It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists cure cancer, but no one takes notice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Doctors do not encourage costless and effective health enhancing methods. Why should they?

Alternative medicines work fabulously for me and my loved ones

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Even as millions aren’t getting treatments they vitally need, a leading medical journalist argues that the main culprit in the soaring cost of American health care is actually overtreatment… and all that extra care is making us sick...
According to the Congressional Budget Office, in the past 30 years health care spending has risen 2 percent faster annually than the rest of the economy. In 2007 the total U.S. health care bill came to $2.3 trillion—more than we spent last year on food...
What do we get for all that money? Politicians are constantly telling us we have the best health care in the world, but that’s simply not the case. By every conceivable measure, the health of Americans lags behind the health of citizens in other developed countries. Our life expectancy is shorter than that of citizens in Canada, Japan, and all but one Western European country. We rank 43rd in the world in infant-mortality rates, behind Cuba, the Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom. We are no less disabled by disease than citizens of most developed nations, and our medical care is, with few exceptions, no better at helping us survive specific diseases. For instance,...

www.aarpmagazine.org...
I'd say 2.3 trillion dollars is enough to feed alot of mouths.
And keep the ones in the know shut.....

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Doctors do not encourage costless and effective health enhancing methods. Why should they?

Alternative medicines work fabulously for me and my loved ones

There are millions of doctors. Some are bad, some aren't. It's pretty hard to generalize. I've known many who promote healthy lifestyles and nutrition.

I've also known alternative healers who push treatments that are demonstrably ineffective because they get paid for it. As there is next to no control over them they can get away with anything.

An MD can get into trouble if they misdiagnose and prescribe something that is harmful. An alternative practitioner has far less scrutiny imposed on them.

It comes down to how knowledgeable the person you go to turns out to be, as well as their chosen approach to treatments.

The conspiracy theory that all Western medicine is pharmaceutical drug pushing and greedy doctors is not true.

There is a case for saying the same for alternative medicine. We hear less about them because they do not have a regulatory body.

Good and bad treatment can come from either source.

Mike

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wonder if DCA is the same 'cure' that one of the major pharma companies was rumoured to have stumbled across years ago. I heard this rumor when I got a piece of junk mail offering a medical newsletter subscription, which claimed that it would reveal which company and which substance was involved. I didn't subscribe but I did attempt to interest Elliott Spitzer as NY's District Attorney to investigate. Never got a reply and don't know if his Office ever looked into it. Supposedly the pharma company tried to find a way to patent the cure but couldn't since it was a common substance that anyone could manufacture so...instead of announcing their findings to the world, even if they couldn't exploit it, they suppressed it. (allegedly). I agree that if this substance is deliberately being withheld in order to protect the medical community and the pharma industry, then heads should roll!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, maybe Cancer and Aids and all illness we were talked about, are not what they said.
It seems that since the beginning something was wrong about health and illness.
It must be another approach totally different.
Could you wait for a moment and think?

Peace,
Happy

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
typical ATS hysteria. has anyone bothered to check the sources in the article or any other type of research on the supposed "cure"?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
I wonder if DCA is the same 'cure' that one of the major pharma companies was rumoured to have stumbled across years ago. I heard this rumor when I got a piece of junk mail offering a medical newsletter subscription, which claimed that it would reveal which company and which substance was involved.

If you read earlier in the thread, it was discussed how Cancer is not a single disease with one cause. It is a cluster of related conditions that involve the body's ability to regulate it's own cell reproduction.

There are hundreds of unethical companies offering Cancer cures often under the guise of being legitimate medical institutions.

The Pharmaceutical companies already profit with things like chemotherapy and symptom treatments for Cancer. They would find a way to maximize profits from any breakthroughs in Cancer treatment.

Stories of suppressed cures are conspiracy theories.

Mike

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
5 pages of support for the drug and bashing the pharma companies and no-one bothered checking into this below the surface? Lets look at the facts people. I think this was all potentially promising at one time but there really is no proof as of yet that this so-called miracle drug, DCA works in human patient.

The new scientist article was written in December 2007, and I believe the story broke around this time. In the video, Dr. Evangelos Michelakis says that the clinical trials are about to start and that they wil take about 3 months to complete.

This peaked my curiosity, so I went to the main site, which according to the article that broke this story is dedicated to further research in regards to this drug. The site has a section called 'DCA Human Studies'. While most of the conducted trials, including one administered as as recently as 2008 show the tolerability of the drug in humans, they fail to include the most important piece of the puzzle that we are looking for: Does it really work? Does it stop cancerous growth in humans?

So where is this planned human study that the university of Alberta has promised to take on? Well according to this site, it's still "in - progress", despite having an Estimated Study Completion Date of November 2008. What happened to the 3 month long trial we were promised by Dr. Evangelos Michelakis ?

My personal opinion - the drug was probably determined to be innefective in humans, and in an attempt to save face after his drug was hyped up in the world of medicine, the Dr. and his team are now dragging out the research as long as possible until it fades from view. I would love to be proven wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus

My personal opinion - the drug was probably determined to be innefective in humans, and in an attempt to save face after his drug was hyped up in the world of medicine, the Dr. and his team are now dragging out the research as long as possible until it fades from view. I would love to be proven wrong.

A recognized Oncologist I knew who also ran an alternative therapy clinic
had two shelves in his office filled with books, pamphlets, papers, on astounding breakthroughs in Cancer research. They were mostly donated by families of deceased patients.

He handed them out to new patients asking if there were any new advances. He told me they were good placebos for those looking for some hope.

Mike

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
scienceblogs.com...

read this. sorry dont know how to make a link. new here

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think this Jim Humble guy actually managed to beat Ron Paul in the incoherence department.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This was mentioned on the front page of a UK newspaper at the time.

BUT it was a tiny tiny article on the bottom right, with the main part being 'JADE GOODY BLA BLA'.

Terrible really, that some idiot like her can take the news spotlight over potential cancer cures.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In the latest news from the University of Alberta from Dr. Evangelos Michelakis on Oct, 08 this is the information he has provided.

www.depmed.ualberta.ca...

In collaboration with the Cross Cancer Institute and the Alberta Cancer Board, we are running clinical trials in patients with solid tumours that have failed standard therapies as well as in patients with malignant brain tumours. The objectives of these trials is to determine the safety of DCA as a novel therapy for cancer. We are trying to determine the optimal dose and to monitor potential adverse effects, such as drug interactions and toxicities. This is necessary to do before embarking on more definitive trials to test the effectiveness of this drug in the treatment of cancer. We have enrolled more than half of our target numbers of patients in these trials and we are gaining invaluable experience. Both the progress and the preliminary results are promising, although the detailed outcomes of these trials will be published in medical journals, after their completion.

If you read the original letter it clearly states that these types of trials take a couple of years, and they need a budget of 1.5 million, which they still don't have. You would think First World governments would be willing to spend dome money on this. Anyway, they are only determining dosage levels at this point. Apparently, results so far are very good.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The link in the OP to "disclose.tv" now requires registration. I guess it's not just big pharma that likes to try and monetize on the back of peoples suffering.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Do we know this for sure, in EVERY case?
Oh well does not matter, the "magic pills" are out there
if you look for them with an open mind.
I'm not saying trust a placebo, and NEVER see a doctor,
but my god most over the counter medicine is derived
from nature anyway.
Why not cut out the middle man and go right to the garden?
So many of these "cures" are right outside in our yards.
THAT IS THE REASON. It's not neccessarily a conspiracy.
Because God already has the patent on it and it's not profitable!
And once again our pride will not let us even look into it
unless we can make a buck or two off it and we see instant satisfaction.
Prescriptions don't work that well, plus there are the side effects that
are worse than the ACTUAL problems you are trying to "cure" in the
first place!
Modern health care isn't about health or care,
it's about seperating you from your hard earned money.
(in most cases, IMO)Sure you need an xray or something once in awhile,
but people let doctors cut into them like its all normal.
And of course people just keep buying this stuff they can't even
pronounce! Isn't that just perfect?
You can go to ten different doctors and every one will give you a
different diagnosis and ten different drugs to "cure" it!
Oh, and then he'll tell you to come back if it doesn't work, of course.
And, of course you'll go back.
Sorry for the rant and thanks for the ear....

Edit to add: we rank 45th in life expectancy in the world.
And 27th in infant mortality rates.
Need I say more about our "fantabulous" health care system?
en.wikipedia.org...
www.cia.gov...

[edit on 7-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
reply to post by oconnection

Having relatives that are in the medical field, you hear of rumors that there are cures for cancer and aids. My mom was very interested in looking up reports on this research and she had read reports on experiments done on curing aids that were sucessful and drugs that were developed that cured cancer. If this were actually true, they would never put it out there until they found the next "incurable disease" that was probably (and most likely) developed in some lab. It's all about money and control.

Boy this is the most idiotic and paranoid premise I have ever heard.

It makes more sense to cure cancer and sell the medicine to more people for longer times than it does not to.

It makes more money!

I bet you if I cured cancer I'd have a billion dollars over night from every tom dick and hairy that not only wants to threat their cancer, but also prevent others...

It never ceases to amaze me how illogical some people can be to assume that a cure for something would somehow not make any money...

go figure....

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Anyone hear anything about 'Wormroot' or 'Wormwood' healing cancer?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Do we know this for sure, in EVERY case?
Oh well does not matter, the "magic pills" are out there
if you look for them with an open mind.
I'm not saying trust a placebo, and NEVER see a doctor,
but my god most over the counter medicine is derived
from nature anyway.

I don't think there is a book on failed cancer cures. But you can get a good cross-section searching a major newspaper or magazine online and read all the announcements for cancer cures you never hear about again.

Here's how things work. If it works significantly statistically above chance, people would immediately notice. Terminal cases, researchers, companies, oncologists, would be all over it. You cannot suppress consistent positive results. It's worth a fortune.

Cures still championed rarely show more than 1 or 2 points above random probability, and even the numbers are disputed.

Cancer prevention works. Some treatments of low level cancers, like Hodgkins disease work. Chemotherapy can work. Surgery as well.

But no magic pill you swallow and it goes away.

But hundred claim they have one.

Mike

[edit on 8-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ya, I'm sure the newspaper thing would work.

Yes chemo and surgery do work, sometimes.
But they also destroy healthy tissue? Wtf?
Placebos work too, sometimes.
My mind can heal me sometimes too.....
Got to be a better way than destroying your health to cure something.
That doesnt even make logical sense, does it?

Or if I fret long enough I can also make myself sick.
Its called being psychosomatic.
Much easier to trust someone else with your number one resource!
The mind(and body)are much more powerfull than we give them credit for.
I agree, if theres money to be made it will be.
Once again the natural remedies(that work well, with no side effects
like being broke-for instance-from trying to pay for them)
in your yard dont cost a plug nickel!
And guess what? No profit for the greedy corps!
And once agin, no side effects other than being in control
of you OWN life! Thats a side effect I like!
Along with NO medical bills and the most important thing I own still intact.
My health.
Undamaged and not under control by big pharma and their money-based decisions. It does take work, study and personal responsibility and I
realize those are all four letter words!
Thank you for the replies and posts mike & everyone.
P.S. All I am saying is I have seen these natural remedies work
time and time again! Very good results almost always.
And yes on cancer too.... But spend your money at the pharmacy
if it makes you feel safer. Lord knows it explains more than just this.
Amerika, land of the greed, home of the fraid'.
We even have a show about it now on cnbc called "American Greed".

It's unimaginable. Expensive chemotherapy drugs are watered down and sold to unsuspecting patients. Robert Courtney pockets millions. American Greed profiles the criminal and the investigators who brought him to justice

www.cnbc.com...
www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wanted to toss this up on here also:

NaturalNews) Various health benefits have been discovered in relation to drinking green tea and taking green tea extracts. These benefits include such things as decreasing the severity of cold and flu symptoms and decreasing the risk and growth of cancer.
Green tea is made from the leaves of the plant Camellia sinensis which is a type of evergreen. Green tea has many active ingredients including polyphnolic compounds known as catechins which act as antioxidants.

www.naturalnews.com...

NaturalNews) For all its broad health benefits there is still yet another exciting role for Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) that offers promise for those challenged with cancer. CoQ10 is a naturally occurring compound found in every cell in the body where it plays a critical role in the mitochondria that burn or oxidize food for fuel. Levels of CoQ10 decline as we age which leads to speculation that certain diseases and aging are a result of this diminished enzyme.
The scientific community is taking another look at CoQ10 due to encouraging evidence that suggests CoQ10 has a positive impact in battling cancer. If a patient chooses chemotherapy drugs, rather than less harmful alternative treatments, it appears the drugs are more effective battling cancer if CoQ10 is added as a supplement, even though irreversible damage is inflicted from the toxic drugs. One of the reasons chemotherapy doesn`t cure more cancer is because there are inherent toxicity limits to the dosage administered. While cancer is being eradicated by high dosage chemotherapy treatment the overwhelming damage to healthy cells and permanent immune suppression can be severe enough that treatment must be discontinued or the patient is left to face fatal infections.

www.naturalnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join