It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul UFO is Back **May 2009** Video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is some great footage
thanks!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, it doesn't look like a boat or an oil rig in my opinion. It does appear to be in the air, above the water. And I think this object did look like it changed its location one time in the film, unless I'm mistaken.

What's illogical about it being a UFO? Honestly, why can't it just be a UFO? Why does it have to be an oil rig, which it doesn't really resemble? Or a boat, which shouldn't appear to be above the water? Mankind has been seeing these things for many, many years. It's nothing new.

Troy

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Am I the only SG-1 fan here?

Has no one noticed the striking similarities of the craft in the video to the FICTIONAL G’ould Death Glider from Stargate….

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/292ed0634f29.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy:stargate.wikia.com

Okay, now compare that with this from the video….

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b28c06bc66.png[/atsimg]

Now turn the fictional Death Glider around to face forward and remove the plastic cockpit and what do you have? You have something that looks nearly EXACTLY like the ‘UFO’ in the video, minus a few plastic aliens inserted in there. Now is it just a major coincidence that this craft apparently stole the blueprints from Stargate or is it something less extreme, like a hoax? How did he do it, I have no answer currently for that, but I can guess a mix of CGI, prop, and real video. I will leave that to image experts.

EDIT to add: Sorry I couldn't find any better pictures, especially a forward facing image, and I am not a photoshop expert so lol I can't use that either. I just wanted to put this out there because I have been thinking of this for quite a while and I really think this could be a possible alternate explanation.
[edit on 6/6/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 6/6/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Page 2 of this thread:

Originally posted by Chadwickus
A couple of posters mentioned it doesn't look like an oil rig, and you'd be correct. What i said it looks something like an oil rig, or some kind of platform, building etc that we're seeing...

My comments from when the first video was discussed in October last year:

Link

My story hasn't changed one bit, please do your research a bit better next time.

Now your picture showing the horizon IMHO is not correct.

Here's a shot of a town called Esenkoy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57f19c51cf2e.jpg[/atsimg]

Which is located on the opposite side of the Sea of Marmara as seen in this map, I've put a green square around the area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6617446f465.png[/atsimg]

As you can see the area is quite hilly, any buildings up these hills will have the appearance of being above the horizon.

Another place of note is Imrali island (in the red square), which has a prison on it.

[edit on 6/6/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes you are changing your story. On page 1 of this thread you ascertain it is a rig. Now you are showing me possible hillsides which could offer another possibility of umbrellas...sorry domes. So which is it? And how big must these domes be? And why are there not lights every night?

During the 4months, between May and September 2008, many nationwide UFO sightings were reported from different parts of Turkey, while some of them were filmed and photographed and aired. Within the same period of time, these objects also witnessed by the residents of Kumburgaz/Yeni Kent Compound, caught on video several times by a night guard named Yalcin Yalman and these footages are considered as the closest and the most significant images ever filmed around the world.

And by the way, these were reported near Kumburgaz/Yeni Kent Compound so please don't start randomly pulling geographical locations out of thin air to support your claims.

Link

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
reply to post by asmall89

lol. The one in back isn't remotely as significant as the creature in front of it, since only like 1/3 of it's head is visible. I get the feeling that some of you still can't make out the face I'm talking about in the photo-enhancement, so I have outlined it for you in the picture below so you can see.

Now try seeing it without the outline:

Is it clear now!?

That's what I saw, in the raw footage that was posted at the beg. of this thread. Glad someone else can see it too lol

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I said:

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by mandroid

I don't think it's flying, or even in the air.

I was thinking something more like an oil platform sitting off the coast.

I'm sorry if you're unable to comprehend basic english.

And again you fail at comprehending basic english, the object was not filmed near Kumburgaz/Yeni Kent Compound, it was filmed FROM Kumburgaz.

Which is the area underlined in red in the above map.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
More images with FRONTAL VIEWS….

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ace104289b2.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy:starshipmodeler.com

No maybe the most damning one IMO, is this one from SG-1 showing a VERY SIMILAR looking object, in the show it was the “F-301”, a human reversed engineered glider, but in this Turkey video it could be our ‘alien craft….
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8930cd8d30da.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy:freewebs.com

Now tell me that does not look just like our alien craft in the video!

I am not saying anything YET, but….

Special thanks to internos (the disinformation agent,lol) for sending me these pictures.

[edit on 6/7/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 6/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Internos & Free Spirit:
Your work & commentary is the sort of material that makes it worth hanging around this site.
Free Spirit:
Are you saying you have a higher res version of the video than that which Internos used for his pixel zoom demo?
If so, what level of detail do you think it shows of the "aliens"? Do you think there is any detail beyond that which Internos showed us?
For the record, I can't get my head around this being real because I cannot understand how the images can be identical (or almost so) to those acquired previously at that site.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks - that google earth shot is very interesting. I can't see the whole scale bar on the bottom left of the shot so I can't estimate the distance across the sea to the island & mainland you have highlighted. How far do you estimate it is?

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Now look at this....

This is the SG1 craft...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61cc247b6d08.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the Turkey craft...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b28c06bc66.png[/atsimg]

Now Photoshop off the bottom cannons, glass cockpit, and tail fins and what do you have? Well you have the 'UFO' almost to color and detail.

I know a lot of UFO believers may not be happy with this postulate but it is what it is and honestly I think this makes a MAJOR DENT into this video. I am as much as a believer as most but this does not look good IMHO.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

50kms according to the ruler on google earth.

Quite a distance I know but by the sounds of the equipment being used by the guy who did the filming I don't think it's out of range.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

This theory was discussed in the previous thread, Badge01 did a very good analysis of it but unfortunately the pictures have been removed.

All except this one:

You can see what he was describing HERE

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cmazzagatti

Okay....Whatever man, the point is that no one can deny the STRIKING similarities with the SG1 craft and the UFO. If you are not willing to hear alternate evidence that kinda crushes the 'airtight, solid video' than that is fine. Apparently all you like to do is attack members who are trying to investigate things on a rational and scientific bases. Again, like I said I am sure many don't want to even start to realize that this case could very likely be a hoax. I mean do you deny the similarities of the two craft? Do you think it is just a universal coincidence that these aliens happened to make a craft that resembles a SG1 ship? Or what is more likely (Occam's Razor), this video is a hoax and uses a photoshopped enhanced prop from SG1? It would not be that hard to do. Sometimes the real world doesn't quite live up t what we want it too.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

lol, if anything, that design was ripped off the real thing (like the UFO in Turkey).

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

As I think about, I agree you could see those orange lights from 50k's away - it's about the same distance from which I look at the Sydney sky line & you can see a great deal of detail from here.
I just wonder how high the lights would have to be to clear the horizon at that distance. On that note, I just looked at Wikipedia & it says the top of a 100m tower could be seen from 40K’s away.
Quote:
For a tower with a height of 100 m, the horizon distance is 35.7 km. Thus an observer on a beach can see the tower as long as it is not more than 40.35 km away.
en.wikipedia.org...
So you could be right. The orange lights could be on a hill, across the sea. I wonder if a picture of something relevant on that side could be found.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So what is your opinion of this theory, personally I think the SG1 ship fits better than the Enterprise but honestly I think that this case is very possibly a hoax after seeing the comparisons.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I cant wait to see if this goes any further.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join