It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 passes, and nothing happens...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Of course something is always happening. Like I said, anything is possible. But can we truly "predict" such grand events? Maybe. And maybe not. This thread is about what we can do positively if nothing happens. I say we all make a pact to put all predictions aside forever if this prediction, the biggest prediction ever, does not come true. Imagine if it really turns out that nothing like anyone has predicted happens in 2012... how much time and brainpower would have been wasted on the predicted events of 2012. On the other hand, if one of the predicted events does happen then all of this right here is meaningless.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
oh, I stopped freaking out over prognostications back in 1984.

now, dont get me wrong, I will listen to stuff, i will consider the backing evidence, and even allow for a bit of a open mind while doing so, but I am sorta a believe it when I see it..or at least a little bit of hard evidence kinda person.

so, I dont expect much more than some heavy solar flare activity in 12 because thats whats been predicted by scientists...which in itself could pose alot of issues regarding satellites and such...but as far as some biblical apocolypse...I have my doubts on that for sure. heh

and no...people will always be talking about year X as the great rapture...have been since the dawn of civilization and will continue until the end of civ (and some jackarse will say at that point...told ya so! heh)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I hope this submission is what everyone was trying to teach me...

>-->Giants, UFOS, Anunnaki, Illuminati, and todays way of life. "research-yourself"

In the recent post's section...

rehab

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, there are certain groups of believers on 2012, who will not consider it a failure if nothing happens, in particular those who think it's some kind of shift "in conciousness" or the like, as that can be said to be happening gradually so we don't notice a big shift. These to me are weasel prophecies, as you can't test them in any way. I much prefer people who will put their buttocks on the line, and set a hard date, and very specific events. Those we can test, but of course it's a lot more risky for them, as they have a chance of being proven wrong.

For those who have a hard date set for a big event, I think they will do what other groups have been doing for decades or centuries.

Once their set date comes and passes, they will move the goalposts. Probably with some excuse of "The interpretation wasn't quite right", or "We were using the wrong calender conversions"

A great example of this is the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses. They've moved the goalposts so many times that the football field is now about 6 miles long.

"1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994" are some of the big failed predictions they made for the end times.

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What does that got to do with anything,"if it probably does good job", but really what's the basis? we all know we reincarnate. right "energy doesn't die" just goes somewhere els.

2012 the weather is gonna get real bad. . . follow the threads. on my profile if you want more to question. please I invite anyone to question me because I want those questions. Because I might haven't asked them yet,

Make sense. . .

ReHaB

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't blindly believe 2012 at all. There are a lot of other reasons that lead me to believe 2012 is of importance besides ancient prophecy. The problem is we most likely won't notice the change we are expecting, it will be something subtle that sets catastrophe in motion over a long period of time. Nature doesn't work quickly.

So no, I won't stop believing what I want, just because I'm not in an enlightened state by Jan. 1, 2013.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Diplomat

I don't blindly believe in any prediction.

exactly, I learned my lesson from y2k.

Originally posted by rehab
we all know we reincarnate.

No we do not damn it, stop acting like we all believe exactly what you believe. Nobody here said they all agree unanimously that we all reincarnate.

I think we incarnate once. That is why life is precious and special. That is my belief. Note I did not assert everyone believes that.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
[edit: sorry I suck at life and ATSing, ban me if you feel the urge]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

then go on with your life as usual. If something hapens yo will know why worry about it now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
things are said to get bad up and to the date 2012 startin off we have the current crop circle predictions for a solar storm on the 7th of july.

I guess we could use this as bench mark if you will, to see if we wake up to another day or face the storm.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wait......If the world ended in 2012 then how did Tito time travel if no humans survived this holocaust.

LOL , just kidding nothing is going to happen. People are too gulliable these days.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by invalidiuser]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Can we all make some sort of agreement, or pact, that we will never blindly believe in things based on predictions or ancient prophecies?

It takes a level of maturity to not be affected by such predictions or theories. Its sad but true, that very few people have such kind of maturity.

People (aka sheeple) rush to buy stuff as soon as some guy in white coat says its good for you. They also bomb peaceful crowd just because their leader told so. They don't have much ability to think for themselves. Why are majority like that ? I don't know, may be the 90-10 rule applies here ...

So the point is, very few will grow up when nothing happens in Dec 2012, a failure of prediction won't magically make them mature, they will find another. Its human nature.

A recent example is the failure of crop circle prediction on 7th july, nothing has changed. The OP hid behind some funny article and pretended that something has indeed happened. Some people are psychologically inclined and behave like this. Failures don't convert them.

As far as I'm concerned, I find it entertaining.... Lol

I don't go out and prove/disprove stuff, because there is no gain in doing that. Those who are ready shall jump into the level of maturity given a small hint and those who are not, will not budge even if you put a ton of scientific papers before them.

There is a big chance that nothing will occur in Dec 2012, except may be alignment with galactic plane, which is nothing new, it has occurred many times, and even the pole shifts have taken place numerous times as the layers in earth show. The mayan calender will start a new cycle and the timewave zero will reach zero.

If it must affect something it will, if not suddenly may be gradually, and if its nothing then nothing will change, including the sheeple.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Although I am certain(inution as well as my spiritual essnece telling me so) that something life-changing in a positive way will come about on either october 28th 2011,when the mayan calendar ends or december 21st 2012 when the timewave zero gets to zero etc...If my instincts and intuition and chakras and spiritual essence is mistaking,then I will indeed never buy anything again and will ignore my gut feelings and the very core of my essence etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If anyone wants to see for themselves proof that the pole shift, which is already slowing down the earth's rotation, is affecting us now........

Monitor a battery operated or older wall clock - the kind that isn't auto synch'd. Set it beside your pc and over the days/weeks/months, compare the times. You will start, within the first few days, to see an immediate difference of a minute or two.

I've been comparing mine for about 5 or so months now........ the results?

My older wall clock is right now on 5:30 pm while my pc clock reads 5:35 pm.

So in a time frame of about five months we have already lost five minutes.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Of course something will happen! What are you saying??
Something is happening right now and something will always happen.
Change is constant.

But as an anthropology student I know that religious predictions and prophecies with specific and exact dates ALWAYS miss. I don't know why. We could get into a scientific explanation or an esoteric explanation. It doesn't really matter.

But its good to understand the real meaning of 2012. The symbolic meaning of it.

A good example is the depression of 1929.
1929 is a symbol that represents an event that started before 1929 and goes beyond 1929. It may be pinpointing a "peak", but the peak could not exist by itself.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

MMP

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
First off, comments on quotes!

Originally posted by heineken
If nothing happens in 2012 my wish is that we hunt down all the End of Days Prophets like Wilcock, McKenna.

McKenna has already passed away. In my opinion some of the things he spoke about were far more interesting than any of the 2012 stuff. My favorite McKenna lecture is about the machine mind vs the human mind. Can you find it in your heart to give him a second (or third) chance? Nobody is right all the time.

Originally posted by Tentickles
The point is that nothing, can never happen. Something will always be happening. Be it big or little, something is always happening.

Well said! When the time draws nearer I foresee people posting threads like, "This is it, (insert whatever precursor event)! The proof that 2012 is coming!" almost daily.

Originally posted by jimminycricket
Once their set date comes and passes, they will move the goalposts. Probably with some excuse of "The interpretation wasn't quite right", or "We were using the wrong calender conversions"

Can you blame them? If the date does pass, I'm going to enjoy the spin various people and organizations come up with just like I enjoyed the spin created for things like Y2K and John Titor.

My thoughts:
I have never really bought into these kinds of things. I hope something good and positive happens - I really do, but in my heart of hearts I doubt it. I do agree that 2012 takes the cake as far as prophecies go. Since I hope something good does happen, but don't really buy into the 2012 stuff, how about this for a pledge:

If 2012 comes and goes without incident I will continue to demonstrate a healthy level of skepticism regarding all matters.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

I'll tell you what my friend. My intuition and spiritual essence thoroughly feels that something will take place the latest timeframe being dec 2012. If by Jan 1st 2013(i'm giving it 10 extra days symbolocally heh) nothing happens I will not be one of those who gives any new dates nor will I listen to any of my instincts and spiritual wisdom ever again..i will just ignore it.

What I feel within isn't some religious rapture nor some catastrophic climax and death of masses. Certainly, maybe a bit more people will die or weather will intensify, but nothing crazy. Idon't know and I doubt it, but I do know that I FEEL within- on my spiritual level, on my subconscious dormant level that a storm of positive energy is brewing. We are within transition, that's why it seems and is so chaotic.
The closest thing to that of which my gut feelings are telling me would indeed be spiritual enlightenment if you will, a new era, entering another dimensional reality.
Something similar to that of what terence Mckenna said ,when we are on a psychedelic trip, that sort of reality, where time is absent, there is no time, everything is now- the past events and the upcoming events.

If my subconscious and spiriutal essence, intuition etc all betray me then I will indeed never believe anything ever again before I acutally see it. And probably along the line save myself from despair and depression because of it and end my life.

I resonate with this time period too much for it to be latanlty a hoax. if so I'll be drained of my energy by then.

PS. I apologize for my lack of speaking English..I'm from Estonia, no practise here.
peace

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Valeri]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Pick any date and there will be someone out there who thinks that it's when the world will end. Ever since the start of time, we've been obsessed with predicting the end of time, and countless people have been made fools of in the process. On some level, most of us want it to happen. Think of all the BS, injustice, and ignorance in this world... Wouldn't it be better if we started over and you could help mold the new world with your ideals? Maybe not, but most of us still think that it would be, therefore we have a desire for the apocalypse.

2012 is much more interesting than others because there are multiple independent predictions of something big, but that doesn't guarantee anything, and they don't agree on what will happen. Maybe something interesting will happen, but I don't expect the apocalypse. I'm just going to keep living my life, and whatever is meant to happen will happen. I'm reasonably prepared to fend for myself and others if SHTF, but that's not because of 2012 issues, it's just a reasonable thing to do in this world that we live in.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I'm already NOT losing any sleep over it. I've placed it in the same category as every other "prediction" that has failed to materialize. This one will prove to be NO exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join