It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US May Execute 9/11 Detainees Without Trials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

US May Execute 9/11 Detainees Without Trials

www.newser.com

The Obama administration may let accused 9/11 terrorists at Guantanamo Bay plead guilty and be executed without facing trial, the New York Times reports. A proposed change in military law, which governs Guantanamo tribunals, would give the alleged attackers what they seek—martyrdom—and avoid trials that could reveal harsh US interrogation techniques. It would also avoid charging the accused in federal court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2009 by tristar]

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting to see how the motto of the election contained

"we want change"

Its utter disgusting and takes us back to the ear of Adolf and his politics, this is very dangerous group of people who are directing these new ideas to be put forward.

As history has shown us, all who go against the natural order of selection and justice ultimately end in a disaster. Is this not being discussed or is this just a natural part of politics in the new administration.

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There is absolutely no way this will happen. Absolutely none. It would absolutely destroy everything Obama's been working for abroad and completely destroy our credibility. The detainees will continue to remain in limbo until something forces Obama's hand.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Do not ever forget that the manipulation of the world was passed to go to war with two country's with evidence that still has to be proven. So this will only require the precise information presented in a way that would make everyone say " yes i agree"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good! They should have been shot on the battlefield when first captured which would have saved us from all this mess. If they plead guilty, then why should I pay for these terrorists to sit in jail and to be given their special meals and laptops?

However, there is no way this will happen especially with the Obama administration.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They will 'LET' them plead guilty and then get right on with the dyin', huh? Sounds awful convenient. How may witnesses do they need to plead guilty in front of. Who's next on the list to 'plead' guilty and be quickly executed? Any volunteers? Going once...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You think that the obama administration is not behind this little deal. What better way to wipe out any distrust between the U.S. and the Muslim world if suddenly he handed over these persons to the country's they originated from with the only guidelines that they are imprisoned.

You see how easy this all can be used to benefit a perfect world. Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
They will 'LET' them plead guilty and then get right on with the dyin', huh? Sounds awful convenient. How may witnesses do they need to plead guilty in front of. Who's next on the list to 'plead' guilty and be quickly executed? Any volunteers? Going once...

The terrorists are NOT U.S. citizens nor common criminals so your entire point is MOOT.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

You think that the obama administration is not behind this little deal. What better way to wipe out any distrust between the U.S. and the Muslim world if suddenly he handed over these persons to the country's they originated from with the only guidelines that they are imprisoned.

You see how easy this all can be used to benefit a perfect world. Food for thought.

I would not be surprised if this is what Obama wants to do however the only flaw in the plan is that I seriously doubt the country of origin would take the terrorists back because that would make them targets if the country of origin executed or imprisoned them.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Prisoners of war, are prisoners of war. They are at our military's mercy, as our troops would be in their prison camps. People forget or probably aren't aware of the differences of military ways and civilian ways. These prisoners don't have a right to a trial, why are they given legal citizenship all of a sudden? Personally, I would be surprised if they were executed. They'll probably be released eventually anyway and go do the things they were accused of. Then everyone would want the President or whoever ordered their release to be hanged for letting that person go. There is obviously a reason why those people are there, and if Obama is changing his mind about releasing them, he is now probably aware of the reasons that he probably didn't have knowledge of before. As far as decisions go militarily, civilians need to keep their opinions to themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The guidelines would be to abide by human rights, that way the world would see that Muslim's or nations who still have the death penalty are making land mark moves in association to the new way of order. I totally disagree with the death penalty in every way.
I

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't even feel sorry for finding this funny, Obama can't find anybody to pass these guys off too, so now he says well we'll give them some mock trials and kill them(assuming this is true).

Yes We Can!

We should just start killing them on the battlefield trying to abide by human rights got us into this mess to begin with. If they just started putting a bullet in their heads after they interrogated them then they would be complaining about how that's war crimes and everything else.

Screwed if you do, screwed if you don't.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well, I respectfully disagree. None of us are too far away from being anything they decide to call us. Seems to me like I remember a whole lot of people being labeled potential terrorists. Small step from potential terrorist to enemy combatant. They can call anyone anything they want, and do whatever they want to you when they catch you. 'yup, he was a terrorist, yup, he plead guilty and was executed expediently. case closed.'

My days of blind trust are over. Thanks ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Well, I respectfully disagree.

Thanks for respectfully disagreeing because some here on ATS do no such thing.

None of us are too far away from being anything they decide to call us. Seems to me like I remember a whole lot of people being labeled potential terrorists. Small step from potential terrorist to enemy combatant. They can call anyone anything they want, and do whatever they want to you when they catch you. 'yup, he was a terrorist, yup, he plead guilty and was executed expediently. case closed.'

I understand your point but there is a big difference between enemy combatants caught on the battlefield overseas who are not U.S. citizens and us normal U.S. citizens who live in America protected by the Constitution. Our rights cannot just be dismissed.

However, we must be vigilant because it does seem like the current administration and government is trying to erode our rights by skirting the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

The terrorists are NOT U.S. citizens nor common criminals so your entire point is MOOT.

Nor have the detainees yet been Proven to be "terrorists".

Save by a few small minds that seek to vilifiy the "other" in a vain attempt to feel better about themselves.

In this New World we have made for ourselves, we, anyone of us, are but a whispered accusation and a hurried pen-stroke from sharing the fate of those we despise.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Why is this surprising. The US govt. executed 3000 Americans without trial or warning on 9/11. They then executed hundreds of thousands in military action in Iraq and Afghanastan.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Nor have the detainees yet been Proven to be "terrorists".

Of course they have. These are people who killed and attempted to kill allied forces during battle in the Middle East. No trial needed. Using your flawed logic, we should have given all the prisoners of war during WWI and WWII the same rights as U.S. citizens and kept them in U.S. prisons.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Why is this surprising. The US govt. executed 3000 Americans without trial or warning on 9/11.

OMG! Are you serious or just trolling?
This must be the dumbest post I have read all week.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Actually he's got a point. I think most people now believe that some faction the US was in some complicit in the attacks on 9/11. The so called 'facts' just don't add up.

On topic: I can't really see this happening. As this would create martyrdom, as if the Guantanamo terrorist training camp isn't enough.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I must note that americans are blind about the fact that they are under a dictatorial regime but can't see it.
My country suffered under a dictatorial regime for long time so it's easy to see when someone try to put something like that in motion.

en.wikipedia.org...

PS: USA gov helped the coup d'état... that's one of reason I dont give a damn about the USA gov, they can go to hell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join