It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XMB 1.9 beta with spell check.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I see the new version of XMB has spell check.
Something badly needed at this site

Have you tested the beta yet?

www.xmbforum.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
blah. Spellcheck is never going to appear on ATS. 2,000+ posts a day on busy days... with 400+ simultaneous users... that's a massive and unnecessary server load for something that is much more easily and accurately accomplished on the user's end. Oh... and we'd never be able to upgrade... we're really only based on XMB... not much is XMB any more.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK.
Well, I just tried it a program called ieSpell.
It's a plugin for Internet explorer that will check the spelling before you post.
You just need to right-click on the entered text and choose the option 'check spelling'.

I'm using IE6 even though it says it's for IE5, it seems to work OK so far.
www.iespell.com...
They say there's no spyware or adware.

I had to log in to ATS again after installation. I also had to login again at another site.
I think it affected my cookies after I installed it.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Well, I just tried it a program called ieSpell.
It's a plugin for Internet explorer that will check the spelling before you post.

Yeah, I�ve used this program for about a year now and love it. It works on web pages, word processors, windows file system and almost every other application used in windows. I highly recommend this spell checker. Although it isn�t as robust as MS Word�s spell checker it gets the job done.

EDIT: Sorry the one I�m using is QuickSpell found @ www.fornada.com... Although I have used ieSpell.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join