It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website "flight447.com" was registered 2yrs ago by an IRANIAN????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I found this to be too incredible, so here goes.

First of all, let me say that i got the story from (GLP). I normally dont do that but this blows my mind.

flight447.com registered before Air France flight has disappeared
Friday, 05 June 2009
E-mail Print

It was discovered an unusual domain name registration for the Air France flight 447.
Flight 447 dissapeared these days after news agencies confirmed that a previous Air France flight from Buenos Aires to Paris was the target of a bomb threat just days before.
The domain name flight447.com was registered on September 30, 2007 and it is owned by Kari Bian, an Iranian film producer.
When contacted Bian said that the connection between his registration and the crash is coincidental. “It’s just an accident"he said. “I have nothing to do with anything. I feel really bad for that flight.”
Now it has emerged that someone registered a domain for the missing plane’s flight number on September 30, 2007. The domain name, which currently points to a search engine, expires on the same date this year and was registered to Success Incorporated in Malibu, California.

It’s not unusual for individuals to register domain names shortly after news breaks on a big story and then to sell them. Indeed, a second domain AirFrance447.com was registered the day of the crash, hours after the news made headlines, and a third domain AirFranceLawSuit.com is being auctioned on e-Bay this week after being registered the day after the crash.

The timing of the two-year-old flight447.com, however, makes it unusual.

The story has now been removed from Domainews.com

-
Anyone?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Freaky.

Given that some say that time viewing is possible and practiced... I might suspect some of that going on.

But who knows?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
this is very interesting indeed. is there anyway to double check these facts ourselves? how can we see when a domain name was registered? and why would he link it to his film studio website if he had prior knowledge of the terror attack (if that is, indeed, what it is)? Wouldn't that make it just TOO easy to trace it back to him and who told him about this?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have not done much digging - but digging can be done if someone has the time. This is the regristration info for that domain.

whois.domaintools.com... (more tools here)

Whois Record
Domain flight447.com:
success company
23852 pacific coast highway suite 720
malibu, ca 90265 US

Administrative contact:
Technical contact:
Billing contact:
success company
success company

23852 pacific coast highway suite 720
malibu, ca 90265 US
Phone: +310.4880403
Fax:

Record dates:
Record created on: 2007-09-30 23:33:39 UTC
Record modified on: 2009-06-03 15:37:07 UTC
Record expires on: 2018-09-30 UTC

Nameservers:
ns1.fabulous.com:
ns2.fabulous.com:

Regristration for Karinmmovies.com

whois.domaintools.com...

It is all odd though. The domain is redirected to KarimMovies.com for sure. Someone with more tech skills might have to weight in on this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
huh. that is very interesting indeed. I have no idea what to make of this, if anything at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is an article at Wired.com about this:
Flight447.com article

Air France Crash Raises Questions About Domain Name Registration (Updated)
By Kim Zetter June 3, 2009 | 3:57 pm | Categories: Miscellaneous
(Updates with a new re-direct for flight447.com, extension of the domain ownership for another 9 years, and the removal of an eBay listing for AirFranceLawSuit.com)

As investigators seek to unravel the fate of Air France flight 447, there’s been speculation online about an unusual domain name registration made some two years prior to this week’s plane crash, flight447.com.

The mystery of the Air France flight that disappeared this week deepened after news agencies on Wednesday confirmed a previous Air France flight from Buenos Aires to Paris was the target of a bomb threat just days before. That plane was inspected and arrived without incident.

Now it has emerged that someone registered a domain for the missing plane’s flight number on September 30, 2007. It’s not unusual for individuals to register domain names shortly after news breaks on a big story and then to sell them. Indeed, a second domain AirFrance447.com was registered the day of the crash, hours after the news made headlines, and a third domain AirFranceLawSuit.com is being auctioned on e-Bay this week after being registered the day after the crash.

The timing of the two-year-old flight447.com, however, makes it unusual

The domain which currently points to a search engine currently redirects to karimmovies.com, a site promoting an Israeli-Palestinian love story called David and Fatima about an Israeli soldier’s relationship with a Palestinian Muslim girl.

Both domains are owned by Kari Bian, an Iranian film producer based in the U.S. He’s also listed as executive producer for Secrets of Life, a movie starring Tony Curtis, Vivica Fox, Jon Lovitz and Cheech Marin, and a semi-autobiographical tale called The Iron Man, which is unrelated to the Robert Downey, Jr., film and is loosely based on Bian’s life.

When contacted Bian said that the connection between his registration and the crash is coincidental. “It’s just an accident (that there’s a connection),” he said. “I have nothing to do with anything. I feel really bad for that flight.”

Bian also owns a small side business registering domains called Thriftys. Bian says he buys domain names and owns about 500 of them, which include the names of numerous airline flight numbers as well as the names of cars, flowers, businesses and songs. He says he created the flight number domains with a program.

“I just put ‘flight’ in front of 1 through 1,000 and I register them,” he explained.

He says he didn’t buy the flight domains for any particular reason and has no intention of selling flight447.com now

..........click on link for more.....

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

“I just put ‘flight’ in front of 1 through 1,000 and I register them,” he explained.

Source

Not so suspicious when you read this bit.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
huh. I did some playing around and found out that if you type flightXXX into that site they all work. No conspiracy here, unless buying up all the dumb domain names is.

Ex:

Domain flight451.com:
Suucess
23852 pacific coast highway unit 720
malibu, ca 90265 US

Administrative contact:
Technical contact:
Billing contact:
Suucess
Incorporated

23852 pacific coast highway unit 720
malibu, ca 90265 US
Phone: +1.013104880403
Fax:

Record dates:
Record created on: 2007-09-30 23:33:45 UTC
Record modified on: 2008-12-18 03:59:19 UTC
Record expires on: 2009-09-30 UTC

Nameservers:
ns1.dsredirection.com:
ns2.dsredirection.com:

oops, didn't see the other posts

[edit on 5-6-2009 by afterschoolfun]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is really weird.

I tend to believe that nothing is a coincidence...but who knows?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you folks, for adding and researching this more.

I'm having a hard time trying to piece all this together. One thing is for sure that Iranian WILL be interrogated.

Very strange stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

What's with the emphasis on him being an Iranian??

Why will he be interrogated?

Didn't you read the other links provided? He has 500 domain names, many of them are flight numbers.

Why aren't you jumping up and down about the other sites that were registered the day of the crash? Is it because they weren't registered by an Iranian?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

He says he didn’t buy the flight domains for any particular reason and has no intention of selling flight447.com now.

“I’m very busy with my work and my career,” he says. “I’m not waiting for a flight to crash so I can go sell it.
* OR IS HE?????

You all have to admit this is rather strange. If what hes saying is true, then why buy the domain names in the first place with flight numbers???

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh chill.

IRANIAN was already in the title and the guy does happen to be Iranian. For all i know he's an American Black Op agent....relax.

If he isnt buying all those domain names for the purpose of selling them or SOME KIND OF AGENDA, then why buy them????

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Me Chill?

I'm not the one jumping at shadows.

Bian also owns a small side business registering domains called Thriftys. Bian says he buys domain names and owns about 500 of them, which include the names of numerous airline flight numbers as well as the names of cars, flowers, businesses and songs. He says he created the flight number domains with a program.

So does his Black ops work extend to flowers and songs too?

Why haven't you bothered questioning the agenda of whoever registered AirFranceLawSuit.com?

It's apparently for sale on ebay at the moment.

Definite money making agenda right there...

[edit on 5/6/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ooops, missed this one....

Why aren't you jumping up and down about the other sites that were registered the day of the crash? Is it because they weren't registered by an Iranian?

BECAUSE PEOPLE IMMEDIATLY WILL WANT TO WORK WITH SOMETHING that just happened...as opposed to someone who already had one set up for two years...get it?

Your emphasis on Iran is very irritating. FYI: I have Iranian relatives.

Get over it please.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I remember now why people stop posting here and just go away.

:shk:

Its a shame that you're allowed to flame a thread. So much for civility and my liberty to post something i thought would be good to discuss, debunk, and think about.

Incredible.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Ohh so you're ok with people who take advantage of a tragic accident to make money but when a guy registers a random flight number two years ago and isn't willing to sell it, it's a big deal

Bloody hilarious.

As for me emphasizing the guy being Iranian, YOU are the one who capitalised the word IRANIAN in the title.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If i were you, and if you were smart enough, you would stop flaming this thread.
Find something else to do, you know, productive.

Lovely chat. Psycho chat.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to say, I do not see any reason to not believe the guy. Grant it, he is forwarding the domain to a real website now. But,
If you go HERE and type in Flightxxx.com (put random 3 numbers), they are all registered to the same company.

The company that owns it:

whois.domaintools.com...

"success company" owns about 9,627 other domains

I admit, I'm not well versed on domain registrations.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
woop...ignore me...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by alien]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by alien]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join