It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrail or Chemtrail? Photo - you decide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I personally witnessed a jet make this short trail today. I saw it start, and I saw it stop. A few moments later, I saw a rainbow form inside this short trail. I know this topic is hotly debated, but I have submitted a photo that will aide in some healthy debate. Logic tells me that this is far more than just a contrail. You decide! If you look close, you can also see more trails in the distance, and a much larger one that had already dissipated, but is still visible from one end of the photo to the other. There are a lot of contradictions in this shot, given the arguments I've read on this board in threads past in opposition to the chemtrail argument. What say you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31a3b22e2718.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Personally, I grow tiresome of the whole chemtrail/contrail debate. There are no chemtrails and if there were, you wouldn't see them, or they'd be noticeable moreso than regular contrails. Contrails have been seen in the sky since planes have been able to fly at those altitudes.

What is a contrail?

Contrails (short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are visible trails of condensed water vapour made by the exhaust of aircraft engines. As the hot exhaust gases cool in the surrounding air they may precipitate a cloud of microscopic water droplets. If the air is cold enough, this trail will comprise tiny ice crystals.
Wiki

If you didn't understand it, read it again. A cloud of microscopic water droplets in the form of water vapor. When you stand outside on a very cold day and breathe out, that is also condensed water vapor. If you were to walk backwards while breathing out, you would be creating a contrail. Your car creates a contrail when you drive it around in the cold winter as well.

The water vapor down here on the ground evaporates. Water vapor high up in the atmosphere does not evaporate as easily and therefore hangs. That's how we have clouds. Clouds are made up of the same exact thing, water vapor. In essence, aircraft engines are making clouds when they fly high enough in the atmosphere.

Any chemical that is heavier than water would not hang in the air. Any chemical sprayed in the atmosphere would have to be an equal weight of water, equal freezing-point as water and equal color as water. The only chemical that equals water is water. Any other chemical sprayed in the atmosphere would have a different color, weight and freezing-point than water and would fall through the air instead of hang in the air like water.

As far as the "rainbow" effect, that's what water does in the sunlight. As far as the short contrail goes, when a plane skirts the part of the atmosphere where it's cold enough to see the water vapor from the exhaust, then that is what happens. If you're driving around in winter and you pull into a warm garage, the contrail from your car's exhaust also will go away. You pull back outside into the cold air, the contrail comes back.

The strong, upper-level winds will also distort and make different formations out of contrails (and clouds). You would feel these winds as turbulence while riding a plane.

To sum things up, contrails are nothing more than water vapor from the exhaust of aircraft, just like the exhaust from your car or your breath in winter. Any other chemical sprayed into the atmosphere that is not water would be very easy to tell that it's not water.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry, but there is more to it than that. I do acknowledged contrails. What I should do, is take a picture of the intense checkerboarding patterns that happen here every so often.

I'm close to 40 years old, and I've lived near flight paths my entire life....I only started seeing these checker boards within the past 10 to 12 years.

I guess neither of us can prove or disprove with 100% accuracy either way - all I know is that something is different.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
I'm close to 40 years old, and I've lived near flight paths my entire life....I only started seeing these checker boards within the past 10 to 12 years.

You should look up how much air traffic has increased over the past 10 to 12 years.
And furthermore, what are those "checker boards" doing? They hang up in the air like clouds. Meaning they are not falling through the sky coming down to harm you. Defeats the purpose of "spraying" doesn't it?

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
I guess neither of us can prove or disprove with 100% accuracy either way.

Yes we can prove it and I just told you how. Any other chemical heavier than water and with a different freezing-point than water will not hang in the air like clouds and contrails. It's simple chemistry.

So many people want to believe in such wild conspiracies that they literally forget what they were taught in school. Or even do the slightest bit of research to see if what they're saying actually makes sense.

There are no such things as chemtrails and if there were, they definitely wouldn't be so noticeable as simple contrails.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Imagine a sky filled with about 20 of those, and getting much bigger.
Pretty much happens on a daily basis where I live.
I have no idea what they are, could be completely harmless I have no idea.
I'd just like to see the sun a little more often like it use to be around here.

new topics

top topics

join