It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK- Right winger arrested under anti-terror law (Ricin found)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A father and son have been arrested in Durham as part of an investigation into terrorism and racial hatred.

A 41-year-old, thought to be involved in extreme right-wing activity, was arrested in Myrtle Grove, Burnopfield, under the Terrorism Act 2000.

The suspected white supremacist was being questioned by counter-terrorism officers on Tuesday.

Apparantly RICIN has been found at the address in Durham.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hmm, call me ignorant but is this the first case of right wing terrorism since the anti-terror laws have been put into place in the UK?

Also what was he going to do with it? Attack a minority group?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i am sorry but i think this news report is 100% a lie

heres why i think this

Where the hell does a civilian get Ricin?

what did the police sell it to him first ?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
ok, i am not an expect on Ricin, so i have a few questions

apparently it comes from Castor beans, but how difficult is it to acquire the equipment to purify and separate it?

could he have just done this at the local community college lab overnight?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"Suspected" here folks. This is most likely bullying of some sort on the part of the government agency involved. We really need more information here.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I suspect he had some mouldy old castor beans in a jar, maybe you get trace amounts of ricin from that, or at least I suspect you might traces of it that way.

Look, if you have sugar in the house, weedkiller in the garden, an old piece of pipe from some plumbing work, and some nails in the toolbox you could be accused of wanting to make bombs. A can of petrol, some old bottles, and a couple of rags you're on your way to petrol bombs. A decent toolbox with some nice power tools, you've all the kit you ever needed to fabricate terrorist equipment. A kitchen and some pans, you're ready to cook up some terror. A few quid in the bank, you're planning to fund terrorism, or are being funded by someone else.

It's all about perspective, the trouble is perspective and common sense died some time ago. Now it's about headlines, over-reaction, creation of fear, creation of hate of minority groups, or those with extreme views (I disagree with those views, but they have the right to be idiots). This is how the NWO strengthens and legitimizes itself with the general population, through engendering fear, manipulation of the reporting of events, and downright lies.

If you have a load of spy thrillers on your bookshelves then you have training manuals for conspiring to commit acts of terrorism, if you taped the news to watch later on your tivo/sky+ box then you are watching a target.

If you post messages to a board like this on the subject you're conspiring with others, or encouraging others, to commit acts of terrorism, oh dear...I'm screwed!

As an aside what provides a false positive in tests for ricin? TPTB have had problems with this sort of thing before, in the same way playing with marzipan can send explosive detectors off the chart. Certain playing cards used to leave traces on hands, was it the Birmingham Six who were done that way as false positive evidence got them life before they were released?

On the other hand this idiot has been cooking up ricin on purpose, then a) he's lucky not to have killed himself doing it, it's not exactly something you want to be making for any reason whatsoever, b) they should throw a sharp edged metal backed copy of the "book" at him repeatedly, and c) they should throw away the key when they lock him up.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
While people's fears of law enforcement going off the rails and charging innocent people are not unfounded, we should also admit that there are plenty nutcases out there who won't hesitate to kill people for | insert cause here | ...

If this guy is a victim of .gov grandstanding, I hope it comes out in court.

If not, I'm glad he got caught before he managed to kill anybody.

Ricin is bad stuff

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Everything they claim this guy to be is suspected. Why not just suspect him of being from Mars while they are at it.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

ok, i am not an expect on Ricin, so i have a few questions

apparently it comes from Castor beans, but how difficult is it to acquire the equipment to purify and separate it?

could he have just done this at the local community college lab overnight?

Ricin can be extracted using common chemical techniques

en.wikipedia.org...

Manufacture
Ricin is easily purified from castor-oil manufacturing waste. The aqueous phase left over from the oil extraction process is called waste mash. It contains about 5-10% ricin by weight. Separation requires only simple chromatographic techniques.

[edit] Patented extraction process
The process for extracting ricin is well known and has been described in a patent.[23] The described extraction method is very similar to that used for the preparation of soy protein isolates.

The patent was removed from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) database sometime in 2004, but it is still available online through international patent databases.[24][25] Modern theories of protein chemistry cast doubt on the effectiveness of the methods disclosed in the patent.[26]
/quote]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
All quiet on this now, no news.
I think the cops have overstepped the mark and have let him go.

Ricin indeed!

top topics

join