathe the air, and drink the water, and eat the animals.

Don't worry bout Gore, I am sure he has a team working on figuring out how man is responsible for the sun getting hotter.
That or trying to find the elusive Manbearpig!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

IMO, it is pretty obvious that Global Warming is a combination of both factors, man and solar.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
this is a classic wedge

now do we have to choose sides???

the solar cycle team or the global warming club

it cant be that simple. We are making huge stuffups in the way we have been exploiting this planet and its gifts and we can't continue to do so.

We also can't ignore the influences the rest of the universe has on our planet and everything in and on it.

Its so typical that we end up arguing and taking sides. Its wedge politics. It serves no one but those who have or want to maintain some control over us/you/the planet/nature...

it always happens on every issue that is important.

Solar cycle + man made atmosphere destruction = lets deal with it

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge

I don't think there is much we can do at all, especially if it is a natural cycle!

The myth of Global Warming is that we are causing the Earth to unnaturally heat up. Now this shows that is not the case you want us to unnaturally force the Earth to cool down instead of letting nature take its course.

A bit hypocritical don't you think?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge

The myth of Global Warming is that we are causing the Earth to unnaturally heat up. Now this shows that is not the case you want us to unnaturally force the Earth to cool down instead of letting nature take its course.

A bit hypocritical don't you think?

You guys are seriously off tap - the article itself acknowledges that NASA concluded man is the primary cause of the current phase - no one - not a single scientist on earth - has ever said that other factors are not inovled.

This article backs that up =- LEARN TO READ !!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join