It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 passes, and nothing happens...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Can we all make some sort of agreement, or pact, that we will never blindly believe in things based on predictions or ancient prophecies?

I am not here to belittle the 2012 theory, I think it is absolutely possible that something drastic could happen or change in 2012. If I had to lean towards one theory or the other I would lean towards 2012 having something to do with the alignment of our solar system with the galactic plane.

But with that being said, if 2012 comes and goes can we all as a whole make an agreement to never fall for anything like this again? There have been countless predictions and prophecies made in recent years that never even came close to fruition, and it is my opinion that all of this 2012 stuff is the holy grail of predictions. So if nothing happens on 2012 I think all of us being "disappointed" would be an understatement to say the least.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I don't blindly believe in any prediction. Everybody was running around because of Y2K just to stockpile and I was sitting at home LMFAO At them watching the news...eating my delicious homecooked meal while everybody else ate pizza or mcdonald's because they had to go get the rations ready LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I am not here to belittle the 2012 theory, I think it is absolutely possible that something drastic could happen or change in 2012.

But with that being said, if 2012 comes and goes can we all as a whole make an agreement to never fall for anything like this again?

So, which is it man..?

And of course...if nothing happens I will never flame...oops, fall for such an asinine topic.

Wait a minute...I never fell for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As much as I would love for that to happen, and for mankind NOT to blindly fall for things..

History has proven over and over and OVER again that, yes, we will fall for any prophecy coming our way.

Time to go see if I can make some money off the paranoia. Anyone care to go 50/50 on some "I Survived 2012" T-Shirts?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i am sorry but that is a pipe dream

once 2013 hits, there will be like 20 + new prediction/prophecy threads up instantly lol

2020 will be the next "Big One"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Its the pass of a cosmic age, that's all.... when will people learn that change doesn't come from some outside source, the stars or even god.

it comes from us.

"if you plant it, it will grow"

[edit on 5-6-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I heard it was Dec 21st 2012 that the SHTF? so this will keep the 2012 believer going for a while yet..

[edit on 5-6-2009 by contemplator]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Disinfo agent alert! Just Kidding...

Seriously though, if you are going to say that then tell people not to believe anything they read here at ATS, most of which are all personal opinions and accounts just like predictions or ancient prophecies.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I personally believe that with Obama at the helm that we will be lucky to see 2012, THEN get destroyed.
But the way we're going it's gonna surprise the heck out of me if we make it to next year.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, a thread like this should be posted more around the time of 2011. I kind of jumped the gun, but maybe we can still make some sort of "ATS Pact" to not fall for predictions. I mean, am I wrong when I say that the 2012 prophecy takes the cake as far as predictions go? It's turned out to be a huge thing, and yet most people can't even come to a consensus on what will actually happen in 2012. Some say Planet-X will swoop by and disturb our orbit and magnetic poles, some say we will spiritually "graduate" to another dimension, and some think it's just plain armageddon for whatever reason.

If it comes and goes with nothing at all then we all need to seriously reevaluate how we think about things in general. If nothing happens maybe we can use it as a positive thing to bring us all closer together.

Like I said, in my mind ANYTHING is possible, but I just have a bad feeling in my gut that 2012 will come and go without armageddon or ascension.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm a believer in 2012 for about three years now, and if NOTHING happends I will never believe in another prophecy again. It will burn me for life, and I'm sure I will be hearing "I told you so" from a lot of people.

But I still believe...I just have a feeling that times are getting worse and will not get better. (esp. in America) So many different things could happen lots of theories out there....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'll agree not to fall for any other "predictions".

Consider me a signer on the ATS no B.S. predictions pact. I've never seen one come true anyway.

If anything occurs in 2012 right before I finally start thinking about buying Christmas gifts it will be because of Human Error, Panic or Perception. Or worse, it will be on December 22 when the hindsight warriors descend on ATS to claim parlay.

This is not the site it was when I became a reader and it was my intense need to respond to one post this week that finally got me to sign on and post.

So far, Diplomat, I have noticed that you piss people off. Mostly people who don’t do any research and post threads based on whims.

I think I like you…

I'll sign. And I will wear my Hopeful Devils Advocate Badge with pride while trying to squeeze intelligent thought from the masses. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

Yea, I've just been around this type of stuff for too long I think.

Quick background I went to military school in Roswell, New Mexico of all places in 1997. We were given internet access in our rooms and had mandatory study hall. Living in a place like Roswell I obviously started researching the Roswell crash and that has led me down the biggest rabbit hole I could have ever imagined.

I have read/seen it all by now. Nothing shocks me, other than the ignorance and gullibility of some people. Like I said, anything is possible in my eyes, so I am not here to shoot down 2012 theories, I just want to use the possibility of nothing happening as a good thing to bring us all together. So yes, we should all make a pact, to bring us closer together if nothing else, if nothing significant as predicted happens in 2012. We should all stick together in our quest for the truth about things.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
hi diplomat,

you know what I think already...the only thing we have to be afraid of IMO is a World War..i beleive that earth has a lot more to offer, 2012 is too close to have something so huge that ends the World as we know it...still though i'm feeling this summer quite hot here so the Sun is actually getting me pretty scared of her.

If nothing happens in 2012 my wish is that we hunt down all the End of Days Prophets like Wilcock, McKenna.

Also once this results in another big hoax we still have UFO disclosure looking forward to someday

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Well said. I came here for intellectual intercourse. I had asked you in another post, on another threat if you had read here. It is purely to provoke thought (though I do believe in what I wrote regarless of what I "want") but it seems based on the time frame of my posting I only got "No way dude bring it on!" replies. I would love to get your take...

and I forgot to S/F you the first time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

uh?

Well 2012 is not a dooms day it's a change. We are coming to the end of a cycle and the cycle will start again. So something will happen but nothing like a dooms day.

poles will shift and other things. So far you can see that the ICE caps are melting.

this is a sign of increasing water supply to the world. The water will evaporate and will be clouds and then condense and rain else where. So this makes a huge effect on weather patterns.

So right now the only possible proof is the ice in Alaska and article circle., and Greenland are melting and can have a impact on the weather system nothing too huge until all the ice melts.

if you watched on the history channel their is even mathematicians that make math formulas and done a computer simulation about such this event.

They believe it's true. They say that the black hole in the center of the milky way galaxy has a gravitational pull on all the objects in it's galaxy.

the galactic plane is in the center of the galaxy but horizontally.. Our solar system has a galactic orbit. which our solar system will be entering the galactic plane soon which has alot of gravitational pull on our solar system for 7 years. and this will cause our planet to switch polarity and also the equator will tilt in a way where northern US will be closer to the equator and the southern US will be south of the equator.

This is what was said by the profs on the history channel I watched.

Something has to be big on those days. I believe that because why would so many professionals be warning us of such a thing. Their is a possibility that nothing may not happen at all and we just over reacted.

However if you really pay attention to volcano and other natural disasters and weird weather patterns you can get a early sign/warning.

I mean if such a thing might happen the weather will be the first sign of such a thing. It will get stranger and out of the norm.

So we will see. I hope nothing does happen. I mean this isn't like the Y2K scare.

The Y2K scare was justifiable. The computers would crash with errors because of a 2 digit year. I mean it will show year 00 meaning not 2000 but the year 1900 and since computers are nothing but logical the would be like umm it can't be 1900. So the computers would crash because of logic errors. Since we relied on computers so much many systems that use a computer that used time and date would crash due to that small problem.

the problem was prevented by having a patch.

Now this 2012 is not man made type of panic it's more of a natural thing. Religion has some basis where they explain or tell stories of their experiences.

Like the Hindus believe the end of the cycle is when the god shiva dances. This could mean that the sky gets filled with meteors.

I do think that their is more of a chance that something weird will happen in year 2012 but we will have warning signs by end of 2009 and lasts till 2011..

well I hope Nasa gots something up their sleeves. Nasa and the US Gov must have done some studies about this. .

[edit on 6-6-2009 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ugh, Im tired of these threads.

The point is that nothing, can never happen. Something will always be happening. Be it big or little, something is always happening.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

My dad was a the time a high level executive in a computer manufacturer during y2k.

Trust me Y2K was the biggest sham in history.

You don't know all the profits the industry took in for "y2k compliant" software etc..

lol

Good for the economy I suppose in the long run I guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

I never said 2012 was for sure doomsday. I said there are people out there who think it is. I said that there is no real consensus on what 2012 really means. There are multiple "theories." I have read them all and understand them all, including how the galactic plane works.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Tentickles,

Your profile pic is strangley attractive. And I want to steal the gif in your sig for my own. :-)

computerwiz32,

Please please please dont tell me what 2012 "is". I can handle what you think it is. I can handle pages of references on research that lead you to believe based on empiraical evidence, hell even circumstantial evidence that things will occur thus becasue of forumla "a".

Just dont "say" it will "be", please? Humor me? I spell check and edit to fix grammar becasue I care. I'm not asking you to go that far, just asking for some work to butress words here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join