It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child rape survivor saves 'virgin myth' victims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Child rape survivor saves 'virgin myth' victims.

us.cnn.com

Like many young girls in Zimbabwe, Hope was the victim of a widely held belief that if a man with HIV or AIDS rapes a virgin he will be cured of his disease. This so-called virgin myth, perpetuated by Zimbabwe's traditional healers, has led to the rape of hundreds of girls, according to UNICEF. Some of those victims are too young to walk, much less protect themselves.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
girlchildnetworkworldwide.org

[edit on 6-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This so-called virgin myth, perpetuated by Zimbabwe's traditional healers, has led to the rape of thousands of girls.

"Ten girls per day report rape cases," she said. "It means if we keep quiet, at least 3,600 girls per year may just be contracting HIV and AIDS."

What better way for the PTB to commit genocide, cripple children emotionally and physically, kill before they can procreate along with the demoralize and subjugate women from within, than from this *myth*?

Regardless where the rumor started - babies *that can’t even walk yet* are being raped to *cure* AIDS.

Beyond the *Virgin Cure Myth* the number of child rapes in Zimbabwe is credited to be one of the highest in the world.

As a weapon of war, the plague of hate, a *myth* for a cure.

Here’s someone who did something about it.

"I was raped when I was 6 years old," she recalled. Her attacker was a local shopkeeper. Makoni said her mother would not allow her to report the abuse.

"She said, 'Shh, we don't say that in public,' " Makoni remembered. "I had no shoulder to cry on."
Three years later, she witnessed her father murder her mother. In that moment, Makoni said she realized the potentially deadly consequence of a woman's silence.

"I told myself that no girl or woman will suffer the same again," she said.

The *Girl Child Network* was born.
girlchildnetworkworldwide.org...

"I [said] to girls, 'Let's have our own space where we talk and find solutions,' " Makoni said. Girl Child Network was born.

us.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I’d like to know where this myth started.

my guess would be by the same people who designed and released the virus.

just a guess.....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
this is disgusting. God help these poor children. I have four daughters, and just the thought of this act against helpless children makes me want to vomit.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

With Zimbabwe's health sector in ruins, witchdoctors are busy

link

The collapsing health sector in Zimbabwe, once among the best in Africa, is forcing thousands of the sick to seek out traditional healers or "witchdoctors" for treatment, human rights groups say.
Zimbabwe's National Medical Association says there are said to be fewer than 900 doctors serving a population of 11.5 million.

Out of the same mouth lamenting the sever lack of physicians - comes the urge to send the sick back to “traditional healer”.

"Healers", usually with no formal training, have become an option of last resort for many sufferers. The cures are concocted from roots, barks, leaves, animal parts and, occasionally, human organs.
Julius Churi, a traditional healer performs diagnoses using four animal bones, throwing them the air then analyzing the pattern in which they fall.

His remedies are drawn from traditional juices drawn from boiled roots, grass and leaves. Mr Churi says, his increasing number of clients have a revived faith in the supernatural. "People are discovering that traditional medicines work more effectively than modern medicines," he says.

So - these are the kinds of *Healers* the PTB are sending their sick to?

"Our methods are more effective because they are informed by supernatural powers. I am unlike these doctors who went to school to learn to treat patients. I communicate directly with the Gods and spirits and they are the ultimate owners of humanity".

Most pointedly and specifically the *sick* people who’re suffering from AIDS.

Why? So more die.

"The youngest girl I ever came across was a day-old baby who was raped," said Makoni, 37.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ok this has agenda written all over it

i have never seen any evidence of this, although i admit i have heard of it several times

but why this why now?

it just really really feels like the source is exaggerating a bit and trying to harm the image of someone i know virtually nothing about it (other than what is available for reading online or in books)

so im not going to form a super negative opinion of them unless i see evidence

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
people can make up quotes all day

the least i would seek before i began uttering condemnations of anyone, is government or hospital records showing the Number of victims

if it is real , and i wouldnt be surprised, than i would like to know who is telling the "healers" to spread this?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That's really disturbing news. Besides the obvious moral and social issues that arise, no scientific study could remotely show a correlation between the raping of virgins leading to the curing of HIV/AIDS. It just makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What more evidence do you need than thousands of babies raped a year?

These women were RAPED as little children - At 6 years old, at 14, some so young they couldn't even walk - and you're going to make a quip like “People can make up quotes all day” - like they're lying?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

the least i would seek before i began uttering condemnations of anyone, is government or hospital records showing the Number of victims

Could you be any more ignorant if you tried?

WHAT records? WHAT hospital?

Don't you get it?

"Put simply, people are dying of AIDS before they can starve to death”

And you think they can just head on over to theri hospital???

"What can you take when there are no drugs in state hospitals, no doctors to give any advice, no equipment to even examine your blood pressure and basically nothing to do anything for you when you enter state hospitals and clinics?”

As if they've got room for a little girl baby who's been raped by a man with AIDS into a place that already has NOTHING?
She's as good as dead already!

These rapes happen and you’re looking for statistics? Or you'd believe the Government?

UNREAL

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What more evidence do you need than thousands of babies raped a year?

These women were RAPED as little children - At 6 years old, at 14, some so young they couldn't even walk - and you're going to make a quip like “People can make up quotes all day” - like they're lying?

here is why im not going to just believe you without evidence

"billions of babies are Killed Daily in Rhode Island by mailmen"

so you should hate all mailmen in RI now because i said so?

NO
Demand Evidence before you execute the criminal, thanks

and no they are not lying, as far as im concerned "they" do not exist until proven

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

These rapes happen and you’re looking for statistics? Or you'd believe the Government?

UNREAL

I think your the one believing junk before you confirm it

your belief is based 100% on faith and prejudice and assumption

REAL

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
the real truth? this started with the `supporters` of Robert Mugabe and his thugs - so they can do what they like to little girls

yet another reason to kill that piece of #.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

as far as im concerned "they" do not exist until proven

If I didn't know better I'd think you were an official (male) from Zimbabwe.
You sound just like one.

Here’s who *They* are.

An estimated 60,000 girls are members of the Girl Child Network Zimbabwe and thousands of girls have been transformed from victims into survivors and leaders. With over 700 girls clubs in, 80% of the members live in remote parts of the country. Despite overwhelming obstacles, including threats, detention and smear campaigns, Betty Makoni and the group continue to champion the rights of the girl child today in Zimbabwe and beyond.

Now run along and play, I'm through dealing with someone of such ignorance.

The FACTS are there, the raped children, the abuse, the dying, etc.

You’re either just looking for a fight - which you’re not going to get, or something more sinister I wont even contemplate.

*Talk to the hand*

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Zimbabwe, 40 000 girls are raped annually before they turn 17, Makoni said. Every day, the Girl Child Network receives at least one report of a girl below 16 who have been raped, with some victims as young as six months old. 350 rape cases have been reported to us so far this year.

Zimbabwe has among the worst HIV/AIDS statistics in the world so, for many of these girls, rape will be a death sentence. But for the older girls it will be a death sentence possibly preceded by the heartache and anguish of watching their sick babies die first

Link

Regardless the reason, the *Rape Cure Myth* - or not, 40,000 girls are raped.

Regardless of the reason, it’s genocide at it's most horrific.

UNICEF “shocked and outraged” at latest case of child rape in Zimbabwe

UNICEF today said it “condemned in the strongest possible terms” news of more horrific sexual child abuse cases in Zimbabwe.

The newspaper reported that the magistrate presiding over the case “made it clear that [the rapist] raped the girl hoping to heal his sexually transmitted diseases.”

In two additional cases, also reported in Monday’s Herald, a 22-year-old man has been charged with raping his seven-year-old twin sisters, while a 76-year-old man has been charged with sexual assault after he allegedly abused an 11-year-old girl.

Last year alone, a local NGO recorded 4,146 cases of sexual abuse against children in its area of operation alone.
“This means 11 children were sexually abused every day of last year,” said Kavishe, “and these are only the cases reported. This should be a cause for national outrage and every citizen must make it their duty to stamp out this evil afflicting Zimbabwe’s children.”

And how many go unreported?

So yes, I agree, the reduction of the World’s population must be accomplished - It's only too abhorrent the wrong people are dying.

peace

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't see what reducing these peoples' population would do or why the PTB would want it. They don't use (barely) any energy, and god knows don't eat much.

I think what everyone here is forgetting is that there are just (no offense intended) backward cultures in a lot of African areas (and a few other parts around the world). If we encounter something we don't understand or find despicable, we may try to attribute some known power or reason to it, to explain it. Take that other 'story' about young boys 'receiving manliness' by performing a certain activity on older members of the tribe once they reach a certain age, in some far eastern tribe. No agenda, just backward culture and something we have never come across.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
AS A MOTHER OF 4 DAUGHTERS

WHAT IS HAPPING IN THIS COUNTRY IS JUST SOOOO FREAKING WRONG. AND ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY DEATHS OF THESE BABIES AND GIRLS THERE HABE BEEN . THIS HAS TO BE STOPED.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
I don't see what reducing these peoples' population would do or why the PTB would want it. They don't use (barely) any energy, and god knows don't eat much.

I think what everyone here is forgetting is that there are just (no offense intended) backward cultures in a lot of African areas (and a few other parts around the world). If we encounter something we don't understand or find despicable, we may try to attribute some known power or reason to it, to explain it. Take that other 'story' about young boys 'receiving manliness' by performing a certain activity on older members of the tribe once they reach a certain age, in some far eastern tribe. No agenda, just backward culture and something we have never come across.

African Civilizations and the Spread of Islam

The spread of Islam into Africa tied the continent more closely to the civilizations of Eurasia. In much of Africa, the fusion of Islamic and indigenous culture produced an important synthesis. In other areas of Africa, particularly south of the southern rain forests, Bantu concepts of kingship and state formation continued to develop without much contact with Islamic culture. When Europeans arrived in Africa in the fifteenth century, they discovered powerful kingdoms that already had long histories and patterns of trade that linked Africa to the wider commercial world.

occawlonline.pearsoned.com...

Few people these days have any idea what a great continent Africa once was. There was a time when many educated Africans were respected members of European civilisation.

However whites pillaged Africa, destroying their societies and stealing the best of their young men for slaves. Our countries grew rich at the expense of theirs, and those enjoying cheap labour and abundance of resources found there were always afraid the blacks would one day assert themselves and throw the leeches out.

You can't imagine what was done to the economies of African states to keep them poor.

Then, in the sixties, a virus was carefully mutated in Africa and spread through the population. This is African aids, actually a slightly different virus to that constructed later and used on the West. The slight difference has resulted in leaders not believing it is aids at all, resulting in even more tragedy as governments there reject medical treatment for it.

Then, as if this was not already, a culture of rape was fostered. Africa was not always like that. You can be sure that Muzzleflash expressed a grain of truth when he wondered just who were persuading African "shamans" to prescribe the rape of children as a cure.

And the Catholic church decided to make things even worse, telling Africans it was against God's will to use condoms! You can be sure that such an edict coming from that corrupt and greedy organisation was not made for the benefit of man or of God, but only to further its own devious ends.

Your conviction that Africa is not worth the elites worrying about, that it is insignificant and a threat to no-one, is proof that the schemes of the west have succeeded.

top topics

join