It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yoo Admits He Fixed Law Around Bush's Torture Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yoo Admits He Fixed Law Around Bush's Torture Policy

pubrecord.org

John Yoo, the former Deputy Attorney General at the agency’s Office of Legal Counsel, who drafted the infamous “torture memos” that gave former President George W. Bush and CIA interrogators the legal cover they needed to torture suspected terrorist detainees, offered some clues behind the genesis of the August 2002 legal opinions.

Yoo suggested in no uncertain terms that Bush administration officials sought to legalize torture and that he and his boss, Jay Bybee, fixed the law around the Bush administration’s policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, he has now admitted to what we have all known.

Do you think this will help or hinder the release of the torture photos.

This is basically saying, yes, what we did was 100% illegal.

Is this time to man up and tell the truth?

Or is this time to button it up as everyone already knows?

pubrecord.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not surprised.

If you want a tyrannical government they need the power to do anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The most tragic aspect of this is that it has been happening for the better part of the last century.

The saddest aspect of this is that this kind of practice by the political elite is most likely to continue.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So when do the trials start? Something has the neo-cons spooked even though we're all cynical that this country will ever do the right thing and throw these #s in jail or hang 'em. It could be that ever day this information keeps coming out on just how much they distorted and destroyed the law and foundations of this country or it could be because they know there's a huge bombshell about to come out (as if killing thousands of innocent people, invading a innocent country, destroying the economy, and now bending the law to authorize torture aren't enough)

I want to see a cell phone video of Bush and Cheney swinging from a rope.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That's a good question.

However, since Obama has at least 3 guilty members from Bush's squad now on his team, I think it's unlikely they will prosecute themselves.

It's unfortunate.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
while it would make my day,,,

i bet no one will ever go to trial,,, it seems a law or rule is only for who the elite now choose,,,, laws are negotiable

which is so wrong

look how the telecom co's got out of getting sued the last couple days..,,, a good example

top topics

join