It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question~Why do Freemasons and Jewish People use G-D

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with masonry or judaism, but when considering the name of the most high you might gain more insight by listening to the sound of it in different cultures.

AllAh. KrishnA. rA. gAd. jAhwe. BuddhA. jAh.

Chant AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for a few minutes and you`ll get a sense of what the sound feels like.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In Hebrew, Judaism uses many different words to signify God. The most common one, Adonai, is not actually written "Adonai" in Hebrew even though it is pronounced as such. I mean, it can be written that way but traditionally it's two yud letters with some vowels. It's kind of a combination of vowels (hence the AAAAAAA mentioned by Skyfloating.) I once made the connection that if you stress the vowels a certain way and add a "J/y/v" sound, it sounds like "Jehova." But yeah. You're not supposed to say God's real name so that you keep it sacred.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Masonic Info - Please Explain

Sometimes I see "G_d" written by Masons instead of the complete name of the Deity. Why?

Actually, it's not only writings by Masons where you'd see this. Many Orthodox Jews will not write the Name of Deity in full in any place other than a liturgical usage for fear that the paper on which it is written might be destroyed in a manner that would constitute profanation of the Name, in violation of the third Commandment. Because Masons take their religious obligations seriously, those Masons of the Jewish faith may do this in a much larger percentage than the general population.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Those are individual names of different gods over many different years, which were part of a multitude of different pantheons. And you seem to have turned a "O" sound in a "A" sound in God.
Phonetically speaking, most people pronounce Allah with a "uh" sound.
For that matter, Buddha is not a God, but a teacher of spiritualism.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i have no clue in the connection w/the use of God w/freemasons; however, it's the 3rd commandment. you know how one uses or substitutes one word in lieu of another.....like "frickin" for, ya know, the other, unacceptable word but in its inference it means the same. o, "G_D", might possibly mean o, s h i t? i used to say, "o, winnersnitzel" when i talked to my children. they knew what i meant. maybe it's misuse is what is unacceptable and lack of respect.

when i say, G_d D_ _m it! do i really want to say my God damn a person, place or thing?

it is so socially acceptable today i really haven't given it much thought, but after your thread, i believe i will make a conscience effort to think before i speak.

i do find it quite strange that the real name of God is omitted in most translations of the bible. wonder if king james and shakespear were in cahoots?

this is so off topic. i apologize, but you have me thinking.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't think anyone really knows the name of Prime Creator...........

Unless the force whispers it in my ear I know I don't know it..............

I do agree that tonals and such may be a way to come closer to the proper frequency, though..........

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

The pronounciation of all of them are the same. Its the "a" sound as in "car".
BuddhA, AllAh, God, Ra, KrishnA. No difference in pronounciation.

As to why this is the case...figure it out

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join