It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Intends to Hire Lobbyist in Campaign to Buttress Its Image/ We're watching you Bernanke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

June 5 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve intends to hire a veteran lobbyist as it seeks to counter skepticism in Congress about the central bank’s growing power over the U.S. financial system, people familiar with the matter said. Linda Robertson currently handles government, community and public affairs at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, and headed the Washington lobbying office of Enron Corp., the energy trading company that collapsed in 2002 after an accounting scandal. She was also an adviser to all three of the Clinton administration’s Treasury secretaries.

Robertson would help the Fed manage relations with lawmakers seeking greater oversight of a central bank that has used emergency powers to prevent Wall Street’s demise. While she wasn’t tied to Enron’s fraud, her association with the firm may raise questions, analysts said. “Some members of Congress think there are votes in attacking the Fed” after it “unnecessarily and unwisely entangled monetary policy with fiscal policy,” said former St. Louis Fed President William Poole. “The Fed is going to have a tricky time of unwinding what has been done” and will need to “keep in touch with members of Congress more thoroughly,” said Poole, now senior fellow with the Cato Institute in Washington.Robertson served under Treasury Secretaries Lawrence Summers, Robert Rubin and Lloyd Bentsen. She didn’t return calls seeking comment. Summers Tie

Hilarious. The fed is trying to do alittle damage control...and they are using a LOBBYIST who was an advisor to 3 different Treasury Secretaries....including heading the LOBBYING OFFICE OF ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.
Hire a scumbag to protect the house of scumbags.

What's next?

WE"RE WATCHING YOU BERNANKE!!!!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Oh dear, this appears to be a nice little train wreck. I sure hope people prove themselves to be smart enough to see through the charades after a few months of this.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I unlike others think Ben is pretty underrated.

I like what has happened so far this year and the markets I guess would seem to agree.

We are entering the make or break point here soon/right now according to the charts though.

I would rather have him x1000000 than L. Summers.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You're assuming that we have to have 1 of these 2 men. The lesser of two evils is NOT a choice.

I personally do not trust Bernake as far as I can throw him but, that said, any person in his position will lie to the public and deal underhandedly.

The answer lies not in WHO to put in leadership but in answering the question - do we need or want a central bank anymore. TPTB have benefited greatly from the Fed so I guess that's not a choice either.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is timely indeed. I just today called my Congressman reminding him about Ron Paul's bill to audit the FED. He is yet to join the other 186 co-sponsors of that bill. I also voiced my concerns about a needed audit of Fort Knox. The shipments of gold out of this country far exceeds the amount discovered and refined in the last few years.
TPTB have essentially raped our economy,it would stand to reason that they have also robbed the golden cookie jar.(FT.Knox)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Perhaps this has to do with it,

H.R. 1207:
111th CongressThis is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.
Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress. This bill was created in the 111th Congress, in 2009-2010.
The titles of bills are written by the bill's sponsor and are a part of the legislation itself. GovTrack does not editorialize bill summaries.

2009-2010 Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009

www.govtrack.us...

Is been many protest in Washignton about the lack of transparency in Federal Reserve.

So The fed doesn't like that.

The legislation has been pushed by Representative Ron Paul (R-Texas) for years in his attempts to rein in the Fed. The bill has 175 co-sponsors in the House alone and on February 26, 2009 was referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join