It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul UFO is Back **May 2009** Video

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Have a look at what I wrote a few posts back & have a look at Chadwickus' map.
It's possible those orange lights are buildings seen at a great distance under high magnification.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I've been away for a few hours but I see you're still behaving like a smug douchebag so here's a new mantra for you...

When presented with more logical explanations than the ones you'd like to hear deny, deny, deny...

reply to post by jkrog08

The SG-1 fighter? I think you're way off, that is basically a arc'd wing with a cockpit but the model the guy used has more to it. His model is more of your typical saucer/domed shape.

Either way, it's NOT REAL!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Here's the deal, I said I THINK it's SOMETHING LIKE an oil rig or platform.

I did not say I KNOW it's an oil rig.

See the difference?

I also later clarified that when I said it looked like an oil rig, I was meaning it appears to be FIXED, like an oil rig or building.

Why is that so hard to understand?

but yet you can't come up with an explanation as to why there is a 100' gap between the horizon and the lights

Oh so you missed the picture of Esenkoy?

This could explain the height of the lights but if you're choosing to ignore the theory because it goes against what you believe then you're not worth debating.

Sounds like your getting mad. Ridiculing me only shows desperation of a desperate man.

Funny you should mention that, it seems you need to resort to name calling.

I can just smell the hipocracy:

I'll wait till the morning to tear your other feeble attempts apart. Please leave the skepticism to the professionals. Your only looking foolish Wolverine boy.

Oh I can't wait for you to "tear apart my feeble attempts"

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by FlySolo

Also to be fair Istanbul has a lot of these too:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb72fe99bb86.jpg[/atsimg]

Check this out redneck;
www.skyscrapercity.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evr3n

Check this out redneck;
www.skyscrapercity.com...

Some really nice pictures there. I hadn't even considered the possibility of skycrapers with lots of reflective windows til I looked at those pics!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here is a thought for you all: Why not stop the childish name calling and personal attacks? The subject being discussed here is the VIDEO, isn't it?

I think it's bogus, designed to draw more paying visitors to certain people's UFO museums. No way this UFO would appear year after year without thousands and thousands of other people seeing it and filming it too. It just doesn't make any sense at all, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Could be under water at that time ? thought of that?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Kukulcangod
First of all ! the metallic object and the red rainbow dots are not filmed at the same time neither at the same location even!

Second take a look at 3.55 before the dog barks, you can see something to the right around 4 a clock in the water, the dog could be barking at that?.

Third there is something fishy with this video, listen at 4.59 and you can clearly here mouse clicks? why hehe live real time editing?

NO and i still don't believe any of these Turkish videos.

Enough with the dog barking at bob in the water. Not even close, here is Bob:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91f2ee24cc8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Where's Bob now?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79955b1bec58.jpg[/atsimg]

That's right. The dog isn't barking at Bob. In fact, if you look closely, the shore line is different where Bob is and the dog is barking. C'mon

And while I'm at it, regarding the oil rig...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bd0b45ee9b2.jpg[/atsimg]

No...this is an oil rig...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c101157cc0d.jpg[/atsimg]

When all else fails, deny deny deny

[edit on 6-6-2009 by FlySolo]
Who ever was in that water could be at that time...under water and thats why the dog barks? thought of that? m8

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sickandtired

Well said, you are entirely correct, but well it's human nature to get annoyed with one another sometimes. Even the best of us are capable of it whether we like it or not.

And I agree about the possible motives for creating such a video. Perhaps he didn't realise the fuss the original was going to cause, but now he's had a taste of the limelight he couldn't resist the temptation to go back for more...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Like it is said earlier in this post, this looks an awfull lot like a distant object - either on sea or on another coast. The earths normal shape can make distant object appear hovering because you only see the top of the object. And another thing about it being bright at night... maybe this is filmed just as the sun has gone down and the distant object is so far away that the sun light is still hitting that object, and therefore is appears very bright.
I have seen a very familiar thing and it does look very weird at first.
About the dog barking... well.. this is normal behavior from a dog, pretty straight forward. Maybe the dog has seen something in the water or is simply barking at the owner - it looks at him and then barks - it notices that the owner is looking at something, but what... BARK!!

I am not trying to debunk something, but after seeing the same video again, the same place and time, I think we have a more natural occurrence. My words. Peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I highly doubt this is a building. Where are the other buildings? One would think you wouldn't see one lighted building on the horizon. Unless it's all alone in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd buy an oil rig over a building, but doesn't look like an oil rig either, especially the lights flashing from side-to-side one.

I'd lean towards hoax or real. I don't think it's a common object we are mistaking for something else.

My issues at this point are:

Why no video of this object leaving? I'd be planted right there until it left. I can understand no arrival videos, but I'm confused why it never moves, ever... and is never caught on film leaving.

I would think that if a craft were hovering outside of a city repeatedly, for long periods of time, the military would be there. Once it arrived several times, I would think this area would be monitored constantly. But.. nothing? That seems odd. And this is the only guy who is seeing / filming? Also strange.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I am not trying to debunk something, but after seeing the same video again, the same place and time, I think we have a more natural occurrence. My words. Peace.

Yea, the first video I saw a few months ago had me a little excited, I even was a huge proponent of the Grey alien occupant theory, but after this video in the same area with the 'aliens' looking like they are in the exact same position, and again no footage of the ship leaving has me really skeptical. I can't say for sure either way but something does not make sense here IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
reply to post by jkrog08

Wait a minute... you seriously think this is a triabgular craft? This forum has reached a whole new level of dumb.

Disregarding your childish and rude comments......

You seriously think that looks like a flying saucer? Here I'll show you what a flying saucer looks like...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7f0edbbcc36.jpg[/atsimg]

The Turkey craft looks more like a boomerang- thus triangle-TYPE shaped. Why is it you are the only one attacking people here? Do you just like to attack people with opposite opinions? Because I won't accept blindly you call other members and myself dumb or disinformation agents? Can you not debate this in a civil manner? It is people like you that give Ufology a bad name, your type are the near 'fanatic and zealot' type believers who 'know for sure, no matter what-despite the evidence' that something they believe to be true is and everyone who tries to help solve the case is a idiot or closed minded if you don't like their opinions. And we wonder why Ufology isn't considered a legitimate science! I wil be the first to admit that in the past I was a little like you, I felt so strongly about my beliefs that I would argue and get aggressive with anyone who didn't say "I agree", I would sometimes let my strong passion for the field get in the way and blind me from seeing obvious hoaxes and the more difficult to spot hoaxes (like this one IMO). But I finally learned that that is accomplishing nothing and one must be a PART of the WHOLE team, not just run by his or herself. I personally realized that it is time to amp up this field with legit research and open minded bi-partisan collaboration. I feel that Ufology is making a greater push than ever and because of that I am going to do my part and weed out the bs and research cases and educate unaware masses on the legitimate cases. So I stopped going my own way and not listening to other peoples opinions (thus creating problems for the very field I love).

What I decided to do was join the team and become unified with ALL of Ufology, not just the people and things I liked about it. That in the end will find the real truth, not silly bickering over false and fanatical beliefs. It is past time to go into overdrive and get information out to the public WHILE ASSURING THAT INFORMATION IS FACTUAL, so Ufology must strongly question all cases without prejudice to make sure we are going the right way and don't smear are own field with hoaxes, or we are doing the governments job for them! In closing I feel that a few things must be done; One must go on a all out assault on hoaxes, one must treat every case like a hoax or misidentification until majority proof can be verified, we must get the best cases out to the masses and educate people on UFOs and the culture, and we must be devoted to separating hoax and misidentifications from real and be just as willing and open minded to consider a normal explanation and provide a source to identify them-without thinking everything you hear or see is a true UFO encounter. This is all off basis of the scientific process, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing less should be acceptable if we are really to find the truth.~Justin

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM TURKEY

I've just been informed by researcher Haktan Akdogan, director of the SIRIUS
Research Center in Turkey that an important experiment will be performed on the
sightings location in Kumburgaz next week around June 11 to 14, a public skywatch in
wich the main attraction will be a reunion among Yalcin Yalman the turkish witness and
videographer and Antonio Urzi the italian skywatcher and videographer.

Television cameras have been invited to testify this event hoping those UFOS may
appear again. Mr. Akdogan said he is very optimistic the sightings will ocurr and tv
cameras may caught on tape the event. The reunion among the two famous
skywatchers will be a promising precedent to see if they can attract the presence of
UFOS wich may be an historical event, both Mr. Yalman and Mr. Urzi agreed to make
this experiment where people have been invited and in front of the television cameras.

The weekend June 13 and 14 there will be a UFO Congress in Istanbul with several
well known researchers. The results of the skywatch experiment will be released during
this Congress.

Well, this is it. I think this event will put to rest all those doubts and speculations about
these sightings being just CGI, oil rigs, scale models etc. I will receive information from
Turkey during this experimental skywatch that I hope may get the expected results and
I will post the news good or bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Some of the shots (in the OP video) look like beach houses shot with a digital zoom around 200x or more.
(in the first one you can see what appears to be horisontal floodlights illuminating the sides (from the middle section and out towards the sides).

The orange lights look like a reflection in glass of a cylinder grill with fire in it showing through holes around the rim (for better air circulation)

[edit on 7.6.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Well I hope something extraordinary happens, but I have a feeling nothing will because "the aliens are shy or only want me to see them."

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by sotp
reply to post by FlySolo

The comment about "grasping at straws" was just a 'return volley' of your "deny, deny, deny" comment...anyway...

We have no idea of how big the rig/ship/UFO is. There are plenty of large container ships out there that when fully loaded are very very tall. It also may indeed be an oil rig. Yes, they look like the picture you provided but that's not the only form of rig there is. They come in many variations with some having many 'vents' (firey exhaust things). The fact that the object is in an identical position leads me to believe it may be a static object (as an oil rig is). I've never claimed to be an expert on the movement of UFO's but I think that the rig/ship explanation makes more sense, and if I remeber correctly there's supposedly a port close by so that adds even more credence to it not being a UFO.

Static perhaps, but lets examine the obvious. You didn't comment on my question about it being above the horizon. Lets take these two pictures for comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93f2b5a1f6d6.jpg[/atsimg]

you can clearly see the horizon in the circle. Where is the rig/ship? Please don't omit the absence of this from your proposition. To add to this, the lights would be there every night if it truly was a stationary rig.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c101157cc0d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by FlySolo]

Good post.

UFO's will always get outlandish explanations from skeptics and debunkers. This is because all explanations are considered equal to the skeptic. So a weather balloon, chinese lantern, oil rig and more can be thrown out and this video will be posted again in the future and I bet a skeptic will come on the thread and say, that case is closed we already came to the conclusion it's an oil rig.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have made a short video to show how in my opinion the Turkish ufo video may have been made.

Its not perfect but only took me a couple of mins to make and with some practice and the right prop better results could be achieved.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by free_spirit

Well I hope something extraordinary happens, but I have a feeling nothing will because "the aliens are shy or only want me to see them."

I don't think they are shy. They have been showing themselves since the dawn of civilization.

We see them in pictures, video, mass sightings, eyewitness accounts and more.

So I don't think they are shy, they just know that the people on this planet will explain them away no matter how many times they are seen.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Thank's Sky!
Can you imagine what are they doing or thinking?
Totally amazing!

Happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join