It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul UFO is Back **May 2009** Video

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by mandroid

I don't think it's flying, or even in the air.

I was thinking something more like an oil platform sitting off the coast.

[snip] Oil platforms have lots of little white lights in which you can make out the shape. Ever heard of the horizon and the curvature of the earth? [snip] ATS is for advanced particular mindsets.

Mod Edit: Personal Attack Removed
Civility and Decorum are REQUIRED on ATS

[edit on 6-9-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Heliocentric

The lights over the water are characteristic of the phenomenon known as a superior mirage. This occurs when there is a temperature inversion near the surface. They are very common over water and in particular in the early morning hours.

The effect of a superior mirage is that an inverted image of an object appears above the surface. The object can actually be beyond the horizon and not directly visible. A boat, or lights on a boat will appear to be floating in the air.

www.islandnet.com...

The lights could easily be a ferry boat, or a group or fishing boats just beyond the horizon. My dog barks at all kinds of stupid stuff...like a tennis ball lying on the ground in front of him. There's really no reason to make a connection between the barking dog and the lights. A very similar display appears in the earlier videos from the same cameraman, including one in which some fishermen close to shore are paying absolutely no attention to the lights.

[snip] I have never seen any of these super mirages you're talking about and I live in So. CA. near the beach. I suppose you can explain two large black triangular craft ominously gliding silently mere hundreds of feet above me & two other Marine's heads? And for the rest of you... who cares that he's got a high end camera! Who cares how he obtained it! If you saw some crazy # that was inexplicable time after time, wouldn't you want to film it using the best camera? GEEZ guys c'mon! For [snip] sake you think we're the only ones in the universe? I can't wait to see your reaction when you find out we're actually residing in an alien ant farm.

Mod Edit: Personal Attack Removed and Please do not Evade Automatic Censors

[edit on 6-9-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Okay, so as to prevent us from derailing the thread any further with this pointless crap let's just say we're both cocky douchebags and let that be an end to it!

reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Oops! Apologies, my mistake, I must have read your post wrong or something...

...and you're totally right of course!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but I've been reading it for quite a while now. Just couldn't resist creating an account and commenting on this video after seeing it on the news here in Turkey.
I'm aware that there's a possible flaming waiting for the ones who don't scrutinize everything written before making a comment but I couldn't be bothered to read 13 pages of comments, so sorry about that.
First, there are no oil rigs in Kumburgaz if there's discussion about it. Second no CGI is involved. Proof: TUBITAK (Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey which authenticated previous vids from the same guy). However don't know if it has any credibility for you guys, it certainly does for Turks.

The guy who shoots these videos since 2007 is a security guard for the houses there and there are other eye witnesses in the area. He said he was trying to get a better camera for some time now cause he can see them quite often and he'd have a much better undeniable proof (well that part is alittle subjective). Well, they at least said some TV channels will have cameraman watching the skies in Kumburgaz for a while now since this became a re-occurring phenomenon.

And as for the dog barking...Why would it bark at the lights if they belonged to some oil rigs, or far away buildings. They would be there every single night and the dog would have gotten used to them.

Finally about the discussion on the zoom...The moon is far away thus it gets blurrier and the camera can't focus when you zoom in. However the object in question is closer and can be focused on.

As far as I'm concerned this object is at best an Unidentified Object if not an alien space craft but no way a shooting star, weather balloon, space debris, ice particles, dust very close to the camera or superman. Maybe it is the Santa Clause though

[edit on 9-6-2009 by bilb_o]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Plus, I'm sorry to say that but no wonder why this UFO phenomenon can't get solved all these years.
I have read pages of discussions on tether incident and I knew nothing about space flight and satellite cameras etc. so they were valid discussions for me.
But seeing pages of "oil rig" discussions for this video....
Why doesn't anybody think about checking the internet to see if there are any oil rigs/platforms in the area.
Or even better...Ask a local.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hi all, this is my first post on these forums, i have been reading over for years and finally decided to join...

why?

Because i found something remarkably interesting on a new video posted on youtube regarding new nasa sightings etc...

Here is the video, its actually an amazing compilation that i think is a MUST SEE!
At exactly 5:11 secs into the video pause and take a look at the image, looks very much like this istanbul ufo where you can (maybe) see the occupants!

Get back to me somebody, am i correct or blind? :-s

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And i never meant you can see occupants in this video, just for the record =)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotp

Oops! Apologies, my mistake, I must have read your post wrong or something...

...and you're totally right of course!

Did I miss something??

If it helps I quoted your post because I agreed with you, it is an expensive camera, and he should have gotten a tripod by now. He's supposedly been filming these things for 3 years!

About the video and everyones photo enlargements, I think it's pointless trying to analyze the compressed youtube vid, hopefully free_spirit will share the dvd quality version with us.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by werall1

Thanks for your post, some great stuff. Sorry but I don't see what you see at 5:11. However, I really like what was captured @ 4:08 with the guy viewing his pictures on the lap top.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I was just apologising for misunderstanding your post, and agreeing with the point once I got it

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by werall1

I think any resemblance is a vague similarity in basic shape only. I watched a minute or 2 of the video prior to the object at 5.11 & all I saw was some reflections, debris & the like.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi all, i'm back again thanks for the input (a very few of you lol)

Well im rubbish at photoshop and everything like that but i decided to have a go and this is what i did,

Picturei658.photobucket.com...

Sorry if thats not the way your supposed to link pictures etc...

Click that link and view the picture, take the image on the right (istanbul actual sighting) and rotate it a bit in your head, you can see how there is a gap in the middle, its the same on both roughly and then see if your perspective of the image is different,

Hope this helps people see what i see

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
roughly speaking your abducted 206.333333333 days each year

reply to post by JackP

[edit on 10-6-2009 by twistingtree]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotp

Originally posted by trusername

how american to question why a turkish night watchman hasn't gone out and bought top end video equipment? may I suggest ... the price?

We're not all Americans here. And we've seen the camera he used, it's shown on the UFO centre report video. It doesn't look like a cheapo piece of crap to me. The point is if he can afford the camera and lens attachment why doesn't he buy a tripod? Even a cheap one?

hi sorry it wasn't a very thoughtful remark on my part. I take back the price of camera remark.
Maybe he was given it by the TV studio?

I did put down the translations / transcripts though on p. 15 to make up for it. Maybe it's helpful?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by trusername]

[edit on 6/10/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Someone Interrogate the dog, lol

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
been hearing about for the past week,ahh dont believe anything about it

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by waelkd
been hearing about for the past week,ahh dont believe anything about it

And that is your right.

But was it worth logging in only to tell us that?

Whether someone believes or not in some kind of intelligent presence visiting us isn't really that interesting, unless that someone can reason and motivate convincingly why he/she thinks so.

Whether someone believes this video is hoax or not - and if not it indicates at least the reality of this craft - isn't really interesting either, unless he/she can motivate why.

Simply saying that "Yep, that must be fake" is kind of like saying that the defendant must be guilty, without telling why.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I find it comical that we try to explain the so called aliens actions with what we would do as normal humans. For example, some people saying that the aliens in the ship never move, or that the ship never moves......well, they are aliens, it is pretty arrogant of us to think that we know at all how or why a total alien species would do anything.

This has been exactly my opinion about a lot of peoples' reactions. People tend to fill in blanks about other peoples' behaviors from their own thoughts and behavior patterns. While this generally works with a relatively high accuracy rate with other people from one's own culture, it starts to fall apart even with other people that are from different cultures. So how can one realistically expect to be able to guess what an extraterrestrial might be doing/thinking and why?

It's kind of the same reason that we don't rely on "enhanced" photographs to "clarify" what we're looking at in a picture. The computer filters have to extrapolate or "guess" what information should go in certain parts of the picture. Similarly, the human mind has to "guess" what the extraterrestrials might be doing, and what their motives might be.

This is why facts are so important to gather and present. Opinions are fine, but it is of utmost importance that people not confuse opinions with facts.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This video evidence does intrigue me I must say.

I must admit i was more convinced with the videos from 2008.

Something about this video doesn't feel right to me, maybe the old video frames were cut into this new video to make the footage captured more appealing and or believable as the similarities in the movement of the object are too close for me in my opinion being it was years ago.

The fact that no stars at night is hard to decide on, having no real reference to the size besides the moon, at least in the old footage they shot some kind of a boat floating across.

In my view the dog in this stands for nothing and could have been easily staged so it must be discredited it shouldn't have time wasted discussing it.

(I understand that stars at night play no part in crediting/discrediting a video and in many cases no stars in footage does not point to the video being fake - Just stating that in all video posts there hasn't been not one that i could see - only the moon)

If it is an Alien craft the reason it may not be moving is it may not be aware that it is able to be seen via our technology - not all alien species or alien craft may be aware of our technology. Another aspect of it is it may just want to be seen for some reason.

- For believers in UFO's it has been stated that underwater bases might exist although I'm not stating this as fact or that i believe it.
But it can be a plausible reason for the craft returning to the same place consistently.

I noticed that the orange lights in the video taken in 2008 are different to the ones that appeared in this video in 2009 - Which bothers me a little bit.

All in all this footage is a great piece - something that can be analyzed in the future as our own technology advances.

My biggest problem is Aliens being visible which keeps bringing my process of thought back to a possibility of being fake.

Lets hope we can get more solid data/video evidence of this particular case in the future.

Just my take on all of this!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
My friend who believes this video to be real, used to work on oil rigs on the Isle of Man back in the 1970s. He is adamant that is no oil rig.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join